Sky Sports Subscription

Rupret

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cancelled it three weeks ago; I have one more week of it then it is farewell till Rangers get a fair treatment.

Phone them back.

When I tell them why I was cancelling he went and spoke to his boss. When he came back he said cause it was a good cause they'll reduce my bill instead.

There is a thing called card sharing.

I am working in Newcastle and no pubs have official sky.

I have been told it is £12 per month for a pub!!!

That is every channel inc sat games

I am looking into it. The box is Linux based with an Internet link to do the business part of it.

Goggle it.

No lose situation for us.

There is a thing called card sharing.

I am working in Newcastle and no pubs have official sky.

I have been told it is £12 per month for a pub!!!

That is every channel inc sat games

I am looking into it. The box is Linux based with an Internet link to do the business part of it.

Goggle it.

No lose situation for us.

Bluebells try fid out ma... I used to use a thig called a 'd-box' did same thig (letter after m has stopped workig o keyboard argh...

sky is up for cancellation asap watch most games on firstrow and that normally comes up with either espn or rangers tv stream cost nowt so why pay for something when you can get it for nothing.

P.S fuck sky canny stand them fucking commentators anyway

the boycott will come to fvck all anyway, at least if we get a discount were getting something out of it.

The point isn't to get something out of it,the point was to show sponsors their support of the sfa would cost them money. Not a discount ffs.

I cancelled my SkySports down at the beginning of the month along with ESPN. I also asked the guyto add a note to my account specifying that I had cancelled thesubscription down due the SFA's excessive sanctions against rangers andthat I would no longer associate myself with any of the SFA sponsors until suchsanctions were removed. Luckily Sky Sports hasn't been deactivatedyet, so I haven't missed any games and also saw the end of the premier league lastweekend. I'm going to miss the F1 and the kids are going to kill me since theywill miss the Wrestling but needs must. Hopefully it will all be sorted by the start of next season so I don't miss any Rangers games.

Just asking a question so Sky Sports and ESPN cancels it contract to screen SPL games. Then what do we do to make money, bring in sponsorship, and broadcast our games and raise awareness of our brand?

Remember we cant broadcast our individual games while under a SPL banner. So that idea is out the window.

The sky sports deal is probably one of the primary reasons we're not being thrown out the league as it's dependant on our participation.

If we boycott them, and they decide to pull the plug on their sponsorship, I'd imagine we'd be in an even worse position, and possibly would have been open to even greater sanctions than what was put on us.

With Sky Sports having virtual control over how many clubs are in the SPL, the must have games and such like, they obviously hold a lot of sway with the SPL and SFA (to a certain amount).

With £80 million invested over five years, I presume they are make a healthy enough profit on their investment, I would suspect at least 40% of their revenue is coming directly from Rangers supporters.

I for one, come 30th May, if there are any more draconian penalties would cancel my Sky Sports, explaining why. Mind you it would have no effect though unless, thousands of us did it.

Apologies if this has been posted before, I haven't seen it, but any thoughts on this?

I am in Africa until the 5th June but will be cancelling my Sky subscription soon as I get home.

I stream my football these days. Save a fortune and get football from all over the world for a mere £5 a month.

so do I, but I don't pay anything

I've got to say the one time I paid (it was a uefa game we played away) the quality was much better

Cancelled my sports subs on sky yesterday, the woman on the phone said that they were aware of our situation and then read out a statement to me from sky which said "blah blah blah blah keep givin us your money blah blah blah" and tried to make me change my mind. It didn't work.

Just asking a question so Sky Sports and ESPN cancels it contract to screen SPL games. Then what do we do to make money, bring in sponsorship, and broadcast our games and raise awareness of our brand?

Remember we cant broadcast our individual games while under a SPL banner. So that idea is out the window.

You can't reason with them, mate.