Ally: We Don't Need To Sell To Buy

Broxi

Rangers manager Ally McCoist claims he has not been told by owner Craig Whyte to offload players before he can strengthen his squad this month.

The Ibrox boss is keen to make use of the January window to bolster his resources, with attacking options even more of a priority now that Kyle Lafferty has been sidelined for around seven weeks through injury.

McCoist has held talks with the chairman and says Whyte is in agreement that new players must be recruited over the next few weeks. He said: "I sat down and had a good chat with Craig. He is of the same opinion as myself. There has not been an exact figure in terms of how much cash we have to spend or what we need to do."

He added: "But I would reassure you that he is as keen to bring players in - especially in the forward areas - as I am. Any activity you would rather have sooner rather than later but I can't control that.

"We do have players we have targeted and will hopefully move for but in terms of a timescale I can't give you one unfortunately. I've had a couple of meetings with Craig and he did not say to me that we needed to get players out to get players in.

"Like any business, that would probably be his perfect solution but he didn't say that to me and he is as aware as I am that we need to be strengthened."

McCoist has been linked with two former Rangers strikers, Nacho Novo and Kris Boyd, but insists no moves have been made to bring either back to Ibrox so far.

He said: "We haven't put any bid in for Nacho and we haven't spoken to his agent or spoken to Nacho and that's where we are at the moment.

"Boydy had a fantastic and phenomenal goalscoring record here, a fantastic period here. He is the same as Nacho. We haven't made any bid at all.

"It would be unfair to do anything until we spoke to the lad himself or his agent. I'm not in a position to rule anybody in but I certainly wouldn't rule anything out at all for anybody."

as usual , quite a contradiction.....''not in a position to rule anyone in'' what does that even mean???? He says he doesn't need to sell...as far as hes aware....hes had meetings with Whyte and doesnt know how much he has to spend????/ very , VERY odd. <cr>

It would be unfair to do anything until we spoke to the lad himself or his agent. I'm not in a position to rule anybody in but I certainly wouldn't rule anything out at all for anybody."

Ally sounding like the parody character of Dalglish "Mebbes Aye, Mebbes Naw" <cr>

Good stuff however everything transfer related should not be followed with

• We are aware of the player but will not be making a bid
  • We have not spoken to the player
  • We have not spoken to the players agent
  • We have not spoken to the players club
  • We have not made a bid blah blah

Targets should be sounded out well before the transfer window opens... We should be making bids for the good but cheap players NOW before they have signed for other clubs for fucksake Rangers have we not learned our lessons from the summer!!!!??

• The boy Scott Allan.. Make a fucking offer to the boy!!!
  • Templeton of Hearts.. make an offer to Hearts they are skint!!!
  • Murphy at Motherwell.. Speak to the club, ask them what they want!!!
  • Johnny Hayes at ICT.. Same as above!!
  • Boyd.. as him if he wants back, offer him a pittance!!
  • Get some premiership players in on loan before other clubs snap em up, speak to Redknapp, Fergie, Wenger !!

We need a striker, two if Jela goes.. Come on Ally... Mr Smith, Mr Whyte.. What are you doing??????????

/End rant

then why the fuck has Whyte said we would?

Can these 2 come up with a straightforward answer between them?

Think back to that shit Only an Excuse at Hogmanay.....when dick dung was drooling how how was going onto a meeting with Craig Whyte and comes out 3 hours later and says Three hour one to one with Craig, can anyon tell me what he was saying.

Think that sums it up sad.gif

An interview full of bluster with no substance and as vague and as contradictory as everything else we here from him.

He is going to be known for and mocked for this line for years to come -

"I'm not in a position to rule anybody in but I certainly wouldn't rule anything out at all for anybody" :sleep1:

An interview full of bluster with no substance and as vague and as contradictory as everything else we here from him.

"I'm not in a position to rule anybody in but I certainly wouldn't rule anything out at all for anybody" :sleep1:

No he won't ya rocket :lol:. What's wrong with everybody, people just need to chill out ffs.

Don't geez yer shite, McCoist's had more experience in media than any other Rangers manager beforehand.

What he's doing, is basically telling us that he doesn't know. Which would make sense, considering it's Gordon Smith that's dealing with this now.

No he won't ya rocket :lol:. What's wrong with everybody, people just need to chill out ffs.

Don't geez yer shite, McCoist's had more experience in media than any other Rangers manager beforehand.What he's doing, is basically telling us that he doesn't know. Which would make sense, considering it's Gordon Smith that's dealing with this now.

:lol: Friday night bevvy night for the unders.

Buzz, Ally aint working in the mhedia no more, this aint Question of Sport ffs, one liners and jokes are not welcome when fans want the truth and answers. He is the figurehead for the countries biggest football club, his interviews are embarrassing and thats some roundabout way for saying, "i dont know" :lol: Get your tongue out his arse.

(tu)

:lol: Friday night bevvy night for the unders.

Buzz, Ally aint working in the mhedia no more, this aint Question of Sport ffs, one liners and jokes are not welcome when fans want the truth and answers. He is the figurehead for the countries biggest football club, his interviews are embarrassing and thats some roundabout way for saying, "i dont know" :lol: Get your tongue out his arse.

(tu)

I feel it's an under-used and appropriate phrase :P

To you and many others: Don't worry, be happy :)

Especially when it's about something so stupid as this :lol: