Fleck Today

DamienM855

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he could help stop Jelavic being so isolated, he links midfield and attack much like Naismith but doesn't have electric pace. He's best in either the "Rooney role" or a "Charlie Adam" like CM. He, Hutton and Ness are what I see as our midfield choices for the future. IMO Hutton would compliment his play well as almost a diamond shape, would try that in the cups next season.

Only gets a chance playing left midfield, which isn't his position.

Give him a run of 5 games in the centre, just off the striker(s) and then we'll see if he's a player.

I didn't think he played LM today, thought that's were he played?

McGregor

Whittaker Goian Boca Kirk

Davis Edu

Bedoya Fleck Lafferty

Jelavic

McGregor

Davis Edu Fleck

Jelavic Hemmings Lafferty

I didn't think he played LM today, thought that's were he played?

McGregor

Davis Edu

Bedoya Fleck Lafferty

Jelavic

McGregor

Davis Edu Fleck

Jelavic Hemmings Lafferty

I wasn't meaning today mate, I was meaning the other times he's played (tu)

I think he could help stop Jelavic being so isolated, he links midfield and attack much like Naismith but doesn't have electric pace. He's best in either the "Rooney role" or a "Charlie Adam" like CM. He, Hutton and Ness are what I see as our midfield choices for the future. IMO Hutton would compliment his play well as almost a diamond shape, would try that in the cups next season.

McCabe is better than Hutton. ;)

done ok today nothing more nothing less but would give him a run in the team. He drives at people instead of this pass sideways pish ie bedoya. Honestly thought he was going to be the scottish rooney couple of years back . Time to STEP UP AND PLAY young fleckie.

He impressed when he cam eon today no doubt. His first touch and control was a class above and he was always looking for a pass or to drive forward when he could. Distribution was good and should get a few more appearances.

Perhaps he has knuckled down recently and Ally having him as captain v corby and giving him a good run out today is a sign hes maturing and can play a part.

Not really sure what he did that was so special when he came on, never created anything when he played behind Jelavic!

Saying that I do believe he should get a shot behind Jela because Lafferty has been mince performance wise for a while.

Would like to see the likes of Bendiksen and McMillian get more game time.

He got the ball, looked composed when he was on it, had a tight touch, and played accurate passes along the ground which were slightly ahead of the player.

That's more than Davis, Edu, McKay and Bedoya done all game.

McCabe is better than Hutton. ;)

Very possible, but I've heard a few stories about McCabe being an out and out ned.

Could very well be false stories I suppose, but if their true I'd much rather play Hutton, the boy seems a grafter - something we we lack just now IMO. (tu)

Saying that I do believe he should get a shot behind Jela because Lafferty has been mince performance wise for a while.

Would like to see the likes of Bendiksen and McMillian get more game time.

I think Lafferty is just his usual inconsistent self, unfortunately.

I agree. The players should be made aware that 0-0 at home isn't good enough, we've taken 2 points from two home games against St Mirren and St Johnstone. We should be looking to make a change or two to remind the players that performances and results like today aren't acceptable.

On Lafferty, I actually thought he started well today. Looked lively took the ball down well, held it up and had a good few runs..Then after 20 minutes, like the rest of the team he faded and suffered from a lack of service from a shocking midfield.

Straight after HT he picked up a knock and didn't look the same, so was shunted out wide.

Very possible, but I've heard a few stories about McCabe being an out and out ned.

Could very well be false stories I suppose, but if their true I'd much rather play Hutton, the boy seems a grafter - something we we lack just now IMO. (tu)

Really? Thats interesting because i have heard the complete opposite, the truth may be somewhere in between mate. (tu) Hutton is miles, possibly years away from regular first team football at Rangers.

he should replace Davis for the next game.

If you mean play Fleck instead of Davis in our usual starting 4-4-2 then I don't agree at all. Fleck cannot tackle at all and would be a disaster in a central pair. It's obvious that he will only be effective if played behind a striker so that means changing our formation which tbf we did when he came on. You would still need 2 midfielders behind him so who would you suggest if Davis isn't one of them? Ideally if we were.playing a 4-2-3-1 I'd like to see Davis and Ness as the 2 but that seems a vain hope with Ness's fitness.

Whether Fleck is the answer as the central player in the 3 I don't know, McKay could also play there, but at least it would be an option.

Agree mate, some players need to know that when they fail to perform it won't be accepted no matter who they are.

No player should be undroppable, especially players that have failed to perform to a good level often this season yet are regarded as regulars.

Although 'results' hide some performances.

For me Lafferty has produced his best when playing as part of a forward 3 with Jelavic and Naismith as they played a lot of the time in the run in last season. While I agree with the general view that he doesn't suit being an out and out wide player in the way he has often been played, I'm still not convinced that he is that effective up top in a regular 2.