St Johnstone chairman says no to Rangers ‘newco’ without sanctions

St Johnstone chairman says no to Rangers ‘newco’ without sanctions

St Johnstone chairman Steve Brown has insisted that he will not vote for a “newco” Rangers to be readmitted to the Scottish Premier League without sanction.

The SPL chairmen will vote next week on changes to the league’s rules which could impose set penalties for any club that exits administration by a newco route.

Existing rules allow the SPL membership to be transferred to a “newco” if approved by the league board but any sanction is discretionary.

Fans of other SPL clubs have made it known that they oppose any Rangers ‘newco’ being approved without punishment and Brown says he understands their concerns.

“I can relate to that,” he told STV. “I’ve been a supporter, am still a supporter and I’ve been on supporters’ buses, trains and on the terraces.

“If I’ve got a vote then I certainly will not let Rangers in without sanctions. That will not happen.”

Brown stressed that with prospective Rangers owner Charles Green still keen to see the club exit administration through a CVA, any discussion of the Ibrox club transferring their SPL share was hypothetical. However, he said that he was not alone in believing that it was a strategy that would have to incur sanction.

“The feeling from the people I’ve spoken to from within the chairmen’s ranks is that they won’t let Rangers in with a ‘get out free card’,” he explained. “That won’t happen.

“I think Rangers themselves and the majority of supporters accept that they’re going to have to get some form of punishment. That’s wholly accepted throughout the game. It has to happen.”

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/st-johnstone/102749-st-johnstone-chairman-says-no-to-rangers-newco-without-sanctions/

It's going to be a long summer.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's what this cunt will be looking for when his shitty little fucking club goes oot the geeme next year, any Bear who puts a penny, a single penny into this cunts coffers at any point in the future should hang there head in shame. I'm fed up of these bastards having digs we already been punished more than any other side in the history of the game give it a fucking rest now.

“I think Rangers themselves and the majority of supporters accept that they’re going to have to get some form of punishment. That’s wholly accepted throughout the game. It has to happen.”

So does the transfer embargo, the numerous fines, the points deduction, the "making up of rules as they go alone" by the SFA not equate to any form of punishment in his eyes? Really?

If the same thing were to happen to Man united in England, Barcelona in Spain or Bayern Munich in Germany - do you think we would see them being barbarically rounded on from top to bottom ? The SPL owes Rangers, for the co-efficient we have drawn, for the SKY TV deal we attracted and for the countless supporters that have attended their matches.

If the same thing were to happen to Man united in England, Barcelona in Spain or Bayern Munich in Germany - do you think we would see them being barbarically rounded on from top to bottom ? The SPL owes Rangers, for the co-efficient we have drawn, for the SKY TV deal we attracted and for the countless supporters that have attended their matches.

Unfortunately in this country the rabid, often disturbing, hatred and contempt for our club greatly outweighs any common sense.

Unfortunately in this country the rabid, often disturbing, hatred and contempt for our club greatly outweighs any common sense.

If it weren't for Rangers, there wouldn't be Scottish football on the radar. We could have got rid of celtic a long a time ago and got on with it alone, not allowing the bitter hatred in this country to grow arms and legs.

It's what this cunt will be looking for when his shitty little fucking club goes oot the geeme next year, any Bear who puts a penny, a single penny into this cunts coffers at any point in the future should hang there head in shame. I'm fed up of these bastards having digs we already been punished more than any other side in the history of the game give it a fucking rest now.

Well said mate

st johnstone being one of the financially well ran clubs in the SPL, this was always going to be the case with him

Its a lot easier for a club with barely any debt to cover a couple of hundred grand loss of our fans money, than a club like Killie in multi millions of debt

Agreed

I hate bastards like him who act like we've had no punishment. 12 month player ban an a couple a fines to boot. I hope there is a boycott of away stadia, it really is the only weapon the support has that will have a real effect.

If our long term plan is staying in Scottish Football, then grudgingly we'll just need to accept it and play the long game.

If our long term plan isn't staying in Scottish Football, then we should call their bluff and just resign from the SPL serve out our 2 year notice (or not reapply if we are indeed a newco). Lets see how they would react then. UEFA would get involved and lets see for sure where we do stand.

st johnstone being one of the financially well ran clubs in the SPL, this was always going to be the case with him

Its a lot easier for a club with barely any debt to cover a couple of hundred grand loss of our fans money, than a club like Killie in multi millions of debt

Not quite true mate, they couldnt offer contracts to existing players that they would have liked to due to the Rangers situation according to Lomas.

Obviously not my preferred outcome, but I would fucking love it if we got newcoed, got the sanctions, boycotted all the bastard teams, forcing them into administration. Then, when they can't reach a CVA, they are newcoed instead and hit with the same sanctions as us, relegating them or sending them into oblivion.

If them cunts want to destroy Scottish football, fucking let them. There will always be a Rangers to support, regardless if they are playing in the 3rd division or the SPL, the majority of us will follow on. The same can't be said about these shitty clubs. If Sheep fans can only muster 90 of them to visit Killie, can you imagine how many would turn up at a home match against Stranraer.

Cunts, the lot of them.

Oh well. Get their names in the book.

We'll see how smug he is when he's looking at an empty stadium and no food takings.

Couple that with pittance tv money and they will be making serious cutbacks very shortly.

Pity help any of these clubs that go into administration as the precedent has now been set for punishments.

Rangers will survive these draconian measures due to their huge fanbase, but these diddy clubs will not.

We will press for maximum punishments on any of them that go under. All in the interests of sporting integrity you understand.

Not quite true mate, they couldnt offer contracts to existing players that they would have liked to due to the Rangers situation according to Lomas.

Probably why they would like Rangers to only get 25% of TV income to cover the losses. These bastards don't half want to have their cake and eat it :wanker:

Probably why they would like Rangers to only get 25% of TV income to cover the losses. These bastards don't half want to have their cake and eat it :wanker:

See tbh the sanctions we have recieved have already gone over and above all the sanctions ANY other SPL side has faced for going into administration. I can see the SFA's point on a transfer embargo if it means we cant pay cash for a player for a year say but on all player registrations??

Do Rangers have to accept a reduced tv money ruling or could the club say fuck off to sky and their cameras until we get our proper share?

thats true, but thats them basically budgeting without cash brought in by rangers

at least they are financially stable enough to think that way, its not like they need our money to pay wages like dunfermline or killie would be

So does the transfer embargo, the numerous fines, the points deduction, the "making up of rules as they go alone" by the SFA not equate to any form of punishment in his eyes? Really?

I am amazed - shocked to be honest - that what we have in penalties, fines and embargoes already is not considered to be enough already.

Death by a thousand cuts is what they want.

Fuck you St Johnstone and all like you :wanker: