RangersUnite - Real or Fake ?

Ace

We need to beware of a Tango

this is the biggest problem, if we dont put our support in/behind someone very soon there is a real possibility that our club could be liquidated, and if you think now is bad imagine what that would be like.

were all wary because of the mess murray created and then the screw job whyte has tried but we need to support someone.

the rst have too many rangers fans who wouldnt go anywhere near them for them to pull anything off.

a large amount of fans dont want p.murray or king to get control either.

we are in a fucked up situation and someone needs to step forward.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunny, my worry, as I hadn't read the original threads about this, was that we would see a whole series of celebratory threads all over Tim-dome about how they pulled the wool over our eyes.

I have read through the original thread and while it seems a noble idea, I do believe that it would need to be launched by more serious players with sound financial backing and a willingness to open the club up to all the fans.

people with money would not give the fans the club imo. rich cunts are always out for number 1.

True (tu)

So does anyone on here know Alex apart from Leeds_bear?

Trust me mate, we have been doing alsorts behind the scenes. I 100% vouch for him, and although not many of you know me on here you can check my twitter @devoy89 you clearly see I am not one of them and neither is Alex. I understand the speculation surrounding this, but we are just trying to get something off the ground, there is no harm in trying. If it doesn't come off then at least we can say we tried.

I know it might please some but is this the type of thing we want involved in running our club ? :anguish:

235lc6.jpg

Have we not been through the wringer enough without this sort of idiotic shite from people expected to be taken seriously ?

Can't read that on my phone

Does it involve £93k sitting in a bank account gaining interest or interest free loans?

Dunny, my worry, as I hadn't read the original threads about this, was that we would see a whole series of celebratory threads all over Tim-dome about how they pulled the wool over our eyes.

I have read through the original thread and while it seems a noble idea, I do believe that it would need to be launched by more serious players with sound financial backing and a willingness to open the club up to all the fans.

Yeah I agree, Alex's idea I looked at and thought by god thats fkn great, seriously good, I have gave him small help in trying to get him contacts, but it appears time could be a bad thing for him now, I geniuely hope he pushes new owners to look at it, cause it may be something to interest the big players, actually I know its something that would interest the big players !!

Ill vouch for the boy and just need some people to vouch for me now hahaha

Im away to take more valium, im putting on a mental coupen of all the brazilian leagues etc to trying stoat THEN ILL BUY THE CLUB !!!!!!! Come on Vasco de America Jnr BRA

I know it might please some but is this the type of thing we want involved in running our club ? :anguish:

235lc6.jpg

Have we not been through the wringer enough without this sort of idiotic shite from people expected to be taken seriously ?

This has been removed,

I understand what you are saying. But we wont be involved, everyone will. Once this is up and running the people behind it will have as much a stake as everyone else who takes part in the scheme.

This has been removed,

I understand what you are saying. But we wont be involved, everyone will. Once this is up and running the people behind it will have as much a stake as everyone else who takes part in the scheme.

Doesnt matter if its been removed. The damage is done already. First hurdle and the author has been shown to lack credibility. (tu)

Doesnt matter if its been removed. The damage is done already. First hurdle and the author has been shown to lack credibility. (tu)

The author will not matter if it gets off the ground. The author will just be a small voice in a united one of 1000's. IF it works. Would it not be easier to wait and see what you think of the site and propsals on friday? Could do with some constructive criticism. Better yet, if you have some ideas on how this could work, please PM me and we can discuss it further. (tu)

First of all let me say I am aware of the bad feeling between certain so called leading Bears. That said I just don't get this proposed RangersUnite website which is looking for fans ownership of the club. The three largest groups have come together to raise money and looking for fans involvement in the club www.saverangers.com Why the hell start another? OUR club is going down the tubes and we can't get together? So much for the Unite part.

If the call is made the last thing we need is two campaigns looking for the fans money and support. This looks like a splitting move to me.

It might just be fair to wait til Friday and see what these guys come up with

It can't be any worse than what's already been proposed

If its ahite then we treat it as such, if it looks good and they can be referenced then support it

That is all we are asking. If it gets shot down in flames, then we know that it wont work. Because its the supporters voice that matters, that is the important thing if this is going to work. (tu)

First of all let me say I am aware of the bad feeling between certain so called leading Bears. That said I just don't get this proposed RangersUnite website which is looking for fans ownership of the club. The three largest groups have come together to raise money and looking for fans involvement in the club www.saverangers.com Why the hell start another? OUR club is going down the tubes and we can't get together? So much for the Unite part.

If the call is made the last thing we need is two campaigns looking for the fans money and support. This looks like a splitting move to me.

I understand with what you are saying, and agree with you to a certaing extent. BUT we are not looking to divide, we wont to see if all rangers fans would be on board for this. If not then so be it. No harm in us putting a propsal forward for all to see, then take it from their.

True (tu)

So does anyone on here know Alex apart from Leeds_bear?

Don't realy know him but chatted to him on here and passed on a few ideas that I had from my days involved in an international group (non football) that I thought he may be able to use.

Seemed like a good lad and fully realised that they would have to get a few well known names to back them, he knows he needs to get legal and accounting advice to set up.

Discussed several other things including realistic time frame for fan ownership and that the RST share scheme and fan ownership scheme could work in parallel, e.g. richer fans could buy shares as well as membership. Many clubs are 49% shares and 51% fan membership scheme.

Disappointing about FF attitude but i thought this may be the case.

I understand with what you are saying, and agree with you to a certaing extent. BUT we are not looking to divide, we wont to see if all rangers fans would be on board for this. If not then so be it. No harm in us putting a propsal forward for all to see, then take it from their.

But why not talk to the Assembly, Supports Association and Trust. Surely that would get the message over to more fans.

Have you spoken to any of the above?

But why not talk to the Assembly, Supports Association and Trust. Surely that would get the message over to more fans.

If you dont like what is presented to you on Friday, you dont have to support it. I must reiterate this wont work without the fans backing, so what more would you ask from us? I am not looking to get a seat on the board at Rangers I am not even looking for a job within Rangers, none of us are. We are looking to get the fans having a better say in the our club and how it is run.

Can anyone tell me how many Offical Members, each of these organisations have.......not based on save rangers, talking independant of that

If you dont like what is presented to you on Friday, you dont have to support it. I must reiterate this wont work without the fans backing, so what more would you ask from us? I am not looking to get a seat on the board at Rangers I am not even looking for a job within Rangers, none of us are. We are looking to get the fans having a better say in the our club and how it is run.

Are you the main man now?as if I remember rightly from the original thread it was a guy called Alex and you offered to help in the thread like others did just to clarify cheers (tu)

Are you the main man now?as if I remember rightly from the original thread it was a guy called Alex and you offered to help in the thread like others did just to clarify cheers (tu)

Alex is still the main man driving it. It is his idea. I am just helping him out with getting it moving and trying to keep the peace (tu)

Can anyone tell me how many Offical Members, each of these organisations have.......not based on save rangers, talking independant of that

The Trust 2000-3000. Supporters Association whatever the total number each of the official club has as members. The Assembly was started by SDM to kill the Trust at birth, but has become more independent over the years. The Assembly has just about all supporters as members although most don't know it, ST holders, shareholders, supporters clubs etc. The Trust and Supporters Association are also members.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I have the feeling that the admins' date change to Friday has killed this stone dead, as well as Save Rangers.

The best way forward would be to contact any known interested parties (P.Murray etc) and see what they would offer if these campaigns were to be rolled into theirs.

It really is sad that we aren't presenting a united front here. More like the Peoples front of Judea and the Judan peoples front. doh

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I have the feeling that the admins' date change to Friday has killed this stone dead, as well as Save Rangers.

The best way forward would be to contact any known interested parties (P.Murray etc) and see what they would offer if these campaigns were to be rolled into theirs.

It really is sad that we aren't presenting a united front here. More like the Peoples front of Judea and the Judan peoples front. doh

Correct 100%