Rangers Unite

Leeds_Bear

The Fighting fund should be seen as the long term goal as well though.

There is nothing to stop us as fans raising £5m per year to fund shortfalls or purchases or wages or something. I wouldnt want nor need shares in return. Id be happy just to help my club out. (tu)

That is exactly what RangersUnite is trying to guarantee. :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is exactly what RangersUnite is trying to guarantee. :)

But with all due respect to you and the people creating this, we as fans have been burned on far too many occasions now.

Im sure you guys are all trustworthy, but we have seen the mess created by RST in the past and how things have got murky resulting in mass resignations of Board Members etc due to the inappropriateness of dealing with funds.

The Fighting Fund carries a lot of weight. It's people we know. It's people we trust. It's people who are legends of our great Club.

It is beyond understanding for me that if all you splinter groups are NOT SCREAMING FOR ATTENTION, or NOT WANTING ANYTHING OUT OF THIS, then why wouldnt you direct your FULL, UNDIVIDED and UNITED support behind The Fighting Fund.

For me, any reluctance not to and any persistence to remain as a splinter group only means your true end game is not in the best interests of the club, something which i have said of the RST for a long, long time. (tu)

PS - Blocking peoples comments on Twitter is well and truly in the style of Dingwall. You are starting to look and acr like 2 sides of the same coin. :disappointment:

The more I hear from rangers unite the more I like it

The fighting fund is great for a short term fix until the end of the season or new owners

I can't see any down side of the rangers unite plans for the long term stability of the club

Everything they are saying is sensible and workable

Unlike other groups they are not looking for power or a blazer and tie

I think it should be explored further

But with all due respect to you and the people creating this, we as fans have been burned on far too many occasions now.

Im sure you guys are all trustworthy, but we have seen the mess created by RST in the past and how things have got murky resulting in mass resignations of Board Members etc due to the inappropriateness of dealing with funds.

The Fighting Fund carries a lot of weight. It's people we know. It's people we trust. It's people who are legends of our great Club.

It is beyond understanding for me that if all you splinter groups are NOT SCREAMING FOR ATTENTION, or NOT WANTING ANYTHING OUT OF THIS, then why wouldnt you direct your FULL, UNDIVIDED and UNITED support behind The Fighting Fund.

For me, any reluctance not to and any persistence to remain as a splinter group only means your true end game is not in the best interests of the club, something which i have said of the RST for a long, long time. (tu)

PS - Blocking peoples comments on Twitter is well and truly in the style of Dingwall. You are starting to look and acr like 2 sides of the same coin. :disappointment:

AlukoMan

I have nothing to do with running this scheme, but it has attracted me from the start and so have folllowed the threads with interest.

It does seem like the way to go and I will back it and the RFFF, with the hope that further in the future fan ownership will come.

But you seem to have been "down" on this from the off. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I have now formed a mental image of you as Harry Enfields "Only ME!" character. I understand you don't support it, but you seem determined to make sure no-one else gets involved.

AlukoMan

I have nothing to do with running this scheme, but it has attracted me from the start and so have folllowed the threads with interest.

It does seem like the way to go and I will back it and the RFFF, with the hope that further in the future fan ownership will come.

But you seem to have been "down" on this from the off. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I have now formed a mental image of you as Harry Enfields "Only ME!" character. I understand you don't support it, but you seem determined to make sure no-one else gets involved.

You might be right. (tu)

When the head person of a group looking to be taken serious calls fellow bears kunts, refers to the other mob as Paedos, gets hot under the collar when people ask him general questions and blocks people from posting their views or asking him questions on twitter then I will be determined to make sure people stay clear. (tu)

Hasnt the last 10 months taught you anything about the type of people we NEED involved in running our club ffs ? :anguish:

You might be right. (tu)

When the head person of a group looking to be taken serious calls fellow bears kunts, refers to the other mob as Paedos, gets hot under the collar when people ask him general questions and blocks people from posting their views or asking him questions on twitter then I will be determined to make sure people stay clear. (tu)

Hasnt the last 10 months taught you anything about the type of people we NEED involved in running our club ffs ? :anguish:

Aye brother I hear you.

Can you blame some of us who are fed up with talking though and want action? What's a few hundred quid or a tenner a month? We've all pissed that amount against a wall on a good night out. If I get burned, at least I tried. The thought of there being no Rangers terrifies me.

I'm sure personal attacks have soured it for you and I agree that shouldn't happen, as we are meant to be on the same side. But can't you just step back and leave them alone now? You have made your feelings known.

Any way mate. Nothing personal and it won't be my last post to you ;) We have too much in common, in that we both support the greatest football team in the world. Second to none.

Peace.

Aye brother I hear you.

Can you blame some of us who are fed up with talking though and want action? What's a few hundred quid or a tenner a month? We've all pissed that amount against a wall on a good night out. If I get burned, at least I tried. The thought of there being no Rangers terrifies me.

I'm sure personal attacks have soured it for you and I agree that shouldn't happen, as we are meant to be on the same side. But can't you just step back and leave them alone now? You have made your feelings known.

Any way mate. Nothing personal and it won't be my last post to you ;) We have too much in common, in that we both support the greatest football team in the world. Second to none.

Peace.

I agree re a few hundred quid.

Give it to people we can trust. Club Legends and the new group. All of whom can be 100% certified as having no self interest, Rangers Football Club as the only concern, and wont act like fannies (tu)

I wont be stepping back. Just as i did throughout with Craig Whyte, then i will be commenting on this group and why they shouldnt be involved as a separate entity. (tu)

You might be right. (tu)

What if they are kunts and Paedos?

Absolutely right you should comment and keep diligence on tis group which has been formed out of frustration. THe concept is a plan or BLUEprint for the fuure not necesarily the short term. all members of this group would love someone to take over this concept. THe main message is the idea. The members of the group would all welcome the outcome and if delivered by other pariers would go to their grave anonymous butwith a big smile on teur faces.

i really like the idea of the membership scheme with different tiers. Theres benefits for the fans & they also know they are actively investing money into the club and having a say on how the club is run.

i'm not sure if i like it though if the club is completely owned and run in this manner. For me, i think a compromise of having an owner, a proven business man with a track record and alot of wealth & backing. But also have a smaller shareholding of the club allocated to this model, and have yearly elections from the members of this scheme for a board position.

I work on with some concerns, the RFFF is a good idea for those who are basically desperate to help in our current climate, but the money is effectively dead as soon as it leaves the person, which concerns me somewhat, it would be far better to get something back for our money, and obviously an investment plan is far more in line with that. What I like about Rangersunite is the ideas proposed relating to one member one vote (although I may tweak that to be investment related), I like that there are actual benefits to the members.

My biggest concern is always that these schemes start out as a great way for fans to be involved in the running of their club, but that they end up with one or two people establishing a very strong position as representatives, board members, etc, on the back of everyone else's money, and I'm not sure how to get around that, to be honest.

It's great to have this debate - and that's definitely what is positive about the Rangers Unite plan.. It's taken on board a lot of feedback since the initial idea was posted, both good and bad. Undoubtedly there has been a couple of slip-ups in terms of communication but it's an on-going process. No one involved is a PR expert, all just volunteers working for the best of the club.

And regarding the RFFF - we have already posted several times (via Twitter and Facebook) to confirm all fans should be supportive of this 100%. We're not looking to take the focus away from the fighting fund - we are not competing with the fighting fund. But I will reiterate that it's a short term solution and, in the longer term, we must look to fan ownership as the way forward for the club.