'Key witness' says we can still win the case

BlueThunder

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

we will just have to wait in the outcome,but tell u what how anybody can listen to that cunt Darrell king is that what you call the dick salivating at the mouth with his scoops,fkn cunt of a man,Rangers supporter my arse,he is an attentioon seeker just like that brines today,they know when the media is on them,otherwise they would be as insignificant as me and you......

Not as simple as that - HMRC could (would) have appealed and we would have been faced with months or years of uncertainty. At least this way we can end it.

Any quotes from HMRC on that or just that bastion of truth which is Craig Whyte?

The administrators statement tonight would perhaps call the above into question.

Remember, its only Whyte that has said this and he has a huge history of telling porky pies to us all (tu)

Also surely an appeal can only be formed on legal grounds if there is a case for it?

Even if we win, HMRC, have made it quite clear that they intend to appeal again and again...

The saga needs to end.

Again they cant keep doing it, new evedince etc would need to be brought to the table. They wont be able to just keep going, if the appeal judges look at it they may never even get the chance to have their day in court

I posted this on a previous thread tonight but it is still relevant here.

At this point in time there has been no decision on EBTs in our case. In the event that HMRC actually wins the case RFC will be asked to pay tax which they had not paid at the time as they were advised that no tax was due. There is/was no criminality. It was not a devious ploy to evade tax. Everything was in the open, in the accounts and cleared annually by the accountants. At the moment the case is based on interpretation of the tax rules at the time. If it was crystal clear we would not be waiting on a 2 year old tax case result. Even if RFC is found to be liable (please note I do not mean guilty) for tax on the EBTs there will be no criminal charges. No one will have committed a crime in relation to EBTs. If we lose the case we will be due to pay whatever sum to HMRC. That may put us deeply in debt but since when has indebtedness been a crime? Man U are in debt, Liverpool are in debt, Barcelona are in debt. How many other clubs? There has been no deliberate attempt by RFC to defraud anyone (at least before Whyte) to help us win any trophies.

I will add that if HMRC was almost guaranteed to win, then the claim would not have lasted 2 years. They are also unlikely to have said that if they lose they will "appeal, appeal and appeal again". That sounds more like someone who is likely to lose the first round. We can but hope.

in my last employment i had the choice to use something similar to an ebt (umberla company, of shore ( jersey, i believe), not anywhere near the amount these guys where making. i would probably been earning £50 per month more but rejected as was worried when i get paid of social would do me. after getting paid off in nov 11 i was told i was lucky i was not in this scheme as i would not have got dole money due to this becoming an unfair way of being paid last year. now this was only decided it was unfair from last year (2011) so how and why can hmrc bring this back to 2001?

That made me laugh!!

50 quid a month? doh

:bullshit - Copy:

I think it will probably end up being a partial loss/win. Probably a bill in the region of £10-15m

That however, is based on nothing but my own feelings

Have always believed that myself, that we have used the scheme properly in some instances and bent the rules in others. Not as optimistic as yourself (£10-15M) - was thinking around £30-£35M. Again, like you, this is based on little more than a feeling.

One worrying thing I heard today was that the decision isn't expected until April, which is obviously after the euro deadline, so I'd imagine we'd stay in admin until then at least. Mind you, Darrell King said we could theoretically agree a maximum price with HMRC prior to the outcome. (I'm assuming this scenario means that we pay nothing if the case is won by us, or pay up to the amount we agreed if we lose). I'm not sure how this would affect us in terms of being able to leave administration before April though.

Sorry to be negative but the way we are playing we're unlikely to get a euro spot

EBTs are believed to have been run by around 5,000 businesses in the UK, including football clubs south of the Border. They became illegal in December 2010 but, until then, firms had been able to exploit the tax laws to provide sums to employees without PAYE or National Insurance as long as these were in the form of discretionary, repayable loans

So ebt bacame illegal in December 2010 , so cannot see hmrc being allowed to go back further than that if it was legal beforehand ffs.

I better start paying all they fines for throwing away my cigarette ends for before it became illegal <cr>

There are so many daft statements on here.

So why has there been such a big case and fuss been made about it?

They WERE perfectly legal, HMRC's allegation is we incorrectly administered the ebts, rendering them an illegally implemented ebt.