Future wages for Rangers players

pcbear

I read Jaagers wage demands are £3,500 per week, for a guy with a decent pedigree and 84 international caps it seems reasonable to me, i bet the Malmo players who dumped us out the cup are on similar money and Maribor a whole lot less, you still can get good players for decent dough if you do business in the right markets, i think the days of squad players at Ibrox on big money will be gradually phased out and the Jaager route(if he signs) may well be the template to follow.

The top players should still be paid their worth, Naismith at reported 14k a week is worth every penny, Whittaker on a whole lot more is not, trying to get the balance right is tough but it has to be done, there were plenty of clubs in the CL group stages with wage bills that i'd wager would be much much less than ours.

We have always over-paid our players in general, we see it as looking after our own when in reality it has been our downfall. Teams with much lower wage bills and budgets than ours have regularly taken points off us or knocked us out of cups, its just another example of "you dont get what you pay for" in football. What annoys me even more, is the sheer amount of wages we waste on players who dont offer us anything. We hemorrhage money like no one else. As a club, we have tremendous potential but we always seem to waste so much money, every year.

If we are run properly and managed correctly we dont need wage caps or limits, we just need to be sensible.

I can't believe Craig Whyte sanctioned Whittaker's wage.

I would have been happy to keep him, but his wage demands (if they are in the region we were reading about) should never have been met. If we could have got £1-2m for him, then we could have gone out and got just as good a player for half the price and much less in wages. In light of our current problems in signing players, it is every day looking like a worse decision.

I would have been happy to keep him, but his wage demands (if they are in the region we were reading about) should never have been met. If we could have got £1-2m for him, then we could have gone out and got just as good a player for half the price and much less in wages. In light of our current problems in signing players, it is every day looking like a worse decision.

The fact he is paid more than Naismith is simply laughable, let alone being the fourth highest paid player at the Club.

We could have two more Celik's on the wage bill for the amount Whittaker is over payed every week. It brings the whole thing into context when Jaager is asking for four or 5 times less than what he is apparently on. Need to get shot of him off the wage bill at the first available opportunity.