Sam McMahon

scottyboyblue

From the Doncaster website...

Powerful teenage striker Sam McMahon has joined the club on a short term professional contract from Glasgow Rangers subject to permission from FIFA and international clearance.

The 6ft 2in tall 17-year-old has been signed with an eye to the future and Rovers have the option to extend his contract if he makes an impact between now and the end of the season.

McMahon will play with the youth team and will also have the opportunity to train and play with the first team squad in practice matches.

The Salford born teenager has played for the Under 17s and Under 19s teams while at Rangers and has a good goalscoring record for both sides.

Youth team manager Paul Wilson said: "Sam is a strong, hardworking and aggressive striker and we are pleased to have him on board."

McMahon's signing has been assisted by the Rovers Alliance - a special members club that raises funds for the youth system.

He is only a young guy right enough, i think he may be Northern Irish, not 100% suer though, but he has been doing ok in the under 19/reserve games, i just seen about the loan on SSN there, i'm not saying he's ready for our first team, i don't know enough about him, but i just thought when i saw he was away, i thought it strange