The 3 years out of Europe

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big fucking deal, so we won't be able to get papped out of europe in the first round for the next 3 years? Are people seriously still of the opinion that Miller is going to invest money in the squad to get us to a level where we can even qualify for group stages of european competition? Rangers will cut costs he has said as much that means players leaving wages being cut for those that stay and youth being given a chance, the current squad we have have been fucked out of 4 cup competitions in less than a year by what can only be regarded as shite opposition and unless major investment is given then we have no chance of qualifying for meaningful european competition ie group stages of champions league/ europa league. So 3 years of no europe which allows the manager to build a decent side, founded on youth, ness, mccabe, hutton etc and get the club back on a sound financial footing and allowing these young players to develop without placing a do or die european qualifier on the doorstep one season into their young tenure, is not a bad fucking position to be in given that we very nearly didnt even have a club to support anymore. 3 years is a small price to pay for another 140 years of glory.

Edit: And the best bit we get to laugh at the tims getting fucked oot on their arses every year for 3 years without worrying about the comebacks from them when we do the same.

If the arguement of TBK and "full CVA" haters that Miller's bid is detrimental to us in a way that we can't play in Europe for three years, then it's astounding that they claim to have "the true best interests in the club at heart".

European disqualification for 3 years is a very small price to pay for our clubs survival, and I would question the integrity of any fans support, if they thought anything otherwise. "Gloryhunters" may be a very harsh term, and may not fully apply to the situation, but that's the way it would seem to me.

Support the Rangers wherever they are and whoever they play (or don't play) is my feelings.

I've just stopped listening now, their arguments are so boring and make little sense. :sleep1:

If the club can keep it its history, it is no big deal. Who cares really. We will rise again.

I think this quote from the Scotsman article quoted in here pretty much answers that

Any such alteration of a club’s legal form or structure is deemed to be an interruption to its membership of a UEFA member association and, consequently, three years must pass before a club can apply again for a UEFA licence. In other words, the three-year rule is designed basically to avoid circumvention of the club licensing system.”

My reading of that says that even in UEFA's eyes a newco will just be an interruption to our timeline.

Big fucking deal, so we won't be able to get papped out of europe in the first round for the next 3 years? Are people seriously still of the opinion that Miller is going to invest money in the squad to get us to a level where we can even qualify for group stages of european competition? Rangers will cut costs he has said as much that means players leaving wages being cut for those that stay and youth being given a chance, the current squad we have have been fucked out of 4 cup competitions in less than a year by what can only be regarded as shite opposition and unless major investment is given then we have no chance of qualifying for meaningful european competition ie group stages of champions league/ europa league. So 3 years of no europe which allows the manager to build a decent side, founded on youth, ness, mccabe, hutton etc and get the club back on a sound financial footing and allowing these young players to develop without placing a do or die european qualifier on the doorstep one season into their young tenure, is not a bad fucking position to be in given that we very nearly didnt even have a club to support anymore. 3 years is a small price to pay for another 140 years of glory.

Edit: And the best bit we get to laugh at the tims getting fucked oot on their arses every year for 3 years without worrying about the comebacks from them when we do the same.

Well said that man , it makes perfect sense to have the club running without the need for European income , and when we are eventually allowed back in qualification will be a bonus , it's madness to think that the club would base it's budget on European success.

The way I see it, if we have to take 3 years out of Europe to get our club financially stable and living within it's means, not reliant on that European windfall it will be better for the future of our club!

This dude talks sense

That way European revenue is a bonus

From what they said yesterday one of the main driving factors was to keep us in the SPL and competitive, that’s what you sell season tickets for, that's what you get TV money etc etc...

Getting this done by next Friday was part of the driving factor. Cuts would have keep us going for how much longer...are you really advocating people losing their jobs so your preferred bidder can buy the club.....you sound like a bit of a cunt to be honest..... :sherlock:

P.S. how do you know we are still paying for bartley ?

I don't care who buys us without a newco.

you think we are getting bartley for free? no insurance no meal or travel costs anything?

From what they said yesterday one of the main driving factors was to keep us in the SPL and competitive, that’s what you sell season tickets for, that's what you get TV money etc etc...

Getting this done by next Friday was part of the driving factor. Cuts would have keep us going for how much longer...are you really advocating people losing their jobs so your preferred bidder can buy the club.....you sound like a bit of a cunt to be honest..... :sherlock:

P.S. how do you know we are still paying for bartley ?

I don't care who buys us without a newco.

you think we are getting bartley for free? no insurance no meal or travel costs anything?

then what happens when it takes longer than two weeks...or when murray can't raise the money again ?

The process had to come to an end at some point...it's been on the go for 3 months nex week.....

you make the required cuts like every other business in administration.

so you would make staff cuts so we get out of administaration in your desired way, even though there is still no gaurentee it would work after the savage cuts you are wanting...

yes

do you think there won't be cuts In the newco? or any guarantees of success for that matter.

This is becoming farcical. If Rangers are on the pitch for the first game of the season next year, it will be the one of the biggest and best days our club will have ever seen... Yet Bill Miller haters will be waving banners and flags wanting the man who saved our club out.

Go and play with the jhournos and tim minded the lot of you.

Even if the oldco liquidates it has fuck all to do with the club as of the moment Miller transfers the assets.

Gie's piece and attempt cracking a smile over the fact that a big step has been taken towards survival in any way shape or form.

what a load of pish. do people really believe the players wouldn't take anothe 2 weeks of cuts to get a cva.

ffs.

Really, GS, your disappointment in TBK failure is getting the better of you. I'm genuinely surprised you have voiced nothing of why you think they let the side down.

They must have known (several times) what was needed to win - but could not deliver. I'd like to hear from them why they did not or could not.

And, in learning they are not yet out of the picture, I'd like to know if they still expect to compete. After all, this must have meant something: "I will not rest until I have stretched every sinew to breaking-point in safeguarding the future of this great Club."

Really, GS, your disappointment in TBK failure is getting the better of you. I'm genuinely surprised you have voiced nothing of why you think they let the side down.

They must have known (several times) what was needed to win - but could not deliver. I'd like to hear from them why they did not or could not.

And, in learning they are not yet out of the picture, I'd like to know if they still expect to compete. After all, this must have meant something: "I will not rest until I have stretched every sinew to breaking-point in safeguarding the future of this great Club."

yeah a newcos what's required according to d&p but that's just the lazy way out.

this 3 year ban is just the start of the newco problems.

why?

no wonder you have posted 10000 times on this subject yet failed to grasp the most simple of issues.

After the club is stabilised a sober look at how our club is run and where we can reduce cost base in an ongoing manner can be carried out. A firefighting round of mass redundencies is clearly a different thing as due to the evry nature of the cuts it's short termism designed to keep the club going to a buyer is found and the aforementioned stability is obtained.

You really couldn't work that out..... <cr>