AVB and his Chelsea project

AVB keeps banging on about having the backing of Abramovich for his 'Chelsea project.' Doesn't seem to be working so far. With the dressing room openly questioning his methods and strategy I think that fans will lose patience very quickly if he doesn't get run of results together sharpish. I still can't see what this project is or where it's headed. <cr>

The players in the dressing room questioning him will be the ones who are worried about their place at the club. The likes of Cole, Terry, I'd imagine.

Chelsea needed to bring in a manager with a long term plan of rebuilding the team, and if they aren't going to stick by AVB and give him a couple of summer transfer windows to build his own team then it was pointless bringing him in as manager.

I can see what he's trying to do.

It would work if the players could actually stop wanking off each others' egos as well. The problem is that the likes of Terry, Lampard, Cole and Cech aren't much younger than AVB and could easily be considered as more successful when you look at the trophy cabinet.

It's obviously hard for them to take orders from the manager, and that's why they need shipped out.

I can see what he's trying to do.

It would work if the players could actually stop wanking off each others' egos as well. The problem is that the likes of Terry, Lampard, Cole and Cech aren't much younger than AVB and could easily be considered as more successful when you look at the trophy cabinet.

It's obviously hard for them to take orders from the manager, and that's why they need shipped out.

Yes but for all the strategy and tactical nous that he supposedly has AVB needs to understand that he is the boss and that he needs to be able to dish out bollockings when it needs doing and get rid of those disruptive elements that have had their day...that's if he's allowed to.

Genuinely think theres no pressure on him atall this season and maybe next and can see what he's trying to do, rebuild the squad and change the style but i think he's done it wrong. he's got rid of fringe players but kept the spine of the team who wont fit a new style. imo he should of looked to shift terry, lampard etc first to allow him to be in control of the dressing room

Genuinely think theres no pressure on him atall this season and maybe next and can see what he's trying to do, rebuild the squad and change the style but i think he's done it wrong. he's got rid of fringe players but kept the spine of the team who wont fit a new style. imo he should of looked to shift terry, lampard etc first to allow him to be in control of the dressing room

The Chelsea support would have turned on him in a heartbeat.