referee performance

deanzo1690

We played poor last night our big players didn't step up and play, but we should have been a goal ahead after wallaces header went over the line as everyone seen, in this day and age that should not be happening in a game of this stature ? And were was the linesman when the ball was crossed over to wallace, if he had been in his proper position he would have giving the goal but not just last night the first old firm game of the season big Lafferty scored to either make it 2-2 or 3-2 to us and the linesman couldn't get his flag up quick enough to deny us a perfectly legit goal. Two massive games and two massive goals not giving, surely we must come out and question these decisions ? Also charlie mulgrew and adam matthews dives in the game will they both receive the same punishment as Aluko got ? Doubt it very much with liewell in the sfa!

We can't argue with the goal not being given in all honesty, I don't think anyone knew it had went in until we saw the replays - I was sure it had hit the post and come back out.

The referee was shocking last night, everything went to Celtic, but we did ourselves no favours. We knew they would dive, go down soft, play for it and we played into their hands.

The SFA have a decision to make now, is diving only unacceptable if an opponent gets sent off or it results in a penalty, or is it unacceptable all round, whether resulting in Yellow cards or just fouls being given?

Apparently simulation is a retrospective red card offence, and Matthews and Mulgrew simulated to the full yesterday - with Matthews being hit by the Parkhead Poltergeist. But hey, they aren't Rangers players...

From where I was standing it looked like the ref was initially trying to let the game flow. It didn't take long for him to start giving them every foul they were looking for though.

Haven't watched it back on tv yet so couldn't comment on the dives / Wallace effort.

On the radio after the game Dung and co were suggesting that Pooper was wrongly ruled offside when through on goal and that the ref had a fantastic game <cr>

From where I was standing it looked like the ref was initially trying to let the game flow. It didn't take long for him to start giving them every foul they were looking for though.

Haven't watched it back on tv yet so couldn't comment on the dives / Wallace effort.

On the radio after the game Dung and co were suggesting that Pooper was wrongly ruled offside when through on goal and that the ref had a fantastic game <cr>

He was onside, but he was far from clear. He had Bartley right behind him as Boca stepped up. As soon as the flag went up we stopped and the Mhank kept running.

last night the ref overall did ok a few decisions that could have gone either way ie players backing in did go against us but nothing to complain about.as for the goal no way could any of the officials give it the ref was nowhere near the goaline the angle of the lino view was blocked by a rangers player also the angle that the keeper went down would have in all probability blocked his view.we have no grounds to complain we played bad and anyone who is looking to the officials to blame is clutching at straws.we got what our performance deserved last night :anguish: .and now need to move on to the rest of the season

We played poor last night our big players didn't step up and play, but we should have been a goal ahead after wallaces header went over the line as everyone seen, in this day and age that should not be happening in a game of this stature ? And were was the linesman when the ball was crossed over to wallace, if he had been in his proper position he would have giving the goal but not just last night the first old firm game of the season big Lafferty scored to either make it 2-2 or 3-2 to us and the linesman couldn't get his flag up quick enough to deny us a perfectly legit goal. Two massive games and two massive goals not giving, surely we must come out and question these decisions ? Also charlie mulgrew and adam matthews dives in the game will they both receive the same punishment as Aluko got ? Doubt it very much with liewell in the sfa!

seems like youre clutching at straws, they had a wrong offside awarded against them that would have left hooper one on one with shagger and i wont even mention healys challenge near the end, but i do take youre point on wallaces "goal" though, technology should be introduced for goal lines.

also the fact that we were fuckin rank didnt do us any favours!

I'm not saying that we played well, we were awful our captain and jelavic who we looked to weren't interested, and jelavic only wants to score over head kicks, but the linesman should be along the line and he would have noticed, I don't think he didn't want to give it but he wasn't standing were he should have been

The referee had a good game last night. To be honest he should have sent Healy off and let him off with a booking. There was no way the linesman could have seen that the ball was over the line. Aluko was standing right in front of him.

The fact we struggle to put 2 passes together and create chances worries me more than referees.

Cant see the point in blaming Willie Collum for our turgid performance.We can argue 1 or 2 decisions but asking him or the linesman to get the Wallace goal call correct is just daft.Lampard had a much clearer goal against Germany in the WC and didnt get it and without goal line technology the Refs are never going to get it 100% correct.We got lucky with the Healy yellow card cause in my book that was a stonewaller red.

ref and assistants had a good game, never knew anything about ball crossing line until replays, linesman was correctly positioned but had players blocking his view. Overall a good game for the officals and in all honesty i think a ref dont matter if the team is good enough

We need to buck up our ideas and fast

No point in blaming the ref or linesman when our performances of late have been substandard if we could string up a few passes mabye we wouldn't need to worry about the officials getting decisions wrong

Thought he was petty as hell at points. Fairly innocuous challenges were given as fouls, and it just broke the game up. Thought he started well, after not showing Papac a yellow. Realised that there were going to be strong tackles for the rest of the game, let him off with a warning. Ridiculous decision to give a free kick to Celtic, think it was Aluko's tackle. Clearly won the ball, foul given. Jelavic was absolutely snapped by Kayal, but like Aluko, took the ball as well. Play on.

Weren't given much last night, but I won't hold them responsible for us losing. I thought Wallace's header had hit the post at first, so it would have been near impossible for the linesman to call it.