Rangers 35 man squad.

I don't want us adding on top of that, I want a majority of the kids who will never make it moved on plus the like's of McCulloch, Broadfoot, Ortiz and the rest who have had there day or won't make it, shipped out so then we can aim to have a reasonably small squad that is full of quality rather than just full of quantity.

Common sense mate, spot on every word. (tu)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats alot of pish, verging on deluded actually. talk about makign up shit to suit yourself. Jesus. Hutton, Little, Perry, Cole and Hemmings have all played for the first team and are on the fringes of things, a few have even got Champions League experience. They are not youth players in any meaning of the word.

You call the players in italics "numbers", i call them a drain on our limired resources, passengers in fact! We cant afford players like that.

Then you name 4 first team regulars, who are well in the gaffers plans, the majority and their opinion doesnt count. So its not 19, not even close, its 35 FACT.

15? :lol:You cant just ignore 20 players because you dont like them, the FACT remains they are ALL combined costing us a fortune!

That bold line is the biggest load of shite i have read on here, absolutely deluded. The big tax case has not cost us a penny yet. The whole squad we are carrying is the very reason Mr Whyte has told everyone we need to cut costs. The huge squad we are carrying we cannot afford, FACT.

"We need more players" is a cry for help, a desperate throwing out the pram of dummies and a phrase which proves you simply cannot comprehend the situation we find ourselves in. Its pretty sad but you are not alone. We cannot afford more players. Just how many tools does the boss need to win such a mediocre league?

(tu)

You always overreact on everything.

I certainly wouldnt say any of them are close to the current first team, Perry is probably the closest and he has only made 5 appearances this season and players like Hutton and Little havent even made one. Well they are young players, maybe not youth as in playing for the under 19s but they are our young players in the squad.

And read the fucking post, "its about strength in depth" then listing why we dont have that and why you can hardly call this a big squad. Its a normal sized squad with a TON of young players and mediocre players who just make up the numbers and don't get a game. I was listing the players who we regularly call upon and you have about 18 there, im not ignoring any players because I don't like them.

No its not, you're overreacting again. Well we are not going to start spending cash when we could be liable for a huge tax bill and we have a decent amount of debt im sure(around 10-15million). Its a squad built on European Football over the past few years were it has been guaranteed so a year without it is obviously going to mean cuts because of how much we rely on playing in Europe.

You go on as if its a massive squad with loads of players on big wages and a squad we should easily be winning the League with. Its a squad severely lacking in quality with many players such as Broadfoot, Ortiz, McCulloch and Whittaker who arent good enough and its obvious we need to improve. Its not an opinion its a fact that this squad is not great and certainly not got a lot of depth to it and we should be bringing in players and shifting out some of the deadwood.

I get some of your points tho, players like McCulloch and Ortiz are a waste of a wage and it could go to far better use. Its costing us money which we simply cant afford.

basically what we are saying is get rid of the U19's, get rid of fringe players to free up wages? who will push the first team players for a place in the squad? Kerkar? seriously have doubts about the first post on this thread. people like scott gallagher who are there as a Murray park developed player and learning from McGregor and Alexander should get better in time. not enough patience in football in allowing the younger players to develop and we can see who's that caused us over the years!

basically what we are saying is get rid of the U19's, get rid of fringe players to free up wages? who will push the first team players for a place in the squad? Kerkar? seriously have doubts about the first post on this thread. people like scott gallagher who are there as a Murray park developed player and learning from McGregor and Alexander should get better in time. not enough patience in football in allowing the younger players to develop and we can see who's that caused us over the years!

I think what many of us are alluding to is a trimming down of the 1st team squad which will focus more on quality rather than quantity. I think it is fair to say there are quite a few players in that list of names who could quite easily be released or sold and it wouldn't make the slightest impact on our performances. So my view is if you got rid of about 10 to 12 of them and brought in 3 maybe 4 quality replacements it would enhance the team and cut our costs at the same time.

I think what many of us are alluding to is a trimming down of the 1st team squad which will focus more on quality rather than quantity. I think it is fair to say there are quite a few players in that list of names who could quite easily be released or sold and it wouldn't make the slightest impact on our performances. So my view is if you got rid of about 10 to 12 of them and brought in 3 maybe 4 quality replacements it would enhance the team and cut our costs at the same time.

Exactly. (tu)

You always overreact on everything.

I certainly wouldnt say any of them are close to the current first team, Perry is probably the closest and he has only made 5 appearances this season and players like Hutton and Little havent even made one. Well they are young players, maybe not youth as in playing for the under 19s but they are our young players in the squad.

And read the fucking post, "its about strength in depth" then listing why we dont have that and why you can hardly call this a big squad. Its a normal sized squad with a TON of young players and mediocre players who just make up the numbers and don't get a game. I was listing the players who we regularly call upon and you have about 18 there, im not ignoring any players because I don't like them.

No its not, you're overreacting again. Well we are not going to start spending cash when we could be liable for a huge tax bill and we have a decent amount of debt im sure(around 10-15million). Its a squad built on European Football over the past few years were it has been guaranteed so a year without it is obviously going to mean cuts because of how much we rely on playing in Europe.

You go on as if its a massive squad with loads of players on big wages and a squad we should easily be winning the League with. Its a squad severely lacking in quality with many players such as Broadfoot, Ortiz, McCulloch and Whittaker who arent good enough and its obvious we need to improve. Its not an opinion its a fact that this squad is not great and certainly not got a lot of depth to it and we should be bringing in players and shifting out some of the deadwood.

I get some of your points tho, players like McCulloch and Ortiz are a waste of a wage and it could go to far better use. Its costing us money which we simply cant afford.

Nonsense.

Thats better.

I had to read it more than once because i could not believe it. (tu) We cannot have strength in depth when we have so many numbers.

"Its a normal sized squad with a TON of young players and mediocre players who just make up the numbers and don't get a game." - This sentence negates the one which follows it. Whilst it is factually wrong, we dont have a ton of young players and 35 is not a normal squad size, we do have plenty mediocre players and more than a few who dont get a game. Thats the whole point of this thread. (tu) Despite these shitey players and those who dont play, we still need to pay them and they are still a drain on our resources. They players are the very reason we cannot improve the team.

Paul, we are not going to start spending cash because we dont have any regardless of any tax case. When we dont play in Europe, we dont have any money, its an easy conclusion to come to and its not hard to understand. Nothing to do with tax cases or anything else, its as a direct result of European eilimination. Any amount of debt means money going out of the club when it should be being spent on the club. Of course the squad is lacking quality, again, the very reason for this thread. Who signed those players and who gave them contract extensions? You think Ally doesnt rate them or doesnt want them? Really? The squad has plenty depth, plenty, just not enough quality, which sadly we cant do anything about, yet.

Your last sentence proves at least you understand the point to an extent but still maybe refuse to accept or believe it fully.