To RST or not to RST ?

Ace

rangers media generally did back d muir. with some exceptions. rangersmedia published articles backing him.

I dont agree gs - though accept those articles were published. From my many years on here however I have found that it is the quality of the articles rather than support for any given faction which determines whether an article is published.

What is most interesting is that I do not think either of the author of those articles are now active current members.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a fallacy.

As far as I can see this site publishes a range of articles from a range of authors. Some thought Muir was a positive, others think Lee McCulloch is a striker.

Neither means RM has a pro-Muir or pro-McCulloch attitude per se. I really don't know why people would generalise a whole site just because one or two people have said stuff in the past. It's nonsensical.

it was clearly the prevalent view point on here by some distance.

but it was just an extension of the whole ff v rm war.

but your right we do have a range of articles. as well as d muir is the saviour. we also have m bain is a cunt and aj the devil.

I notice darts article on muirs role in the whyte saga wasn't published on here.

the rm stance was clear at the time.

that said its water under the bridge and i really shouldn't have brought it up.

I dont agree gs - though accept those articles were published. From my many years on here however I have found that it is the quality of the articles rather than support for any given faction which determines whether an article is published.

What is most interesting is that I do not think either of the author of those articles are now active current members.

one is. unless he quit very recently. very very.

it was clearly the prevalent view point on here by some distance.

but it was just an extension of the whole ff v rm war.

but your right we do have a range of articles. as well as d muir is the saviour. we also have m bain is a cunt and aj the devil.

I notice darts article on muirs role in the whyte saga wasn't published on here.

the rm stance was clear at the time.

that said its water under the bridge and i really shouldn't have brought it up.

To be perfectly honest I can't remember all the ins and outs at the time.

What I do remember is that a few people had an opinion on the issue and decided to write about it. Some agreed with them, others didn't. As is the case with every single subject on this board.

Thus, to suggest this was a reflection on (again a few people arguing in the community) the whole forum's thoughts just isn't fair on the hundreds of members on this place.

Of course every site has its own article writers as well as more recognised opinion formers. Again though you can't generalise a site's opinion because of such a minority.

Our fans really have to move past inter community/fan group labels. We're all Rangers fans for goodness sake. Disagreement should be healthy - not used to beat each other years down the line.

What I do remember is that a few people had an opinion on the issue and decided to write about it. Some agreed with them, others didn't. As is the case with every single subject on this board.

Thus, to suggest this was a reflection on (again a few people arguing in the community) the whole forum's thoughts just isn't fair on the hundreds of members on this place.

Of course every site has its own article writers as well as more recognised opinion formers. Again though you can't generalise a site's opinion because of such a minority.

Our fans really have to move past inter community/fan group labels. We're all Rangers fans for goodness sake. Disagreement should be healthy - not used to beat each other years down the line.

still can't agree with the first part but very much agree with the second.

Ok, I made this thread and its time for me to comment again.

It was very interestign to read everyones point of view on this. I think that at the heart of it all, we would dearly love for the RST to become what it was designed to be, which is a focal point for all Rangers fans to join, have a huge membership and therefore have, by weight of numbers, a convincing say in all things Rangers.

However, I also note that from reading the many pages, it appears that this will never happen because there too many personality clashes, to much distrust of the current RST leadership and to many ego's that will anything to change.

I fear we will always remain a support divided by our beliefs ... to paraphrase the great Bart Simpson "Too many people looking at the little differences between us to actually SEE the BIG similarites that we share"

Shame really, we coulda been a contender !!

At least disagreement is tolerated on here

It would be sad indeed if the saverangers.com failed because of intransegince on RST part on who sets up the fund and where or politics between suppoters groups alleged to have rangers best interests at heart.

would it not be better for all groups to get together and pool resources and elect a new committe from the joint membership.

Ok, I made this thread and its time for me to comment again.

It was very interestign to read everyones point of view on this. I think that at the heart of it all, we would dearly love for the RST to become what it was designed to be, which is a focal point for all Rangers fans to join, have a huge membership and therefore have, by weight of numbers, a convincing say in all things Rangers.

However, I also note that from reading the many pages, it appears that this will never happen because there too many personality clashes, to much distrust of the current RST leadership and to many ego's that will anything to change.

I fear we will always remain a support divided by our beliefs ... to paraphrase the great Bart Simpson "Too many people looking at the little differences between us to actually SEE the BIG similarites that we share"

Shame really, we coulda been a contender !!

Couldn't agree more.

If the RST started today with people who had a standing or reputation among the support like Walter Smith or Richard Gough and administered by an entirely new board with no connections to any site or group i think it would be a huge success.

And it has to be said that while Mark Dingwall is still holding sway it is putting off hundreds if not thousands of fans from investing or at least joining.

The rights and wrongs of that last statement can be debated all day but that sadly is a fact of life.

The rst need to come on all forums and explain what they are about, what their plans for the future are and why they have taken a back seat with most things rangers till very lately.

Imo they should have been more pro active much earlier

Why didn't the rst have a recruitment drive before all this, why has it taken all this shit for them to even look like they are about actions, we have been battered from every angle from many outlets with many claims about rangers for too long now and it takes administration of all things to give the rst a voice.

Why didn't the rst have a recruitment drive before all this, why has it taken all this shit for them to even look like they are about actions, we have been battered from every angle from many outlets with many claims about rangers for too long now and it takes administration of all things to give the rst a voice.

They are having one now and charging everyone a tenner - not quite sure what you get for your tenner.

Maybe £6 goes on 'administration costs'

Any scheme has to be administered by the club, for the sole benefit of the club. It is ours after all.

Membership could carry voting rights - with the members having the opportunity to vote on plans for investment of surplus funds ring-fenced for the benefit of the club.

Youth investment, stadium upgrades, national Rangers leagues, a Hoddle style school or whatever it may be.

But, for the sake of any scheme's credibility and therefore chances of success, it has to be run by the club with a suitable figurehead. Perhaps we could even vote for the representative.

There's nothing new in these ideas, but we really must find a way to help our club and for that to be done with complete trust in the process.

Fair comments , only thing I can relate it to is the Channel 4 program Coach Trip.

As when a new couple come on the Trip when there is an established clique.

RST was a very good idea, but sadly it has been a busted flush from practically day 1.

This (tu)

The current RST is a discredited organisation, ran and dominiated by a select few for their purposes first and foremost.

I agree the concept of fans ownwership or part-ownership is both sound and worthy of future exploration. Unfortunately th way that the current RST has been managed and organised has meant that any organisation with a similar name in the future will be tainted by association.

Agreed. One would hope the Trust have learned from past mistakes in that respect.

All the more reason for people to get involved (at the right time) and ensure such accountability.

All the more reason for a complete purge of those in positions of power or influence in the organisation if it is to possibly re-emerge a phoenix organisation (to use a recently overused phrase).

There are still people involved with RST who need to be removed. Personally I'd prefer if they could be removed from the ranks of Rangers fans as well.

All the more reason for a complete purge of those in positions of power or influence in the organisation if it is to possibly re-emerge a phoenix organisation (to use a recently overused phrase).

There are still people involved with RST who need to be removed. Personally I'd prefer if they could be removed from the ranks of Rangers fans as well.

As the RST always say, join up and vote out the current holders of office, replacing them with new people.

As the RST always say, join up and vote out the current holders of office, replacing them with new people.

They have a power base. The organisation is full of their cronies. They will never see a penny of my money or get any support from me while they are part of the organisation.