The Jelavic money

Thermopylae

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All depends on the outcome, we might go down the route of panic signings like Novo, Boyd, or a loan signing but IMO that wont be until the end of the window. The way things are looking, were wanting to sell pretty early in this window to put some money in the bank.

Am i right in saying we aren't gonna get a verdict on the tax case until May? In which case, obviously we aren't gonna blow millions but we have to remain competitive on the pitch. Would say that Boyd + a loan signing or a relatively cheap player would be what we'd go for. Let's hope they are of the Boca/Goian bracket rather than the Bedoya/Ortiz level of quality (so far, at least).

Would prefer us to sell early and have time to look for targets

I think Novo and Boyd will end up back, Jela's wages would maybe cover both of theirs, not to mention I think there'll be more than one exit this season.

I hope we get a wee surprise though and a fringe striker from a prem team, or likewise quality, comes along.

boyd /sandaza the cheap option ? novo not a 90 minute man.

Am i right in saying we aren't gonna get a verdict on the tax case until May? In which case, obviously we aren't gonna blow millions but we have to remain competitive on the pitch. Would say that Boyd + a loan signing or a relatively cheap player would be what we'd go for. Let's hope they are of the Boca/Goian bracket rather than the Bedoya/Ortiz level of quality (so far, at least).

Would prefer us to sell early and have time to look for targets

I'm sure were in court this month, January 16th was touted not that long ago.

Depends on how Rangers as a business see it going, rather than a football club. Is it better to sell now and get a good price. Keep the money and if we win, we have funds to rebuild with a clean slate. Or is it better to keep our major assets and run the risk of losing, then getting a much lower market value for the same players.

It's a difficult situation we are facing, some major decisions will have to be made.

I'm sure were in court this month, January 16th was touted not that long ago.

Depends on how Rangers as a business see it going, rather than a football club. Is it better to sell now and get a good price. Keep the money and if we win, we have funds to rebuild with a clean slate. Or is it better to keep our major assets and run the risk of losing, then getting a much lower market value for the same players.

It's a difficult situation we are facing, some major decisions will have to be made.

I dont know the ins and outs but i'm sure I read that it was something like 8/10 weeks for the verdict after the actual case is concluded, hence my thought that a verdict wouldn't be reached til April/May

But is the rest of the money being moved off shore? I don't see any point in banking it here because it will presumably just disappear if the tax case goes against us

The money wouldn't disappear, it would go to Mr.Whyte since he is the only secured creditor ?

On topic - think we would get a bit more than 10%. I don't even listen to the radio or anything anymore, they talk so much shit it's unbelievable.

I dont know the ins and outs but i'm sure I read that it was something like 8/10 weeks for the verdict after the actual case is concluded, hence my thought that a verdict wouldn't be reached til April/May

Craig Whyte wants this full thing cleared up as soon as possible, depending on himself, and his legal teams advice. This could even be settled out of court even before the first stage this month. Us letting this drag on through the courts or appealing a decision. Really doesn't help our cause. As it keeps us in a limbo setting.

I hope I'm wrong, but. I think the reason why were looking at selling at the start of the window. Is to build up funds to settle out of court. Which will mean no direct transfer funds handed to Ally McCoist. I think we'll take the hit of losing a few main players, and take our chances at the league without them.

The banks have nowt tae dae wae it whyte cleard the debt to them when he took over at rangers

I hope you're right, really do. I just can't see it, I can see the bank eating the hand of whoever offers a couple million and us being left with a bare bones squad, or having to find a replacement on a shoestring budget. :disappointment: