Case for suing Whyte?

Shuggy

Cause:

Forced into administration because Whyte did not pay PAYE/NI.

Effect:

Loss of 2012/2013 European Revenue

Potential loss of 1st place prize money in SPL due to 10 points deduction

If Whyte is ejected from Ibrox, is there a case for suing him for big time losses here?

I think this assumes we win the big tax case because that would have tipped us into administration anyway?

Shuggy

we hadnt quilified for europe next year as yet, how can that be an effect?

and i doubt we can sue someone for not winning the league.

We lose Europe if we don't post qualified accounts in 3 weeks and administrators are not hopeful.

Also, difference between 2nd and 3rd SPL places is £1M? That is sue-able IMO if a 10 point deduction caused it.

Shuggy

We lose Europe if we don't post qualified accounts in 3 weeks and administrators are not hopeful.

Also, difference between 2nd and 3rd SPL places is £1M? That is sue-able IMO if a 10 point deduction caused it.

Shuggy

deluded to say the least.

people taking pay cuts left right and centre, club on the brink, but we can sue someone for not winning the league and not playing in europe? get real. Never mind all the business reason we could dig up to hammer the man, but suing him for these reason is a non starter to say the least.

I think we should make sure we have a club next year before we worry about who they are playing or what position we finnish this year.

PS can we go back a sue Murray for the times we didnt win the league under him?

deluded to say the least.

people taking pay cuts left right and centre, club on the brink, but we can sue someone for not winning the league and not playing in europe? get real. Never mind all the business reason we could dig up to hammer the man, but suing him for these reason is a non starter to say the least.

I think we should make sure we have a club next year before we worry about who they are playing or what position we finnish this year.

PS can we go back a sue Murray for the times we didnt win the league under him?

did we get any point deductions under adn?

did we get any point deductions under adn?

No.

his actions cost us some titles and won us countless others. So on the OP's logic we have a case surely?

plus you would have to arrgue that the 10 point deduction lost us the league which is virtualy impossible given the position we were in before admin. and as I previously stated we havent qualified for europe at this time so how on earth can we sue him over it?

I'd leave it to Ticketus. But that's just me. While today seems a lot more positive, I think it likely that there is going to be a lot of litigation at the end of all this. And Rangers should try and steer clear of as much of it as possible.

we hadnt quilified for europe next year as yet, how can that be an effect?

and i doubt we can sue someone for not winning the league.

We would have finished at worst in second place. Now we might finish in 2nd or 3rd place, but it doesn't matter, Motherwell will get the other Champion's league place anyway. Even if the rest of the season had been a complete disaster, we would have almost certainly got a Europa League place.

is him not paying PAYE really the only reason we went into admin?

what about his claims he offered to PAYE to HMRC but they refused, has this claim been proved otherwise?

personally i think administration is somthing that i hoped we could avoid, but i think we all knew it was a possibilty for a few years now. It's been a long time since any sort of positive headline came out of ibrox with reference to our finance.

We would have finished at worst in second place. Now we might finish in 2nd or 3rd place, but it doesn't matter, Motherwell will get the other Champion's league place anyway. Even if the rest of the season had been a complete disaster, we would have almost certainly got a Europa League place.

I'm not denying that we would have qualified, but standing in a court of law and stating that we would have based on a projected league position is a totaly different matter.

Trying to sue someone one the back of it is wishful at best. and courts generaly only deal in facts and truths.

as for the europa league its already been stated that there is no money in that cup. we barely cover the cost of being in it. now that doesnt mean it would do our brand the world of good by playing in it and give our fans some good games to watch and a little extra revenue from the home games, but there would almost be no loss of money. there is only one team that makes money from the europa, the winners.

is him not paying PAYE really the only reason we went into admin?

what about his claims he offered to PAYE to HMRC but they refused, has this claim been proved otherwise?

personally i think administration is somthing that i hoped we could avoid, but i think we all knew it was a possibilty for a few years now. It's been a long time since any sort of positive headline came out of ibrox with reference to our finance.

Being in admin through PAYE non-payments is an irrelevance, we are out of Europe for not posting audited accounts, CW said this could not be done because of the big tax case ( but SDM managed it for three years). CW has made a career out of being a shite owner and killing companies, apart from the odd roofing firm or directors ban he has so far avoided being held to account through the court for most of that time.

Don't see it ever happening.