Millions to be earned with Miller.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow were off to crack the Good Ole USA market just as we cracked the Chinese market, the Australian market and our dalliance in the Indian market just a few months ago, let the $$$$ billions flow forth!

You no likey?

There are over 300 million yanks over there.... an amazing market to be tapped :)

I'm all for stars on the footy tops or stripes on socks.... it's the colours that matter most.

It would be all Red White (not he) and Blue.... (tu)

Years back when Souness took over as manager my mate always took his USA flag to games and it never looked out of place given the colours East enclosure bout twenty -thirty steps back diagonally from the dugout ... you may have seen ... if not then you'd have heard us ... shouting at the rest of the ground to 'try singing' whilst belting out all the numbers not allowed anymore sadly :)

:21: :21: :21::uk: :uk: :uk:

post-62090-0-13832000-1336098136_thumb.j

Given current television exposure of Rangers in the U.S., don't expect some surge. Exposure and success are keys to selling things in a market lacking some vested interested (sorry boca [and sadly might I say, he is quality, but defense ain't sexy enough] and edu hardly qualify as great marketable quantities, donovan on the other hand might) . Rangers have the success, but the lengths required to see them play represent a major obstacle for fans. Get them on ESPN 4 times a season, and the equation changes dramatically, but good luck.

Wow were off to crack the Good Ole USA market just as we cracked the Chinese market, the Australian market and our dalliance in the Indian market just a few months ago, let the $$$$ billions flow forth!

Understand your cynicism but the Chinese market was never goiung to work. Even popular clubs such as Barca and Real sell few shirts. Yes there are lots around but mostly fake.

Australia -- small country small mentality who seem to prefer green/gold t red, white, blue - no money there.

India where >80% of the population live on under $2 per day... Futire potential perhaps but not now

USA has potential for sponsorship deals, soccer acadamies, player deals etc.... only time will tell

I moved from Belfast to Toronto in 1992 and now i currently live in Busan South Korea so ive good a good idea about how football is regared abroad.

Football in North America has expanded greatly in the last 5 years. Markets like Toronto, montreal, New York and LA have massive European populations that support footie. Toronto sells out every game (edu played for tfc before being sold to rangers) montreal and new york draw good crowds as well. The thing is most footie fans still follow the EPL more than anything but I think rangers have a great opportunity to expand into North America. There are tonnes of bears in Toronto. The largest orange parade outside of the UK is in Toronto. Rangers played dynamo zagrib a few years back in Toronto and it drew fairly well.

As for Korea...thats a different stroy. The Kleague is in no way popular here. Ive seen more celtic tops because of cha and ki that you see Busan Ipark (where matt mckay was sold to) tops. All koreans care about is the EPL flippin ra sellick and their national team. They dont give two hoots about the korean league but when a Korean player makes it in the UK they are suddenly fans of that team. And they love baseball. Baseball is by far the most popular sport in korea and japan. However i think the asian market does have potential as Uk and european teams are very popular here.

If anyone is ever in korea drop on by the Busan Loyal RSC!

Soccer is massive in the US - more kids and teenagers play soccer than all other sports put together. It has yet to match the others commercially, however it is growing and gaining slowly. Will it ever match American football, no never, but it does not have to in order to have potential for our club.

If Miller has our best interests at heart, wants us to move forward, grow commercially and he has a 'long term' committment to us then I have no doubts that he will be able to tap into the US market in some way. If he does not have a long term goal and he has any other less desirable motives for buying us, then the above will be irrellevant.

I hope he is in it for the reasons we all hope - if so the rest can only be a positive.

I doubt very much there is much if anything to be made in the US for Rangers. 99% plus of yanks have no idea who the US soccer players are and still won't have when most of us are pushing up the bluebells. Ask yourself this, how many punters have you seen walking about glasgow with a Portland timbers top on despite 99% of football fans in Scotland knowing about a Scottish player playing there?

Maybe in your own wee bubble but here in Aberdeen there are yanks a plenty with the oil industry. Everyone knows about soccer or quickly learns if they don't and have any interest in sport.

Was thinking about the sheer scale of possible new income if Bill Miller markets Rangers well in America . I was in New York recently and speaking to a few locals who were quite knowledgable about "soccer" in general and declared they thought the USA would be a world force within 10 years the way the sport is developing over there.

What they didn't seem to be readily aware of that the current USA captain plays for the famous Glasgow Rangers or does Edu. Now I'm thinking Jesus once Mr Miller starts advertising ( have you seem his present truck commercials) the world brand of RFC there must be millions and millions of untapped revenue . It's absolutely mind boggling if you think about the size of that nation !!

been thinking the same since his interest was made public

Australia -- small country small mentality who seem to prefer green/gold t red, white, blue - no money there.

With respect, uninformed view mate.

Our population is over 4 times that of Scotland and we are on an average basis a more wealthy, more sport obsessed country that almost anywhere else on the planet. The market here for Rangers would be huge if we had better marketing and were regularly in the UCL OR made it into the EPL.

And yes the sporting colours are horrid green and gold but look mtg our flag, says it all and it is not going anywhere!