'Key witness' says we can still win the case

BlueThunder

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone came out and disputed whyte's claim's about HMRC?

Has anyone came out and backed up what Whyte said??

To be honest i was willing to give whyte time believing(or hoping) he had some grand plan and it was all part of a game he was playing with HMRC. But i stopped believing a word that mans says after the past week!!!

He lied about ticketus

He lied about investing at least £5m in the squad

He hid the fact about not paying PAYE and VAT

He made us and our manager look terrible with his ludicrous offer for Grant Holt

And im sure there are quite a few other things ive forgotten just now and i believe there is more to come out.

Pretty sure Whyte didn't say that, but I'm sure you'll find the quote...

Did Ticketus not say he hadn't borrowed money from them? :unsure:

Leaving Craig Whyte aside for the minute, Ticketus can dress it up however they want but what they do is lend money.

There will be legal reasons for them being careful with their language but they give out large sums of money to organisations then demand it back with "interest" at a later date. Its borrowing (tu)

Even if we win, HMRC, have made it quite clear that they intend to appeal again and again...

The saga needs to end.

I've only ever heard that said by Whyte

No one else has said it and I would be surprised if the ruling went against HMRC if they could/would throw further millions at the case in legal fees

No one else has said it and I would be surprised if the ruling went against HMRC if they could/would throw further millions at the case in legal fees

He's quite clearly using the fact that HMRC can't dispute what he's saying. Because their not allowed to.

It depends on what HMRC want out of the case

If they wish to recoup some funds then i agree with your last part, but if they are simply wishing to flex their muscles and show the bigger clubs that have apparently used them that they will simply not back down, then they may appeal until the cows come home

if this is true and we win the tax case, is it possible for Rangers to launch their own legal action against HRMC?

Since they began hounding us for this cash a couple of years ago, they have severly hindered us from making any progress. It's unbelievable we have won the title 3 in a row. The tax case has tied our hands behind our backs, hindered us from keeping players like Miller for a measely 500k, selling Jela for 5.5m, from offering competitive transfer fees & wages such as conway & goodwillie. And finally, the threat of it has put us into administration & killed our chances of winning the title with the point deduction.

If it transpires that we were never in the wrong with EBT's, and win the case just like Vodafone & BP, then HMRC have alot to answer for considering they crippled us and put us into our current state, and did so with no legal standing.

Think the term used is that we (ticketus) do not lend monye. But they purchased the rights for a % season tickets.

I've been wondering about that, and I'd be very surprised if it's a %age of the tickets rather than, say, the first 10,000 tickets per season. They're unlikely to say 25% of tickets, when that number could be anywhere from 0 to 10,000.

But yeah, I thought they bought X amount of season tickets at a reduced price. When the tickets are sold they get the face value.

I've been wondering about that, and I'd be very surprised if it's a %age of the tickets rather than, say, the first 10,000 tickets per season. They're unlikely to say 25% of tickets, when that number could be anywhere from 0 to 10,000.

But yeah, I thought they bought X amount of season tickets at a reduced price. When the tickets are sold they get the face value.

00000042.gif re % they would have taken an average of say last 5 years season ticket sales or as you say a set amount. This maybe conforms why liewell said he never uses them as they are always inflating the number of season ticket holders and they would get shafted re numbers uk.gif