January sales?

nvager

Given our very clouded financial situation can anyone have a real clue as to what will happen in January?

Will the players we obviously need come in? (Striker(s))

Can we afford to add any players without off loading some?

Will anyone take our unwanted (by McCoist) players off our hands?

Are we headed for administration?

So many questions and Ally himself seems clueless as to what to expect from Whyte even in January?!

Looks like anything may happen but let's hope it is all good news.

Pretty much what others have said. We will most likely lose Jelavic in the coming week, what fraction of that sale Ally will get is unknown.The tax case is obviously a huge deciding factor, dependent on how much we have to pay (if anything :cool: ) then that will surely have a huge effect on our ability to make moves/spend money in January. Until these issues are cleared up then I don't think anyone can really make even an educated guess, because Ally himself said that he still had to sit down and discuss January plans with Craig Whyte.

Pretty much what others have said. We will most likely lose Jelavic in the coming week, what fraction of that sale Ally will get is unknown.The tax case is obviously a huge deciding factor, dependent on how much we have to pay (if anything :cool: ) then that will surely have a huge effect on our ability to make moves/spend money in January. Until these issues are cleared up then I don't think anyone can really make even an educated guess, because Ally himself said that he still had to sit down and discuss January plans with Craig Whyte.

That should have been done but i think we were expecting to find out about the tax case in November/December. Maybe thats why there just starting to talk about it?

That should have been done but i think we were expecting to find out about the tax case in November/December. Maybe thats why there just starting to talk about it?

Agree, we need to be ready to do some quick business this period if the opportunities present themselves. The window in January is very short so we can't afford to fanny about like we did in the summer, I too am surprised that the transfer policy for this window was not at least roughly set out before going it opened.

We are fairly lucky I suppose in that we have Arbroath at the weekend, so we have a decent gap before our next league game. As well as Healy played today, I don't really fancy the idea of him being our only fit striker for a trip to Perth.

We will find out on the 16th about the tax case. If we were going into administration we would have heard about this long ago.

We will have to pay something towards the tax case but it will be no where near 50 mill.

Interesting answer. Is the 16th a certain date?

Surely we may have a hint then on the outcome before then?

Does not leave much time to do anything after that. Not considering the time it took us to negotiate deals in the Summer.