Masterstroke or final throw of the die

Eastcoast Al

No one can say the team did not perform today, but what was the motivater in all this? Management, talent, squad size, tactics, fans, self respect, referees, SFA, a combination of all or none of the above.

I have heard Everything used to excuse failure and have came to one conclusion, performance! no disgrace in the better team winning as long as we gave our best. This may not be the best but it is a start.

In my eyes our performances have been a bigger problem to most Rangers fans than the fact we lost top spot.

Obviously nobody wants they shower of bastards sittin above us but I would have been less unhappy if were in that position from playing well and losing/drawing than droppin points the way we have been.

Plus never forget they have a history of letting there arses fall off towards the end of the season but generally we always finish strongly. No doubt in my mind who will be celebrating come May :sherlock:

Eh, injuries. Nothing else. Unless of course you think Jig, Whitts and Jelavic would have been on the bench if available? 3 key players(to Ally) all missing through injury and the 3 players who have arguably been letting us down the most in the last month or so.

There's is no way it was a masterstroke. In fact this game reinforced my opinion that McCoist is out of his depth, as it is very clear it wasn't his preferred team yet it performed exceptionally better than what he wants on the pitch.

The question is, will he see the light or will he go back to his usual ways? If he learns from it, it may be the lesson he needed and could be his turning point.

Eh, injuries. Nothing else. Unless of course you think Jig, Whitts and Jelavic would have been on the bench if available? 3 key players(to Ally) all missing through injury and the 3 players who have arguably been letting us down the most in the last month or so.

Which three players are most likely to fail to control a ball on evidence of last month or so?

No coincidence we controlled the game in their (enforced??) absences.

To misquote Napoleon are we better to have a lucky manager than a brilliant one?

2 players injured. Theres nothing wrong with Jelavic i have heard anyway. And the Ra sellick game was his last.

Which three players are most likely to fail to control a ball on evidence of last month or so?

No coincidence we controlled the game in their (enforced??) absences.

To misquote Napoleon are we better to have a lucky manager than a brilliant one?

Passed the ball, looked energetic, looked hungry, comfortable on the ball, enjoying our game, loads of positives which ALL go out the window when Jigs name is on the team sheet and Whittaker misplaces his first pass or fails to control the ball properly.

I dont think we can call him either yet, we will know come May.

There's is no way it was a masterstroke. In fact this game reinforced my opinion that McCoist is out of his depth, as it is very clear it wasn't his preferred team yet it performed exceptionally better than what he wants on the pitch.

The question is, will he see the light or will he go back to his usual ways? If he learns from it, it may be the lesson he needed and could be his turning point.

He will go back to his usual ways.

2 players injured. Theres nothing wrong with Jelavic i have heard anyway. And the Ra sellick game was his last.

I know, Ally admitted as much earlier, he didnt want to play. Still 3 first teamers out. 3 let downs on recent performances. What a difference it makes.

I know, Ally admitted as much earlier, he didnt want to play. Still 3 first teamers out. 3 let downs on recent performances. What a difference it makes.

I would really love to know whether they were genuinely performing poorly, or executing the managers plans as requested.

I don't know the politics or personalities but for me it's backs against the wall. Ally has two choices in my book. Learn from today and have faith in the whole squad or look for new employment.

That is not saying I want Ally out, but if he does not learn from lessons it amounts to the same thing.

I don't know the politics or personalities but for me it's backs against the wall. Ally has two choices in my book. Learn from today and have faith in the whole squad or look for new employment.

That is not saying I want Ally out, but if he does not learn from lessons it amounts to the same thing.

I would really love to know whether they were genuinely performing poorly, or executing the managers plans as requested.

I personally think Whittaker and McCulloch are just not very good footballers. The pressure both put us under is immense. Jelavic chucked us in the summer, he hasnt kicked a ball since last season.

I personally think Whittaker and McCulloch are just not very good footballers. The pressure both put us under is immense. Jelavic chucked us in the summer, he hasnt kicked a ball since last season.

(tu)

Only thing I would say in his defence is he hasn't had the best service recently, last few games we have spent 90 minutes throwing high balls up to him and despite his size, he seems more comfy with build up along the floor.

But then again against him, there's been plenty of chances he should have put away when the service was good :lol:

Such a massive change in the guys whole demeanour on the pitch since last season. :mad:

(tu)

Only thing I would say in his defence is he hasn't had the best service recently, last few games we have spent 90 minutes throwing high balls up to him and despite his size, he seems more comfy with build up along the floor.

But then again against him, there's been plenty of chances he should have put away when the service was good :lol:

Such a massive change in the guys whole demeanour on the pitch since last season. :mad:

I was probably his biggest defender on here, and my problem was the lack of service too, but he done nothing to help out in recent times, his lax attitude and poor first touch were pissing me right off, i had enough.

The change has been frightening, we should have sold him right after our Euro exit.

I was probably his biggest defender on here, and my problem was the lack of service too, but he done nothing to help out in recent times, his lax attitude and poor first touch were pissing me right off, i had enough.

The change has been frightening, we should have sold him right after our Euro exit.

This is it, can only defend players up to a certain point until even you lose the rag with them.

Opening myself up to some criticism here but I was somewhat the same with Whittaker, after losing Hutton I felt like nobody else could fill in the marauding full back slot then Whittaker came. But his ability to get forward on runs hid the fact that for large portions of games he was a horrible defender, which is supposed to be the guys bread and butter.

Out of curiosity anyone know if he was converted to a right back?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, will it be taken on board?

I would like to think this is the first step forward, however, if it returns to the status quo I fear for the worst.

Even Ally can't ignore today's upturn.

Do not bet on that. Let's just wait and see.

Even Pele would get fed up of chasing his own heidies never mind Jelavic, class tactics aye right I would have said schoolboy tactics, but that would be unfair on schoolboys who gave up lumpin it years ago.