Lets put things into perspective

Sheikh Salim

I'm not too good with words but I'll try some up my opnion anyway, for what it is worth.

From when Ally took over, we all knew he had a hard act to follow. The football under Walter Smith was at times boring but ultimately won us 3 leagues in a row. Under all the financial uncertainty and sniping from the media there was no better man than Walter to lead us there and weather the storm.

Ally, albeit having worked side by side with Walter, would have been one of these people sheltered by the brunt of things I am sure.

Now, he doesn't have that. This season has been unprecedented with regards to mhedia coverage of our issues. Venomous outpourings from all angles. This surely has to have taken a toll. This coupled with a maybe suspect chairman and you know we were always up against it.

Back to the football. Ally's team has been poor. He has made some shrewd signings yet persists to play some strange combinations, especially the left midfield Wallace/Papac combo. However we have seen glimpses that suggest he may just know a thing or two.

The referees this season? :anguish: If proof was ever needed that they are against us then today was it. Also when you look at the disciplinary stats for this season you will see this is black and white.

The SPL? Turning down our appeals for red cards/yellow cards/bans etc to be rescinded (see Aluko) where other teams get off with it. Daniel Cousin is another prime example.

For me, today wasn't so much about the football. It was about being proud to be a Ranger. I take off my hat to the 50000 or so fans that packed out Ibroz today and sang from start to finish. Take a bow chaps, you are the epitomy of what Rangers is all about.

This season to me is over. I do not do surrender, but the main priority at the moment is survival. I have been one of Ally's main critics but I want him and no one else at the helm at the moment.

When we surface from this sea of uncertainty and can directly take our enemies on, I believe that Ally will win us the league next season and many more. Walter's achievements in the face of adversity were nothing short of miracles. If we can afford Ally the same chance to put things right when this cloud has dissipated, I am convinced that Ally, the players, all of you and I will emerge stronger and better. All that is required is patience.

We are Rangers, Super Rangers, no one likes us, we don't care.

<cr>

No idea why you would think that given what we have seen from him this season. Great cheerleader, awful manager.

If we continue with this next season we are truly fucked. :anguish:

Maybe I am getting caught up in the romanticism of Ally's war cries but I would like to see how he copes in a season where he doesn't have all this other shit hanging over him and Rangers. Yes today was disappointing and do has the season as a whole but not many managers would work in the conditions he has had to. Most managers would have walked. The fact he hasn't means in our hour of need means to me he should at least have another season.

I'm not too good with words but I'll try some up my opnion anyway, for what it is worth.

From when Ally took over, we all knew he had a hard act to follow. The football under Walter Smith was at times boring but ultimately won us 3 leagues in a row. Under all the financial uncertainty and sniping from the media there was no better man than Walter to lead us there and weather the storm.

Ally, albeit having worked side by side with Walter, would have been one of these people sheltered by the brunt of things I am sure.

Now, he doesn't have that. This season has been unprecedented with regards to mhedia coverage of our issues. Venomous outpourings from all angles. This surely has to have taken a toll. This coupled with a maybe suspect chairman and you know we were always up against it.

Back to the football. Ally's team has been poor. He has made some shrewd signings yet persists to play some strange combinations, especially the left midfield Wallace/Papac combo. However we have seen glimpses that suggest he may just know a thing or two.

The referees this season? :anguish: If proof was ever needed that they are against us then today was it. Also when you look at the disciplinary stats for this season you will see this is black and white.

The SPL? Turning down our appeals for red cards/yellow cards/bans etc to be rescinded (see Aluko) where other teams get off with it. Daniel Cousin is another prime example.

For me, today wasn't so much about the football. It was about being proud to be a Ranger. I take off my hat to the 50000 or so fans that packed out Ibroz today and sang from start to finish. Take a bow chaps, you are the epitomy of what Rangers is all about.

This season to me is over. I do not do surrender, but the main priority at the moment is survival. I have been one of Ally's main critics but I want him and no one else at the helm at the moment.

When we surface from this sea of uncertainty and can directly take our enemies on, I believe that Ally will win us the league next season and many more. Walter's achievements in the face of adversity were nothing short of miracles. If we can afford Ally the same chance to put things right when this cloud has dissipated, I am convinced that Ally, the players, all of you and I will emerge stronger and better. All that is required is patience.

We are Rangers, Super Rangers, no one likes us, we don't care.

This is probably the most sensible post in this thread The Bears Den today. :clap:

Out of 4 competitions early doors and watched a 15 point league turn into a 4 point defecit. Add todays defeat and Celtics likely win tomorow and that would be 7 points behind even without the 10 point penalty. I've seen enough and would gladly see him, Edu, Davis, Healy, Papac, McCulloch all released tomorow and save the jobs of every tom dick and harry working for Rangers whos jobs are at stake.

We have few players playing for the shirt, we don't have a leader on the park someone who will kick arse and lead by example.

Because of the uncertanty over their future players are probably not giving 100% incase they might get injured and ruin their chance of finding another club

Ally's a hero but I don't believe he has the man management skills but he's all we have until we get sorted out, so until then he has my backing.

McCoist has a lot of work to do to make us an enjoyable team to watch again. Too many grafters or players out of position for that to be possible. He HAS to get the basics right next season- players in the right positions for one. Even though I'll be gutted to see Sasa leave, it at least gives a chance of playing a left midfielder out wide.

This is probably the most sensible post in this thread The Bears Den today. :clap:

Thanks. After being vocal of my criticism of Ally this season, this week has really shown me that perhaps these are the sort of conditions that all the Rangers staff have had to work under, from top to bottom. Very few managers would stop this from affecting the team. Ally does need to make changes to the team and their setup, That's why I am saying lets see what happens next season. Long term visions aren't accomplished in short timeframes.

Fair crack at the whip, I don't think so, a bit of perspective and perhaps understanding, this situation effects all, disappointed at today but there is nothing easy about this position.

I would rep this if I hadn't run out. This week has made me see things in a different light.

I would rep this if I hadn't run out. This week has made me see things in a different light.

I thought we understood the situation and it was not gonna be easy, the performance aside today we retort to the same old forgetting what actually is happening to everyone, not just fans but the players aswell.

There are some posters on here who I would throttle given the chance. I'm pissed off like many but it's massive, I hoped for better I really did on the park, I think people are effected big time with the situation hence where we are at.

I thought we understood the situation and it was not gonna be easy, the performance aside today we retort to the same old forgetting what actually is happening to everyone, not just fans but the players aswell.

There are some posters on here who I would throttle given the chance. I'm pissed off like many but it's massive, I hoped for better I really did on the park, I think people are effected big time with the situation hence where we are at.

(tu)