Half Term Report

Only a fool would look at 3 decent games in half a season as boding well for our future.

Only a fool would overlook the fact we are being outplayed by lesser teams.

Only a fool would find it acceptable for one single player to define your whole team and play style and when he is gone we play crap against inferior opposition.

Only a fool thinks its acceptable for the manager to pick 3 holding players in midfield against bottom of the league teams in a poor league.

Only a fool thinks the manager picking LB in CM is acceptable when his own signings for that position havent been given a chance.

Only a fool ....

Your another with the head I'm the sand comments lol. I think it's safe to say we all know where we are at present and everyone can see that. It's just some would rather paint a picture of failure and future doom under ally when in reality we are sitting top and four clear, maybe I.just don't fear the scum as much as others.

And your post above, did naisy only play three games? You fail to see change but there is no denying we are a tad different with the ones I mentioned, why are you failing to see this instead of will never change under ally bullshit

Ally gets a season, if we don't win the League and if this style of football continues in my opinion. It is all in the midfield: if it is beyond him to choose good midfielders, play them in their proper positions, or even play them at all, then he has to go. We'll see, but the fans don't like what they are seeing, and that will hit home if what he is doing doesn't bring success

Ally gets a season, if we don't win the League and if this style of football continues in my opinion. It is all in the midfield: if it is beyond him to choose good midfielders, play them in their proper positions, or even play them at all, then he has to go. We'll see, but the fans don't like what they are seeing, and that will hit home if what he is doing doesn't bring success

I agree about the midfield.We are dire at the mo,but who is it that you think Ally should be playing?Who have we got?He has introduced TKB recently and I,m sure we will see much more of him in the coming months.If Ness was fit,I,m positive he would be a mainstay of the team.I would not have Edu or big Lee anywhere near the line-up but I just dont think Super has tons of options.

I agree about the midfield.We are dire at the mo,but who is it that you think Ally should be playing?Who have we got?He has introduced TKB recently and I,m sure we will see much more of him in the coming months.If Ness was fit,I,m positive he would be a mainstay of the team.I would not have Edu or big Lee anywhere near the line-up but I just dont think Super has tons of options.

It's the signings as well though. Why have Matt McKay sitting on the bench and play Papac in centre-mid? Why was Ortiz signed. This reminds me a little of the Capucho signing- who was responsible for looking at Ortiz and thinking he would be ideal for Rangers?- he has no strength, no pace, and no great technique. I know you may not agree, but I thought Fleck did well at Ibrox when he came on a few weeks ago, but against Hibs last week Ortiz was brought on when we were 2-0 up; why no Fleck or McKay coming on at that point? The transfer period to come is crucial for Ally, and I think we need to do something about the midfield if we are to have any possibility of winning this League.

It's the signings as well though. Why have Matt McKay sitting on the bench and play Papac in centre-mid? Why was Ortiz signed. This reminds me a little of the Capucho signing- who was responsible for looking at Ortiz and thinking he would be ideal for Rangers?- he has no strength, no pace, and no great technique. I know you may not agree, but I thought Fleck did well at Ibrox when he came on a few weeks ago, but against Hibs last week Ortiz was brought on when we were 2-0 up; why no Fleck or McKay coming on at that point? The transfer period to come is crucial for Ally, and I think we need to do something about the midfield if we are to have any possibility of winning this League.

Yep,if he's given the money,he's got to perform better in the transfer market.McKay is a strange one-can only presume it's a fitness issue(although he's able to complete 90 mins for Oz!)Ortiz should not have been signed.Bedoya has shown nothing.

I would like to see Fleck given a run in the team but we are not privvy to what goes on at training and,if he was doing the business there,I'm sure Ally would give him that run.

Yep,if he's given the money,he's got to perform better in the transfer market.McKay is a strange one-can only presume it's a fitness issue(although he's able to complete 90 mins for Oz!)Ortiz should not have been signed.Bedoya has shown nothing.

I would like to see Fleck given a run in the team but we are not privvy to what goes on at training and,if he was doing the business there,I'm sure Ally would give him that run.

It's the midfield that seems to be causing the whole other problems for the team. You are right about Bedoya: when I first saw him I was a little concerned. In midfield we are one paced, one dimensional; lacking invention and penetration. Davis is cutting a very lonely figure in that midfield at the moment. Some modern teams are casting off the idea of a holding midfielder in favour of a more attacking formula, we have two, sometimes three, in the same time at any one time, and against weakened sides, as Inverness were the other day. I want Ally to succeed, but Rangers are very hard to watch right now, and have been for quite a while, especially at Ibrox for some reason.

RE, Fleck. This one baffles me, it really does. He is a player, and I really believe that, but he needs some game time surely.

PLG has a vision on how football is to be played and would have taken time to deliver that to a slow, shallow minded Scottish culture. Ally doesnt seem to know what he is doing.

PLG had a vision akin to Tony Mowbray's vision to mould Celtic into the Scottish Barcelona, I take it he knew what he was doing?

Playing in spain Ortiz had so much more flair and confidence. Scored some corkers too and had good distribution.. He is taking a long time to settle to SPL and seems kinda lazy about trying to change his style to suit our game.

Bedoya is another. Seen him play for the US and it's miles better than anything I've seen while he is at rangers.

SPL boot camp needed? Your in the army now boys.. Buck it up.

McKay is a strange one also. Seems clueless and out of position then *bang* sets up a goal or drifts in to some random position to make a great move.

He is kinda like a poor Laudrup.. And I mean that as a compliment.

As For Edu and Jig? When big Lee came on in Saturday it solidified our mid field. Doesn't explain why Edu, davis and wylde were so cack for 90% the time tho :-/

There have been decent performances in mid season friendlies. Last old firm was a corker. Few great games in the season too.

On a player wage bill that's pretty low compared with 5 years ago.

We are not the biggest club in Scotland. We don't compete with the EPL we are not the institution we were.

But we can be. And loping off the head of a legend who has taken the reigns is suicide. Our transfer kitty won't bulge with McCoist gone. We will just be left with a hole that we cannot afford to fill.

We're in the mire.

But I'm confident the guys we have will pull us out.

We are not the biggest club on Scotland?!

Pardon?

Please explain that one to me.

PLG had a vision akin to Tony Mowbray's vision to mould Celtic into the Scottish Barcelona, I take it he knew what he was doing?

Wether you agreed with what he was doing or not, the point was that he actually had a plan and vision on how to move forward. Can you say the same about McCoist? Amateurish tactics and poor performances with no idea where its going...

Wether you agreed with what he was doing or not, the point was that he actually had a plan and vision on how to move forward. Can you say the same about McCoist? Amateurish tactics and poor performances with no idea where its going...

Completely about your points about Le Guen. What some Rangers fans don't seem to realise is that Ally starts with a clean slate: he is no longer Ally the playing legend, in many respects he is just like Le Guen, or Walter even, when he took over first time round. Ally's team selections and tactics are not great; they could improve, and they will have to. I would hold back till the summer, and if we don't win the League, and if he hasn't improved on signings etc, then he should go