Ally got it spot on, let's hear it for the man!

Colinstein72

Much more like it, ally should have seen what was needed earlier but better late than never. We have to continue with this style of play and without mcculloch and whittaker. Ally cannot afford to revert back to type.

FFS, are you saying that Lafferty's injury was the turning point??? Shocking statement about our manager's ability.

Would it have happened if Lafferty hadn't got injured?

Not sure it would. A large portion of our on the floor play came through Fleck who Ally is trying to punt on loan.

Amazing it sticks in the craw of some rangers fans when our manager does a good job.....

I'm delighted we won today and at the football we played. We should be doing it every game.

It's a genuine point, was it because Ally finally got it right or because he got lucky with Laff getting injured and Fleck being the only real sub for that role (and Fleck having a stormer).

For game after game it's been obvious that we needed to play at a faster tempo, and get forward rather than fucking about in the middle of the park.

How it took us falling behind in the title race for us to finally start playing like that, I'll never know.

However, if Ally keeps them playing like that, then at least we're getting somewhere.

FFS, are you saying that Lafferty's injury was the turning point??? Shocking statement about our manager's ability.

And I wouldn't say it was the turning point as we we're only 8 minutes in, but Fleck was instrumental in most of the good things we did today.

Ally had him on the bench and is trying to punt him on loan.

Well done for todays game, but ill give him credit when we get back on top of the table, and especially when we finish there. His tactics ruined a huge advantage, which is unacceptable. So its up to him to realise what we all know(that we are better playing attacking football) and i cant wait to see his tactics on the next few games. 16 more games to go, i think if we win at least 13 that should be enough, but now is the time to see if he has it in him. Good luck.

I didn't see much evidence of the long ball today despite the criticism on here. I did say we should drop a big star, we did and the message got through. The fight back is already underway.

It was a good performance today, one questionable move from the manager but at a point where the game had been put to bed so not the biggest problem. That said I doubt the dropping of a big star was really a footballing choice, either it was to ensure Jelavic doesn't get injured or he's already on a flight somewhere to talk terms.

To be honest, when Lafferty got injured and Fleck went on the players were still attempting the high ball in the direction of Wallace...

Certainly it looks like the decision was made around the 20minute mark to abandon the high ball.

Was refreshing and entertaining to see us play some football on the deck and some of the one touch passing was fantastic to see :)

Say what you want about Ally getting it spot on but the quote tells you all you need to know

"When Kyle Lafferty went off it forced us to play the ball on the deck and I felt we did that very well." official site.

So if Kyle had stayed on the park we may have continued to hoof it up the park...

Hopefully today showed that we should be trying to play the ball on the deck as the players are much more suited to that type of game!

When we allow ourselves to be we are a decent footballing side. Obviously Jelavic is a fantastic footballer but when we play him we are content to punt high balls up to him all day long and hope for the best. Mind you, he has been rubbish lately, I'd say it's a combination between the fact he seems to be happy being lazy and because he's not been able to play off an attacking midfield.

Fleck played very well today and I would have advocated him playing up front with big Jela but this seemingly won't be an option. Regardless, I hope Super saw it as well because if we give him a run of games in the right position we will reap the rewards. The manager deserves credit for adapting our style today and I hope he doesn't revert to a turgid long ball game in coming weeks.