Cole

K Naismith

B Currie

McCulloch

Whittaker

Broadfoot

K Hutton

Little

Thats why we have no money. Thats why we need to sell before we buy. Thats why we are shopping bargain basement.

4 goalkeepers

13 who can play in defence

19 who can or have played in midfield

7 who can or have played up front.

(Taking into account some players can or have played more than one position)

We dont have a reserve league anymore, imo any player who is not eligible for the under 19 team must be classed as a first team player now.

So..............who is first to leave then and who will follow?

(Apologies if i have left any players out.)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that bothers me is the amount of injured players we have in one position right now, up front.

So long as we keep Jela and Healy stays fit though, I won't moan.

We only have 7 options for up front from that 34 mate.

1 gets played in midfield anyway and is injured long term, Naismith.

1 is always injured and cannot be relied upon, Lafferty.

1 wants to leave, i dont care what anyone says, Jelavic.

1 is a kid who is always injured, Hemmings.

1 is a kid who it seems it not ready yet and has been loaned out again, K Naismith.

1 is David Healy, who again, cannot be relied upon and has only recently been given a game due to us having no other option.

1 is Andy Little who is simply not good enough.

That 7 that can easily be seen as 0.

We only have 6 options for up front from that 34 mate.

1 gets played in midfield anyway and is injured long term, Naismith.

1 is always injured and cannot be relied upon, Lafferty.

1 wants to leave, i dont care what anyone says, Jelavic.

1 is a kid who is always injured, Hemmings.

1 is a kid who it seems it not ready yet and has been loaned out again, K Naismith.

1 is David Healy, who again, cannot be relied upon and has only recently been given a game due to us having no other option.

That 6, can easily be seen as 0.

Spot on. That's my only worry, we're pretty strong in every other area for a bit of a change, try offload some fringe players, bring in at least one striker, I'll be happy.

Naismith has very rarely actually played as fully fledged striker for us and Kai Naismith is nowhere near the first team. If you include Hemmings who as you say is injured about as often as Lafferty and is still totally unproven, that leaves us still with just 4 strikers at the club.

I honestly believe you could axe 7-8 players from that list, replace them with 1 bit of reasonable attacking quality, (I don't expect or mean a Laudrup btw) and we would have actually improved our squad.

Naismith has very rarely actually played as fully fledged striker for us and Kai Naismith is nowhere near the first team. If you include Hemmings who as you say is injured about as often as Lafferty and is still totally unproven, that leaves us still with just 4 strikers at the club.

I honestly believe you could axe 7-8 players from that list, replace them with 1 bit of reasonable attacking quality, (I don't expect or mean a Laudrup btw) and we would have actually improved our squad.

And hopefully our finances (tu)

And yet so many of those players have hardly had any game time, who would buy them? For all they know they cannot even kick a ball anymore. Surprise surprise, everyone wants one of the few that actually get on the field.

How did that happen though? You cannot select a different squad each week. It happened when so many were signed and then not utilised. It happened recently and I hope it does not happen again, a few < 500k transfers that are "squad players" giving us nothing is a waste.

McGregor - keep no matter what

Goian - at least 1 or 2 more good years in him

Alexander - missing something, would like a better number 2

Papac - god bless him, i will be sad to see him go at seasons end

S Naismith - need him so badly

Bocanegra - future captain

Edu - best defensive mid we have

Davis - best mid we have

Jelavic -cash cow

Fleck - don't think he will ever fufill his potential

Lafferty - able bench/back up

Wallace- can see him being with us for years

Aluko - hope we keep him

Bartley - he isnt ours

Wylde - we can get better i hope, will do for now

Ortiz - waste of a wage it seems

McKay - would be as well going home, but i would like to see him get a run at some point

Bedoya - could do without him

Healy - need him right now, has to be better available

McMillan - cant see what everyone raves about, will have to watch him more if he is ever played

Weir- waste of a wage ( this year)

Ness - one for he future

Kerkar - he is porbably on pennie, have no issues with him being here as back up to the back up

Gallacher - who? goalkeeper? no where near the squad, not needed

Perry - not needed

Hemmings - he might come good if he can stay injury free

McCabe - we need some youth

Cole - see mcabe

K Naismith - see cole

B Currie - honestly no idea who he is

McCulloch - get rid ASAP

Whittaker - hopefully shows why we extended his conract soon, if not get rid

Broadfoot - the man cant even cook a fkn egg, but tbh he is an able back up

K Hutton - more youth

Thats why we have no money. Thats why we need to sell before we buy. Thats why we are shopping bargain basement.

4 goalkeepers

12 who can play in defence

6 who can or have played up front.

We dont have a reserve league anymore, imo any player who is not eligible for the under 19 team must be classed as a first team player now.

my feelings have been added to the post, i think we are only wasting a few wages, the rest of the squad is either youth who are not high earners, or needed right now.

my feelings have been added to the post, i think we are only wasting a few wages, the rest of the squad is either youth who are not high earners, or needed right now.

Again, spot on.

Forgot all about the reserve league disappearing, we definitely need to let go of some of the players who aren't cutting it, to give us a chance to improve and add depth to the areas where it is needed.

Everyones wages add up mate, even the youngsters. We are at a stage where getting rid of a "few wages" is still not enough. We need more to go. This year, we actually need quite a considerable number off the wage bill.

May i ask how you think Rhys McCabes game is improving constantly sitting on the bench behind the likes of Lee McCulloch whos only contribution to the team is negative? This lad is supposed to have a huge future ahead yet isnt getting a sniff of first team action. Same can be asked of Ross Perry, Jordan McMillan, both of whom play second fiddle to a player who is not even ours.

Young players or not, if they are not playing and not contributing then they are no use to us. We need to either loan them out, give them a chance or let them go.

It could also be argued players over the age of 19 are no longer youths, they should be at a stage where they can bring something to the table.

Rhys McCabe looks a cracking player. I'd love to see him getting a loan deal at a decent level to someone who might actually give him First Team game time. If the Fleck thing to Blackpool isn't going to happen because of our shortage upfront, I'd love to see McCabe playing under somebody like Holloway.

Rhys McCabe looks a cracking player. I'd love to see him getting a loan deal at a decent level to someone who might actually give him First Team game time. If the Fleck thing to Blackpool isn't going to happen because of our shortage upfront, I'd love to see McCabe playing under somebody like Holloway.

(tu)

Rhys is going to be a cracker.

Unless we bring more young players into the first team and give them any kind of match experience, all they are is employed to play in training, which is a waste.

We cannot justify such a large squad if the team is only ever going to change due to injury.

If they are not playing because they are not good enough its time for them to leave.

Unless we bring more young players into the first team and give them any kind of match experience, all they are is employed to play in training, which is a waste.

We cannot justify such a large squad if the team is only ever going to change due to injury.

If they are not playing because they are not good enough its time for them to leave.

Spot on mate. (tu)

McGregor

Goian

Alexander

Papac -- Wants to leave

S Naismith--Out for season

Bocanegra

Edu

Davis --Hasn't kicked a baw since new contract

Jelavic--Looks like he's off

Fleck--Hasn't fulfilled potential

Lafferty--Out for 2 months

Wallace

Aluko

Bartley--Loan

Wylde

Ortiz--Pish

McKay--Ally doesn't rate

Bedoya--Pish

Healy--Bit part

McMillan

Weir--Never play unless forced to

Ness--Injured

Kerkar--not convinced

Gallacher

Perry

Hemmings--Injured

McCabe

Cole--on loan

K Naismith--On Loan

B Currie

McCulloch--Your having a laugh

Whittaker--Pish since new contract

Broadfoot--Pish

K Hutton--On Loan

Little-- on lOan

4 goalkeepers

13 who can play in defence

7 who can or have played up front.

(Apologies if i have left any players out.)

Doesn't leave a lot does it????

Alot of quality, maybe not, but a right good basis of a team is there, sadly we cannot do anything about it right now. We need playerS out now.

(tu)

He needs to stop playing cloggers like McCulloch,Broadfoot and to a lesser extent Sasa(whom i like).

McMillan is our best right back IMO

Wallace is our best left back IMO

In front of both should be Aluko and Wylde and we should attack teams instead of holding them.

We have a pretty good youth set up and players like Ness,McMillan,Perry,Wylde and Hutton have proved better than first team regulars on numerous occasions..But we continue with boring cloggers who offer little or nothing everytime yet Ally shoe horns them in.

Another example was Bendikson who was a very good attacking midfielder but would Ally drop McCulloch,Edu or a very underperforming Davis..No he continued with the same players and ta ta 14 point lead and hello 2 points behind.

He needs to stop playing cloggers like McCulloch,Broadfoot and to a lesser extent Sasa(whom i like).

McMillan is our best right back IMO

Wallace is our best left back IMO

In front of both should be Aluko and Wylde and we should attack teams instead of holding them.

We have a pretty good youth set up and players like Ness,McMillan,Perry,Wylde and Hutton have proved better than first team regulars on numerous occasions..But we continue with boring cloggers who offer little or nothing everytime yet Ally shoe horns them in.

Another example was Bendikson who was a very good attacking midfielder but would Ally drop McCulloch,Edu or a very underperforming Davis..No he continued with the same players and ta ta 14 point lead and hello 2 points behind.

Would play Sasa till the end of the season, can't imagine him staying on.

And after seeing how well we play with Aluko and Wallace on the wings I would stick with it, dont think Wylde is good enough personally.

We need a major clearout, and to bring in some quality, mostly in midfield and probably replacements in LB and RB, then we should be going after strikers.

dare i say this, but should we look across to the scum as a way to operate in the transfer market?

my thoughts are, giving the need to decrease the wage bill, that we need to look at going for "potential" in the transfer window, rather than experienced pros...

Take a glance at the celtic recruitment...they have brought in the likes of Ki,emilio,kayal,hooper,matthews all on minimal transfer fees and presumably minimal wages, and if paper talk is to be believed, they are all being touted by big clubs for big money, 4mill plus

my thoughts are that ally should be looking at first discarding the dead wood, those players that are not playing regularly (or we wish werent - kerkar/ortiz/broads/jig/weir/healy/little/alexander) then compliment what still is a fair experienced squad, with some up and comers or unknown quantities...

lets face it, our bread and butter is the SPL and we would still challenge without the aforementioned players in our squad, so by going out, sourcing younger alternatives on lower wages, that have potential, we keep the wages at a reasonable level, have a good mix of established and potential stars, and give ourselves an opportunity at being self sufficient and keep the club ticking over by selling on those "potentials"

We only need to look at similar clubs in Holland, Belgium etc who are doing a similar sort of thing with huge success