shite about Naismith in ET

Hugh Macdonald thinks he's still writing for Celtic View

STEVEN NAISMITH today delivered a blunt message to his touchline snipers: ''I'll be back even better than before."

The Rangers striker has been the target of critics who have written off his recovery from a second cruciate ligament injury.

He has also been forced to defend himself against accusations that he is in line to leave Rangers, but the 25-year-old Scotland star said: ''You have your doubters, people saying you will never be back. But I am fit and just about raring to go.'' Naismith, speaking exclusively to SportTimes, claimed he is set to return stronger and better to Rangers after being injured at Aberdeen in October.

Naismith was one of the high earners who in March sacrificed 75 per cent of their wages so there would be no job losses among staff. But he has been at the heart of constant speculation about his future, with Rangers rejecting a bid for him from West Brom.

Asked about the doubts about where he would play his football next season, Naismith said: ''I am not in a state of uncertainty. I have certainty. I have a three-year contract.

Has anyone seen anyone doubting his recovery ?

Has Naismith not been crystal clear about his intentions to stay at Ibrox ?

It's not just sloppy sensationalist journalism....there's a deliberate attempt by tarrier journos to undermine us.....

(No shit Sherlock )...I know !

i always have my doubts about players getting back to the best after these types of injuries but i dont jump about saying you wont get back etc.

ive not seen or heard people doubting naisy.

as for the will he/wont he be here next season, that is the situation with every player in our squad and is outwith the fans control.

Tbh that article doesn't read to me as saying that we doubt his recovery and commitment. And there has been uncertainty regarding his future, as there has been with all connected with Rangers.

The story, albeit being a crock of shit, reads to me as being a positive one rather than a negative, as Naismith has ended speculation from his side with regards to his future, and has basically said he will be back to his best. I'm happy with that.

what frightens me is he now has two dodgy knees. Is it now just a matter of when one of them goes, than rather than if one goes? The injury status at RFC has been a nightmare for as long as i remember. Is it the training, lifestyles, doctors? I dont know, something isn't right though.

i always have my doubts about players getting back to the best after these types of injuries but i dont jump about saying you wont get back etc.

ive not seen or heard people doubting naisy.

as for the will he/wont he be here next season, that is the situation with every player in our squad and is outwith the fans control.

This. (tu)

Naismith came back from a similar injury

I've not seen any "touchline snipers" at all or anyone questioning his recovery

Naismith has made it clear before this that his future is at Ibrox

so that article is not just pish but a deliberate attempt to cast asppertions on 'gers supporters and to create a question mark about Naismith's intentions

as for the article being positive....he's asking questions that've already been answered...and claiming that these questions have been asked by us !

where is Hugh Macdonald coming from.....and what is he all about !...he's got previous of course.

Its poor reporting. I mean read the back page turn it over and read the wee blue bit on page 47. Then read the report on page 46. Almost the exact same, same quotes etc. I can't believe the times always do this crap reporting. Told my old dear to stop buying it as of today. Pish pish and more pish