Punishing The Victim

Punishing The Victim

[imgleft]http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k494/DarcheVinny/wv5stewartregansfa_200_200.jpg [/imgleft] Three weeks ago the Scottish Football Association launched an 'independent' enquiry in to "whether or not Craig Whyte is qualified to take control of the club". That was about nine months too late wasn't it?

How can you investigate whether or not someone is qualified to take control of a football club, when they have already been allowed to take control of a football club! Only in Scotland! And only the SFA could demonstrate such levels of incompetency.

Where was this very public and independent investigation when Craig Whyte was about to take control? I don't remember hearing or reading anything about it. Did the SFA make an enquiry in to Craig Whyte before he took Rangers down the road to a financial hell, that they didn't have to go down? They may well say they did, but will we see proof? I think we should! The documents that detail this enquiry need to be made public. It wouldn't surprise me if the SFA just took The Murray Group's word for it.

Why? Well we need to know who is to blame on the SFA's part, for allowing Craig Whyte to take control of the football club in the first place, seeing as he is not 'fit and proper'.

The most laughable part of it is, that the SFA are intending to charge Rangers - yes Rangers - with bringing the game in to disrepute. All because Rangers' solicitors - don't they mean Whyte's solicitors, Collyer Bristow? - restricted the process by failing to share information.

Again, why charge Rangers as a club? Who is to blame for this failure to share information? Craig Whyte and his solicitors.

The list of areas to be considered by the Judicial Panel include; "Obligations and duties of members, Official return, Financial records, Division of receipts and payment of expenses (Scottish Cup)".

Again, I must ask, why and how can you punish a football club for the incompetent actions of individuals? Rangers Football Club is the victim here, not the offender.

My thoughts reiterate the second brief statement made by Duff and Phelps this afternoon; "In broad terms, we believe there are mitigating factors and we hope to demonstrate the distinction between the Club and the actions of any individuals".

The SFA have already punished Rangers, by approving Craig Whyte as a 'fit and proper' person to take control of the club nine months ago. The SFA are intending to punish the victim.

Let us hope common sense prevails - I know, common sense and the SFA are not acquainted - and Rangers are not punished for bringing the game in to disrepute.

Craig Whyte, The Murray Group and the SFA are the real guilty parties here, not Rangers.

A club is held accountable for it's members, and as we have seen on a few occasions, it's support. Misbehaviour on the pitch often brings a charge to the club of failing to control it's players. This is just another case of Whyte bringing problems to us and as such, it was a charge which we had to face. I'm quite sure that the mitigating circumstances will be taken into consideration, and that any punishment to be meted out, will reflect that.

It is just the same as 50k fine from the Plus Exchange with not declaring that Whyte had been band as a director. It was the club that failed to submit the correct information at the time and will ultimately held to account.

Whyte knew about his previous bans as a Director; and which would appear to nullify his entitlement to become the Owner. Either:

A - SDM didn't know; didn't check; and it's buffoonery all round.

Or

B - SDM did know, CW and SDM knew it was going to end in catastrophe, and CW volunteered to be the fall guy.

Whyte knew about his previous bans as a Director; and which would appear to nullify his entitlement to become the Owner. Either:

A - SDM didn't know; didn't check; and it's buffoonery all round.

Or

B - SDM did know, CW and SDM knew it was going to end in catastrophe, and CW volunteered to be the fall guy.

This won't be far from the set of actual events.