Would You Support A NewCo?

Broxi

283 members have voted

1. 1. Would Yout Support A NewCo?

• Yes, no doubt.
    • No, I'd have no interest.
    • I would, but not to the same level as now.

For twenty years this club has been a ship without an oar when it comes to certain things in this country, and if Rangers were no longer Rangers it would be back-peddling even more. When it ceases to be Rangers, it truly will cease to be Rangers. Rangers is more than 11 men running on to a football park. I read your family stories there mate and I think how you must represent so many of the working class in Scotland, not just Glasgow. To think it could be trashed by people with absolutely no understanding of what it meant to people like you and your father is sickening.

Great men in history helped build our club, yet conmen have just about destroyed it.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our fans turned their backs in the eighties when we were struggling, and then the glory hunters came back when we started to win things again.

With all due respect mate we're not in the 80's this is a completely different era , theres a whole new generation of supporters who are hardcore and will turn up no matter what , i dont see how the low attendances in the early-mid 80's is relevent to the question asked on this thread . Looks to me like your just getting wee digs in at the Rangers supporter .:disappointment: Also if you where there through the early 80's supporting the club no matter what then it makes it even more difficult for me to understand why you would now turn your back on the club simply because a new company has taken over the football club ( if thats what happens ) .. I also take it that when you talk about Rangers history and formation of the club that you dont say formed in 1872-73 but 1889 or what ever year it was the plc took over the club ?

With all due respect mate we're not in the 80's this is a completely different era , theres a whole new generation of supporters who are hardcore and will turn up no matter what , i dont see how the low attendances in the early-mid 80's is relevent to the question asked on this thread . Looks to me like your just getting wee digs in at the Rangers supporter .:disappointment: Also if you where there through the early 80's supporting the club no matter what then it makes it even more difficult for me to understand why you would now turn your back on the club simply because a new company has taken over the football club ( if thats what happens ) .. I also take it that when you talk about Rangers history and formation of the club that you dont say formed in 1872-73 but 1889 or what ever year it was the plc took over the club ?

The club has never been liquidated before.

There's me thinking that we were all supposed to be threatening anyone who considers putting us into liquidation, telling them that if they created a NewCo they would have no support from The Rangers fans.

By saying 'Yes, I will support a NewCo' is giving people who are considering putting us into liquidation confidence that they can do so and will still have the backing of the fans.

doh

Agree mate and we can all get back to normal again. (tu)

Think it will be many a day before normal? No matter who takes us over, mini as far as we know so far will be moving forward with a £10m debt! How how explains that to the othere creditors will be interesting if you look at the % as gross debt Ticketus will receive as to the others.

Now negative but facts?

There's me thinking that we were all supposed to be threatening anyone who considers putting us into liquidation, telling them that if they created a NewCo they would have no support from The Rangers fans.

By saying 'Yes, I will support a NewCo' is giving people who are considering putting us into liquidation confidence that they can do so and will still have the backing of the fans.

doh

A NewCo is NOT Rangers no matter what spin people try to put on it.

No spin - The Rangers are much more than any co. Always were - from the days before the first ltd. company - and always will be.

And no amount of spin will change that. The wettest dreams of the gitter minded dont count. And no amount of spin will change that, either.

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=707:defining-rangers-the-club-versus-the-legal-entity&catid=101:club&Itemid=529

Definitions:

A Limited Company - a legal entity which owns assets and liabilities with the purpose of seeking profit ("Company" or "legal entity")

Newco - the continuation of a company in a legal format; usually taking assets from the OldCo whilst it's liquidated ("NewCo")

A Football Club - a community formed by fans working towards a common goal ("Club")