Has Green planned for the transfer ban standing?

It does hopefully give us the opportunity to concentrate on the existing squad and possibly try to renegotiate the contracts of the players who took pay cuts in return for cut price release deals.

If we can offer these guys a little more to stay then we retain the nucleus of a good squad which we can add youth to and possibly bring in some up and coming young guys on loan form the epl or other leagues

They already have release clauses in their contracts.

Exactly my point. We should be looking to try and renegotiate these deals to remove the release clauses so that our prize assets aren't going to be sold on the cheap. If we can't sit players we need to make sure we retain what quality we have

Exactly my point. We should be looking to try and renegotiate these deals to remove the release clauses so that our prize assets aren't going to be sold on the cheap. If we can't sit players we need to make sure we retain what quality we have

Do you believe that they will agree to permanent cuts in pay? Some may do, but most will head off elsewhere.

What them all, are you sure?

Whats the details on each player.

Pure guessing on your part , you know nothing same as me.

But I don't profess to know, theres the difference.

I like facts and base opinions on them.

information on this is pretty freely available online. d&p had to tell prospective buyers.

Never seen it posted about players contracts if thats what you mean.

Would imagine it would be up in minutes if legit

What them all, are you sure?

Whats the details on each player.

Pure guessing on your part , you know nothing same as me.

But I don't profess to know, theres the difference.

I like facts and base opinions on them.

You didn't rely on facts in the thread about going to Div.3, but hey ho.

In answer to the OP question...I think it might have crossed their mind to have an alternate strategy in place for the event that we can't sign new players for next season, such as negotiate the contracts of the players we already have who indicate they want to stay.

Those who have said they would prefer to stay can prove it by renegotiating their pre-administration contracts,while those who want to chase the money elsewhere can be sold for whatever we can get for them.

I would be mighty surprised if Green and his consortium suddenly say; "Aw we weren't expecting THIS could happen" and decide to withdraw their bid.

I for one aren't going to suddenly concede defeat in next seasons title race when we don't even know EXACTLY what players we will have in our squad. :pipe:

If, and it may be a big if, we can keep our existing players we will be ok.

The big problem is up front. If Naismith stays and is fit we can play him there. Hopefully, McCoist can patch things up with Lafferty.

That would at least give us two decent strikers.

Hopefully the taigs spunk out big money to try to get into the champions league, and then get pumped out the qualifiers as usual.

The big problem is up front. If Naismith stays and is fit we can play him there. Hopefully, McCoist can patch things up with Lafferty.

Hopefully the taigs spunk out big money to try to get into the champions league, and then get pumped out the qualifiers as usual.

Do you believe that they will agree to permanent cuts in pay? Some may do, but most will head off elsewhere.

No,I don't think they'd agree to permanent cuts but I think that if we had no transfer budget we could use what would have been that budget to put these guys back to ore admin wages as an incentive for them to remove these clauses from their deals.

I agree that I think we will still lose some of the squad but hopefully we can keep as many as possible, and ideally pour best quality players, especially Davis mcgregor and Naismith

there is one flaw in these comments...

Green is stipulated that European football is HUGE in terms of taking the club forward...in some respects we rely on it...

By not being able to sign players, and the POTENTIAL for a number of senior players to leave will put us in the very real situation we will miss out on CL again...as i right in thinking that we only have 1 place for next season?

Whilst we have some good youth coming through, i am not sure it will be enough to challenge for the title if we were to lose the likes of Davis, Boca, Laff etc...

there is one flaw in these comments...

Green is stipulated that European football is HUGE in terms of taking the club forward...in some respects we rely on it...

By not being able to sign players, and the POTENTIAL for a number of senior players to leave will put us in the very real situation we will miss out on CL again...as i right in thinking that we only have 1 place for next season?

Whilst we have some good youth coming through, i am not sure it will be enough to challenge for the title if we were to lose the likes of Davis, Boca, Laff etc...

I see what you are getting at, but I cannot see Green with us for the long haul: he is a venture capitalist; his job is to tidy all this up and move us on at a profit; no spending on players will fit in rather neatly to that, providing we manage to stay in the SPL.