Once again, the largest UK weekend attendance was in Scottish Division 3.

Would you buy a season ticket for that, considering Ticketus would no longer be a factor?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a season ticket for that, considering Ticketus would no longer be a factor?

• Definitely.
    • Maybe
    • Definitely not.

The crowds would be lucky to reach 25,000 in the 3rd Division.

Not if the season tickets were priced cleverly. Pricing season tickets for parents/children so low that it would be a no brainer for any parent would also provide a chance to blood new supporters alongside the youth players.

I think it would be a beautiful thing to witness and be part of.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if the season tickets were priced cleverly. Pricing season tickets for parents/children so low that it would be a no brainer for any parent would also provide a chance to blood new supporters alongside the youth players.

I think it would be a beautiful thing to witness and be part of.

Season Tickets. :lol:

Oh aye, guarantee that you see the big matches versus Queen's Park!

Same thing. It became official in 1873, since we're talking technicalities.

It became official in 1872. We held our first annual meeting in 1873 but that's irrelevant. A company formed today won't hold it's first annual meeting until 2013 - it was still formed in 2012. :P

Trust me you would soon get sick of the sight of shite away grounds, poor football and seeing Celtic Win everything.

that's beyond doubt but could you imagine the upset it would cause when we throw the word 'Tainted' at them for the next 3 years ;)

Don't understand why anybody would want us in div 3 just for us to win our way back to the same shitty league and teams in the spl. Fuck them off try for a spot in England even blue square at least after 5 or 6 years of hard work we could be in the premiership or at least challenging for playoff places in the championship.

I agree with everything you say but for me point 4 would be reason enough to go to the 3rd division.

i was going to type the same thing!!

i wonder if the SPL would allow us to start in Div3 though? i think it would be the end of Scottish football.

That's right, but what's that got to do with it?

What other reasons do people buy ST's for?

Someone was casting aspersions about people who don't go to away matches offering an opinion on that subject.

And I'm going to take a wild guess here at 'other' reasons to buy a season ticket - they support the club being the first. They want to keep a seat the enjoy. Habit. Status.

Someone was casting aspersions about people who don't go to away matches offering an opinion on that subject.

And I'm going to take a wild guess here at 'other' reasons to buy a season ticket - they support the club being the first. They want to keep a seat the enjoy. Habit. Status.

Get it right, Moses. I was annoyed about people telling others that they should have an away boycott. When they didn't actually go to away games themselves, that just compounded things. Where have I said that people shouldn't go to Ibrox?

If Rangers were in Division 3, you could pick your place with no problem, just as it was in the early/mid eighties. How many ST's would you estimate us selling if the worst came to the worst and it happened?

I agree with everything you say but for me point 4 would be reason enough to go to the 3rd division.

same here point 4 is enough reason to stick it to them, and draw the scum in scots cup and put them out

Get it right, Moses. I was annoyed about people telling others that they should have an away boycott. When they didn't actually go to away games themselves, that just compounded things. Where have I said that people shouldn't go to Ibrox?

If Rangers were in Division 3, you could pick your place with no problem, just as it was in the early/mid eighties. How many ST's would you estimate us selling if the worst came to the worst and it happened?

There was nothing for me to get wrong - I don't remember criticising you for having a go at those who were being critical. Neither claiming you said that people shouldn't go to Ibrox. You know my stance, I wont give money to our enemies, but it's the easiest thing in the world to understand why some are compelled to see The Rangers no matter what.

Numbers of ST sales? Can't be anything other than speculation, but why not, if the pricing was right - and included deals for parent/children then why not what we currently enjoy?

Out of interest - why don't you go to Ibrox? The exact opposite of my attendance choice.

Rangers would get 35-40k home fans easy i believe in div 3 thats if the so called real fans stick with us, we wont get our talent cherry picked cause we could still pay decent wages, and they also know we would be back at the top in under 4 yrs sone aluko never got picked up are people saying with the right scouts we wont get more like him, we would still be a better option to play for than some of the shite in scotland dont think so little of your teams appeal

There is not a chance in my opinion of going to Division 3.

i think you are probably right, however it is the right thing to do. if the worst happens, then we should re-enter the league and take our punishment with dignity. the problem as i see it is that the SPL wants to make it look like they are doing us a favour by keeping us in the SPL. fans of other teams have stated their disgust at this, but the fact of the matter is that we are absolutely vital for most clubs' survival. what are crowds going to be like for the next three years in the premier division if we are not there? the league would be over by december.

basically, they want us there for their own benefit. we get the worst of both worlds with that. its a ridiculous situation they are presenting. if people dont appreciate what we are worth to them, let them find out the hard way.

If we were liquidated then I would rather we re formed in the 3rd division

GK's - Alan Smith, Grant Adam

FB's - Kyle McAusland, Andy Murdoch

CB's - Ross Perry, Darren Cole, Chris Hegarty, Stuart Urquhart

CM's - Jamie Ness, Rhys McCabe, Kyle Hutton, Lewis McLeod, Darren Ramsey

AM's - John Fleck, Kal Naismith, Fraser Aird, Charlie Telfer

ST's - Kane Hemmings, Andrew Little, Barrie McKay, Jamie Burrows

3rd Division = Only use current youth players the 3rd division is really unimaginably shite we could easily win the league with our youth players except maybe sign another experianced full back.

2nd Division = Retain most of the squad but add a few signings

1st Division = Let the ones go who don't look like making it and replace them

There was nothing for me to get wrong - I don't remember criticising you for having a go at those who were being critical. Neither claiming you said that people shouldn't go to Ibrox. You know my stance, I wont give money to our enemies, but it's the easiest thing in the world to understand why some are compelled to see The Rangers no matter what.

Numbers of ST sales? Can't be anything other than speculation, but why not, if the pricing was right - and included deals for parent/children then why not what we currently enjoy?

Out of interest - why don't you go to Ibrox? The exact opposite of my attendance choice.

Due to location and work, I can't get to every game, so I need to pick and choose my games. After having a couple of run-ins with the stewards at Ibrox for standing/chanting, I decided to curtail my visits and I also prefer the away game atmosphere compared to the sanitised version at Ibrox. I have been back a few times since then. The game against Celtic the other week was special and one of the best for many a year.