Will fans start believing the papers?

GrandSuckMaster

After the recent revelations about Whyte in the Scottish media proving to be, on the whole, true, do you think that our fans will become more trusting of the media. It seems to me that fans on both sides of the old firm think that the media is out to get them and will report anything to sell papers. I firmly believe that Whyte used this 'paranoia' to deflect away the rumours and keep the fans on side, such as his ridiculous "dont read the record" campaign. I think with the recent phone hacking scandal and successful libel claims against the press recently, printed media is a lot more reliable and based more on fact. I firmly believe that if we as fans had been more trusting of the media and questioned Whyte before recent events, things may not have been as dire as they are now.

After the recent revelations about Whyte in the Scottish media proving to be, on the whole, true, do you think that our fans will become more trusting of the media. It seems to me that fans on both sides of the old firm think that the media is out to get them and will report anything to sell papers. I firmly believe that Whyte used this 'paranoia' to deflect away the rumours and keep the fans on side, such as his ridiculous "dont read the record" campaign. I think with the recent phone hacking scandal and successful libel claims against the press recently, printed media is a lot more reliable and based more on fact. I firmly believe that if we as fans had been more trusting of the media and questioned Whyte before recent events, things may not have been as dire as they are now.

The media (print and broadcast) in Scotland has been hijacked by Mankies and their fellow travellers (the Odious Creep for example) of all shapes and sizes - the day I believe a Manky bastard regarding anything to do with Rangers Football Club is the day I chuck it.

I don't really have time to focus on those people who seem to get a kick of the situation our club is in at the moment, the papers and media will write/report anything to fuel the already brining fire.

Why should we have been more trusting to the media regarding CW and also what difference would it have made as most of the stuff was all post takeover…the real issue is with Murray and the rest of the boys who did not do the required check ups on a man that the media (Who are less than slow) seem to have no problem in gathering past failures.

The media (print and broadcast) in Scotland has been hijacked by Mankies and their fellow travellers (the Odious Creep for example) of all shapes and sizes - the day I believe a Manky bastard regarding anything to do with Rangers Football Club is the day I chuck it.

there has been a hell of a lot printed that we should have believed though.

mankie invasion or not.

They printed that rangers won 4-1 yesterday

I don't really have time to focus on those people who seem to get a kick of the situation our club is in at the moment, the papers and media will write/report anything to fuel the already brining fire.

Why should we have been more trusting to the media regarding CW and also what difference would it have made as most of the stuff was all post takeover…the real issue is with Murray and the rest of the boys who did not do the required check ups on a man that the media (Who are less than slow) seem to have no problem in gathering past failures.

If more questions had been asked, Whyte would not have been allowed to do as much damage as he appears to have done. The situation at the club got worse every day and even if we had gone in to admin earlier, we may have been able to save some of the clubs assets that this Charlatan has stripped. I for one am very interested in what the press is saying at the moment, as I want to know exactly what this scumbag has done to our club.

There's your answer.

My edit of your post should tell you everything you need to know about what they can and will do to deliver their message.

That is a harsh edit (td) . Do you believe that after recent events that they can get away with doing that? I think scrutiny of the press is at an all time high.

If more questions had been asked, Whyte would not have been allowed to do as much damage as he appears to have done. The situation at the club got worse every day and even if we had gone in to admin earlier, we may have been able to save some of the clubs assets that this Charlatan has stripped. I for one am very interested in what the press is saying at the moment, as I want to know exactly what this scumbag has done to our club.

He was the owner once Murray sold and as the owner he could do all the damage he wanted, no one including the fans or media could stop him. The only reason we know most of the stuff now is because the admin team have began digging and have found some skeletons, you can continue reading all the damning stuff they print but I will wait for those who are actually investigating our accounts ect to provide me with the information.

What could we have saved when CW was the owner? Most on here did not even know about the Arsenal shares and the ones which did would not have known they had been sold if Admin were not appointed.

That is a harsh edit (td) . Do you believe that after recent events that they can get away with doing that? I think scrutiny of the press is at an all time high.

Was indeed a harsh edit - little different to what I might expect to read in a paper or hear/watch from a broadcaster. A grain of truth in any given article can be stretched a long, long way.

Or, as we have seen recently with the BBC's horrendous stitch-up of McCoist, they are more than happy to create illusions they would like accepted as truths.

It's silly to believe fully anything written by someone else - especially when that person has a clear agenda (to sell papers in this case). I have always looked at the evidence I have before me and made an informed decision on things. I will continue doing this with media reports on everything - not just Rangers.

To sum up, the press are whores writing misleading headlines, omitting important facts and putting an unnatural slant on things in order to create more buzz or headlines.

No sane person should fully believe anything written in the press.

Any evidence of constant negative stories, agendas, lies and pure hatred of the other side? Can you name me just as many Rangers supporting journalists as Celtic supporting one? Did you forget Murray also told fans not buy the papers a long time ago if we didnt like what we read in them, thats not a new thing. I think the phone hacking scandal etc prove that the media and journalists have their own agenda and will goto any low level to put out any story in whatever way they want. I dont think the media deserve any credit, support or trust from Rangers fans, certainly not. Rangers haters like Keevins, Guidi, Jackson, Traynor, English, McCarthy, Grant, Hughes, Cullie and all the rest...........no chance. They are human like us all and its no secret what kind of humans they are. Scum who know that writing negative stories about and digging dirt on Rangers will keep them in a job. Sorry pal, i think you have this one way wrong.