Ally's other opinion of the same match

StudsLonniegan

Rangers manager Ally McCoist believes an ongoing tax dispute rather than results on the park is more likely to plunge the club into crisis after they crashed out of the William Hill Scottish Cup to Dundee United.

The Scottish champions' only hope of silverware this season now depends on resurrecting their Clydesdale Bank Premier League title bid after falling a point behind leaders Celtic, who have a game in hand.

But as far as McCoist is concerned, the wait for a verdict in a tax tribunal with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) that could land the club with a bill of £49million remains the biggest problem.

Bad day at the office: Rangers' manager Ally McCoist watch their side crash out of the cup

Asked if the club is now in crisis, McCoist said: 'I think the crisis point comes with the tax case more than anything.

'That's the biggest problem that the club faces. I don't think there is any doubt about that.

'What we all need is clarification on what's happening so that we can move forward. The uncertainty regarding this tax issue is the biggest problem that we have.

'You could use the word 'crisis' in terms of the tax case, but we need to know one way or another where it stands and what we face so we can deal with it and move forward.'

McCoist was unable to replace top goalscorer Nikica Jelavic ahead of the transfer deadline, but could yet bolster his squad with free agents and expects to have the backing of owner Craig Whyte.

He said: 'I think if I went to Craig with a player that we could maybe bring in he would certainly have a look at it. We've got two or three targets.

'I haven't gone as far as the finances but I know two or three players that would be appealing to us.

Difficult times: Rangers captain Steven Davis leaves the field after defeat to Dundee United

'But I will not bring anybody in who I don't think can go into the team or better the squad. I don't think there is any point in that at all.'

Rangers' need for new players was highlighted when they ended today's fifth round tie with a front pairing of Salim Kerkar - who has never started a game - and Andrew Little, whose injury problems meant he had not featured for the club since October 2010.

McCoist added: 'We have injury problems in that department. Kyle Lafferty and Steven Naismith can both play there.

Taxing issue: Rangers chairman Craig Whyte is waiting to hear the outcome of a tax tribunal

'We're going with two not really recognised strikers for the last 15 or 20 minutes but that's where we are.

'I don't have any complaints about how the two lads went about it, I just felt we lacked a bit of quality to open up United today and that was a disappointing thing.'

Meanwhile, McCoist denied reports that Rangers were ready to sell Kyle Lafferty - who is sidelined with a torn hamstring - to an English club for £1.75million.

He said: 'To my knowledge that's absolute nonsense. We have been trying to re-sign Lafferty and offer him a new deal.

'That's my views on it and that's crystal clear. I know nothing about trying to sell Lafferty and I certainly don't know of any bids that came in. I told the player that this morning as well.'

Asked if a deal could have been struck without his knowledge, McCoist replied: 'I wouldn't have thought so, no.'

First-half goals from Gavin Gunning and Johnny Russell secured a comfortable victory for United, but McCoist is confident his players will bounce back.

Going behind: Dundee United's Gavin Gunning rises highest to score their first goal

He said: 'The players are fine. They just get the sleeves rolled up and get on with it. That's the only way we go.

'The players are disappointed but, come Monday morning, we'll get back into training and go ahead.

'This club has had problems in the past but it's determination and grit and a lot of qualities that we have in that dressing room that will see us through this.'

United boss Peter Houston backed McCoist to transform Rangers' fortunes but insists his side deserved credit for the win.

He said: 'We weren't concerned with what's going on at Rangers. Rangers have got a good squad of players.

'Coisty will turn it around. He's a fantastic manager and I think he's going to be a great manager long term for Rangers.

'I put today's result down to what we did, rather than what Rangers didn't do.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2096766/Rangers-Ally-McCoist-says-clubs-battle-HMRC-big-concern.html#ixzz1lX8WL7x8

Its true but not an excuse.

I was at a club where they were so short of money that wages were suspended for 2 months. The team went unbeaten for 10 games.

That takes character, something the players completely lacked today. The tax case shouldn't bother them one jot unless it means their wages stop.

They should just get on with it.

The problem has been here since that was discovered. That looming overhead most definitely does have an effect on everyone associated with the club.

Totally disagree. The players won't give a shit unless their wages aren't paid. And even then they just move on to another club.

It is an excuse, nothing more or less.

I'd suggest that problem's not here yet and he should be worrying more about our on field problem's.

That team we put out today, where it was impossible to say where the goals might come from, how did it get into that state? By selling off our best players because of our financial situation. It AFFECTS our on field performances.

Over paid, under performing, leaderless and clueless.

Second best squad in the league by far and we struggle most weeks. Now out of four competitions, with performances and team selections that were total shit.

What is the collective wage bill of DU? Less that whittakers salary!

How many youngsters did DU have out there today?

We kicked off looking disorganised, demoralised and disintegrated even further from there!

And FFS, don't make the excuse the loss of jela and all that's going on at the club! Look at Hearts, those poor cunts didn't even get paid and they are now pummelin the opposition. DU struggled for a startin eleven at the start of the season because of the financial shit that they are in.

A fucking disgrace.

Ally, the legend that you are we all appreciate, but maybe it's it's time to call it a day, because if this continues, your reputation will be in tatters and you will leave under a very dark cloud.

That team we put out today, where it was impossible to say where the goals might come from, how did it get into that state? By selling off our best players because of our financial situation. It AFFECTS our on field performances.

Well why didn't AFFECT us against Hibs last week. This isn't a new thing, its been over our head for years now, we have sold our best players for years. The team we had out today was good enough to beat all teams in this league. No excuses as far as I'm concerned.

Well why didn't AFFECT us against Hibs last week. This isn't a new thing, its been over our head for years now, we have sold our best players for years. The team we had out today was good enough to beat all teams in this league. No excuses as far as I'm concerned.

Last week against Hibs we weren't approaching the game with the transfer window slammed shut behind us, worse off than we were before. Last week against Hibs we didn't have the press stirring up rumours that our manager was going to quit. Last week against Hibs we were playing Hibs, who are diabolical, not Dundee Utd, who actually played very well today. If you don't think any of this is valid then ok, but I very fucking heartily disagree.

Disagree!

Look at Hearts, those poor cunts didn't even get paid and they are now pummelin the opposition.

DU struggled to get a startin eleven at the start of the season due to the financial shit they are in and now look at them.

Second best squad in the league by far and we struggle most weeks. Now out of four competitions, with performances and team selections that were total shit.

Mah pal, pussy whittaker gets paid more than the whole DU wage bill FFS! Who caused that?

How many youngsters did DU have out there today? Where are ours. Loaned out or freed. By Ally!!!!!

We kicked off today looking disorganised, demoralised and disintegrated even further from there!

Ally, the legend that he is and we all appreciate, but maybe it's it's time to call it a day, because if this continues, your reputation will be in tatters and you will leave under a very dark cloud.

A team with nine internationalists in it, one of whom rattled 3 against Spain, more than enough to see of a poor DU team won 2 of their last 9, somehow we failed maybe the lack of communication between Ally and particularly Durrant tells its own story.

A team with nine internationalists in it, one of whom rattled 3 against Spain, more than enough to see of a poor DU team won 2 of their last 9, somehow we failed maybe the lack of communication between Ally and particularly Durrant tells its own story.

Are you really using Healy's international exploits, what, six years ago to help make your point? He hasn't scored for his country in the last four years, and has NEVER been a goalscorer at club level.

"rattled 3 against Spain" :lol:

What is the collective wage bill of DU? Less that whittakers salary!

How many youngsters did DU have out there today?

We kicked off looking disorganised, demoralised and disintegrated even further from there!

And FFS, don't make the excuse the loss of jela and all that's going on at the club! Look at Hearts, those poor cunts didn't even get paid and they are now pummelin the opposition. DU struggled for a startin eleven at the start of the season because of the financial shit that they are in.

A fucking disgrace.

Ally, the legend that you are we all appreciate, but maybe it's it's time to call it a day, because if this continues, your reputation will be in tatters and you will leave under a very dark cloud.

is it allys useless formation or tactics or do the players just do what they want ? today no change in the formation just change in personell ps is mckay that bad he can`t make the bench :rolleyes: its gonna be a long end to the season :anguish:

Rangers manager Ally McCoist believes an ongoing tax dispute rather than results on the park is more likely to plunge the club into crisis after they crashed out of the William Hill Scottish Cup to Dundee United.

The Scottish champions' only hope of silverware this season now depends on resurrecting their Clydesdale Bank Premier League title bid after falling a point behind leaders Celtic, who have a game in hand.

But as far as McCoist is concerned, the wait for a verdict in a tax tribunal with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) that could land the club with a bill of £49million remains the biggest problem.

Bad day at the office: Rangers' manager Ally McCoist watch their side crash out of the cup

Asked if the club is now in crisis, McCoist said: 'I think the crisis point comes with the tax case more than anything.

'That's the biggest problem that the club faces. I don't think there is any doubt about that.

'What we all need is clarification on what's happening so that we can move forward. The uncertainty regarding this tax issue is the biggest problem that we have.

'You could use the word 'crisis' in terms of the tax case, but we need to know one way or another where it stands and what we face so we can deal with it and move forward.'

McCoist was unable to replace top goalscorer Nikica Jelavic ahead of the transfer deadline, but could yet bolster his squad with free agents and expects to have the backing of owner Craig Whyte.

He said: 'I think if I went to Craig with a player that we could maybe bring in he would certainly have a look at it. We've got two or three targets.

'I haven't gone as far as the finances but I know two or three players that would be appealing to us.

Difficult times: Rangers captain Steven Davis leaves the field after defeat to Dundee United

'But I will not bring anybody in who I don't think can go into the team or better the squad. I don't think there is any point in that at all.'

Rangers' need for new players was highlighted when they ended today's fifth round tie with a front pairing of Salim Kerkar - who has never started a game - and Andrew Little, whose injury problems meant he had not featured for the club since October 2010.

McCoist added: 'We have injury problems in that department. Kyle Lafferty and Steven Naismith can both play there.

Taxing issue: Rangers chairman Craig Whyte is waiting to hear the outcome of a tax tribunal

'We're going with two not really recognised strikers for the last 15 or 20 minutes but that's where we are.

'I don't have any complaints about how the two lads went about it, I just felt we lacked a bit of quality to open up United today and that was a disappointing thing.'

Meanwhile, McCoist denied reports that Rangers were ready to sell Kyle Lafferty - who is sidelined with a torn hamstring - to an English club for £1.75million.

He said: 'To my knowledge that's absolute nonsense. We have been trying to re-sign Lafferty and offer him a new deal.

'That's my views on it and that's crystal clear. I know nothing about trying to sell Lafferty and I certainly don't know of any bids that came in. I told the player that this morning as well.'

Asked if a deal could have been struck without his knowledge, McCoist replied: 'I wouldn't have thought so, no.'

First-half goals from Gavin Gunning and Johnny Russell secured a comfortable victory for United, but McCoist is confident his players will bounce back.

Going behind: Dundee United's Gavin Gunning rises highest to score their first goal

He said: 'The players are fine. They just get the sleeves rolled up and get on with it. That's the only way we go.

'The players are disappointed but, come Monday morning, we'll get back into training and go ahead.

'This club has had problems in the past but it's determination and grit and a lot of qualities that we have in that dressing room that will see us through this.'

United boss Peter Houston backed McCoist to transform Rangers' fortunes but insists his side deserved credit for the win.

He said: 'We weren't concerned with what's going on at Rangers. Rangers have got a good squad of players.

'Coisty will turn it around. He's a fantastic manager and I think he's going to be a great manager long term for Rangers.

'I put today's result down to what we did, rather than what Rangers didn't do.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1lX8WL7x8

So the tax issue is not a huge albatross around our necks? Interesting theory.

What some people are ignoring is,apart from the tax problem,the Mhedia have waged a psychological war against us second to none.Do we really expect that the Players are not aware of daily Mhedia reports? I would think many Players are depressed with the constant negativity and that shows in the performance.