Miller Bid

jjkgc

There we see that name crop up again!.....Andrew Ellis :anguish: The man who wanted to move QPR to out near Heathrow and flog Loftus Road as real estate in 2001 doh The man who led a consortium that bought Northampton Town for £500,000 in 2002 because he could see a massive profit in property dealings, which sadly for him were kyboshed,which led to him stepping down as chairman after a few months and leaving the running of the club to his brother-in-law.

The man who was described as one of the "leading players" to buy Rangers FC from the minted one in 2009,when he hadn't a pot to piss in, yet it was reported by Rangers FC (Murray statement) in June 2010 that Rangers had had discussions with Ellis and that talks were at an advanced stage, even although Ellis had shown no proof whatsoever that he personally had any money,or that his syndicate could be of any benefir to Rangers FC.

Then what name should turn up AGAIN when a certain Craig Whyte was rumoured to be putting in a bid to Murray in late 2010??? Yes, you have guessed it; Andrew Ellis.It was suggested that it was Andrew Ellis who hatched the plan for Whyte to "purchase" our club from the shyster Murray, but it seemed that when Whyte was getting a bit of bad publicity about Ellis' presence,Ellis seemed to fade away for a while.

Then just before the shit hit the fan and armageddon erupted, Ellis is suddenly on the board of directors at the behest of Whyte.

Now there is a bid from America, and suddenly Andrew Ellis name (allegedly) is in the frame yet again in a bid to control the destiny of Rangers.

I'm sure that in all these cases, Andrew Ellis' only concern was for the clubs concerned and now his only reason for so desperately wanting a part of the action at our club is because it's in the best interests of Rangers Football Club, and not in any way connected to him making a lot of money as a property developer.

Like FUCK it is :mad:

If this guy is remotely connected to a bid for our club, we have some surprises in store,methinks. :pipe:

I heard from a reliable source that Bill Miller is a lifelong Rangers fan. His father became a Gers man when stationed in the UK during WWII.........

Well they fukkin started it........ A reliable source?? :wanker:

Raises a story for me. There is the side of my family where I get my supporterdom from, but from the other side (the one that's been in the States since before they were states) my grandfather served with honor in WWII: purple heart + two oak leaf clusters, more campaign ribbons than most career Army men will ever see. The first place he arrived in Europe was Glasgow, and he got to taking a shine to some locals and enjoy the area in the few days he was there.

The first of the three times he was wounded he was brought back to Birmingham to hospital, and he ran into one of these lads he'd met in Glasgow. He was delayed in returning to the front lines for a week, and so this man from Mississippi ended up being drafted into some pickup-style football matches and hanging around with this group of Glaswegians. A guy he'd become good mates with via this guy he'd met prior kept telling him about the club he played for in Glasgow called Rangers. So in between trips to see his girlfriend in Birmingham he was spending a fair amount of time with this guy. When it was time to get back to France (early winter '44, before the Bulge) his new friend gave him ones of his blue shirts in exchange for a US Army issued undershirt. My grandpa wore that top under his fatigues through some of the worst battles of the war, and was wearing it when he caught shrapnel in Belgium during that awful winter. They cut the shirt off of him in the field hospital to treat his wounds so it was lost, but he's always (for whatever reason) credited that shirt with keeping the shrapnel in his ribs from cutting through to his lungs and finishing him. He still carries shrapnel in his arm from the grenade attack.

He can remember nearly every detail about his time in Birmingham, even where his girlfriend lived (I showed him the house on Google Maps and it brought a tear to his eye), but he cannot for the life of him remember the name of the Ranger who gave him that shirt that he still says saved his life. I'd fly over tomorrow to thank the man or his family myself if I knew who it was.

Raises a story for me. There is the side of my family where I get my supporterdom from, but from the other side (the one that's been in the States since before they were states) my grandfather served with honor in WWII: purple heart + two oak leaf clusters, more campaign ribbons than most career Army men will ever see. The first place he arrived in Europe was Glasgow, and he got to taking a shine to some locals and enjoy the area in the few days he was there.

The first of the three times he was wounded he was brought back to Birmingham to hospital, and he ran into one of these lads he'd met in Glasgow. He was delayed in returning to the front lines for a week, and so this man from Mississippi ended up being drafted into some pickup-style football matches and hanging around with this group of Glaswegians. A guy he'd become good mates with via this guy he'd met prior kept telling him about the club he played for in Glasgow called Rangers. So in between trips to see his girlfriend in Birmingham he was spending a fair amount of time with this guy. When it was time to get back to France (early winter '44, before the Bulge) his new friend gave him ones of his blue shirts in exchange for a US Army issued undershirt. My grandpa wore that top under his fatigues through some of the worst battles of the war, and was wearing it when he caught shrapnel in Belgium during that awful winter. They cut the shirt off of him in the field hospital to treat his wounds so it was lost, but he's always (for whatever reason) credited that shirt with keeping the shrapnel in his ribs from cutting through to his lungs and finishing him. He still carries shrapnel in his arm from the grenade attack.

He can remember nearly every detail about his time in Birmingham, even where his girlfriend lived (I showed him the house on Google Maps and it brought a tear to his eye), but he cannot for the life of him remember the name of the Ranger who gave him that shirt that he still says saved his life. I'd fly over tomorrow to thank the man or his family myself if I knew who it was.

We are indeed chosen , fine story bud smiley-gen014.gif21.gif00000042.gif

Is ellis still banking on the shares from cw , or is he ploughing money in ?

Mate, this guy has no money whatsoever and he relies on financing for all his business dealings.

I believe I have said this numerous times - but this guy would be extremely bad for our club!

If he has any dealings with Miller, that counts Miller out for me.

Mate, this guy has no money whatsoever and he relies on financing for all his business dealings.

I believe I have said this numerous times - but this guy would be extremely bad for our club!

This thread has achieved its objective then.

What is the difference between Andrew Ellis and Paul Murray ?

This thread has achieved its objective then.

What is the difference between Andrew Ellis and Paul Murray ?

Guardian - I was not comparing these guys. I was giving my opinion and personal knowledge of one person in particular.

I have no knowledge of Murray other than what I have read.

Will Murray be good for Rangers I have no idea........... will Ellis be bad for Rangers - definitely. Ellis was absolutely fundemental to Whytes takeover at Rangers.

Exactly right , miller would be out for me too , ( I was having a dig at ellis in my post by the way , I know the script on him mate )