Matt Mckay

CyprusBear

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your last paragraph i think sums up McCoist although i would add there appears to be an element of fear in a fair few of his selections.

For me a confident manager who had faith in the signings he made (not Smith) would have put McKay in beside Davis rather than Papac.

The catch 22 though is as you say. We won the game 2-1 and that is all that matters....or is it?

I'm not sure whether it's fear of getting beaten or whether he is uncertain of how exactly we fill the role of Naismith on that right hand side of the park, because whoever plays on that position has got a fucking lot of defensive duties to carry out due to the fact Whittaker is a liability as a defender against wingers with a bit of pace and skill.

I personally would put McMillan at right back and play either Aluko or Whittaker at right midfield with Davis and McKay in the centre of midfield and then let McCoist have either Wylde or Papac play on the left..

To some, the only thing that matters is the result no matter how it's acheived, but I look at it this way...If you play the game in the proper manner with style and commitment, more often than not, you will get

the right result anyway. We should not be on a knife edge against these lower teams who are 30 points+ inferior to us.

The whole thing with Matt McKay is frustrating and a bit akin to meeting a nice chick. The question in your head is "Will I get her in the sack and if/ when I do, will she turn out to be a fantastic shag, or will it just be a short term affair? All we've had so far is a peck on the cheek and see you soon, maybe.

But you locked her in the toilet - makes progress a tad difficult

The fact that Papac is getting a game in midfield before the Australian POTY even gets a chance suggests to me that it's not his ability that's keeping him out of the team...

Not me, I'm in enough trouble myself, but my wife:

I agree. There must be some reasons why he has not even gradually been blooded. I have no intention of denigrating the SPL. But, let's face it Matty is not playing for a club in the EPL, Serie A or La Liga. We are after all talking about the SPL football. From my observation from the games I've seen the Rangers and other SPL teams play, in terms of generic abilities as a footballer, he should stand out as one of the best in the team.

To explore hypothetical reasons for this mystery

(1) Rangers are yet to pay the Roar transfer fee

(2) Matty's "football" does not suit McCoist's/SPL's "rugby" type ball game

(3) McCoist does not have a clue as to how to play a passing game and lacks confidence to adopt types of football other than the formation consisting of defence, wings, and a physcial lone striker

(4) McCoist is not interested in adopting a style of football to entertain and give pleasure to fans.

(5) McCoist is incapable of adopting entertaining football as WINNING is everything for him

(6) Rangers' players do not have enough technical skills to play a tactically and technically more demanding passing game

(7) Matty is suffering from some kind of culture shock

Intelligent and educated in one of the top Brisbane public (aka private)schools and one of the top universities McKay is struggling

(8) Matty refuses to play

(9) The rangers got him to play specifically for the CL/EL

(10)He's a Mummy's boy

Hope not because he looks, to me,so far that he would struggle to keep his place in a scottish second division team never mind the spl.The pace and the speed and standard of passing and play seems to be way beyond what he is used to and he hasn't shown that he is able to react.

Didn't realise we'd reached April 1 so quickly

i am just totally baffled by the whole situation, a top player at his peak who given a chance would help run a midfield for rangers against most teams. I think i can speak on behalf of all the aussie lads on here that have watched Matt for many a year is that we are just totally frustrated as we all know what a great player he is and what he can bring to the bears.

I am more leaning to the possibility that Matt's face does not fit with the the in-crowd so to speak, hence why every weekend i have to endure Mcculloch....

Quite ashamed to say this but last week i switched off the computer for the ICT game when i saw the line-up, that's how annoyed i was, and i have never ever done that when it comes to my beloved bears...

anyhow i hope Matt gets his chance soon as he will be a very good player for the Gers given his chance.

AR