what Neil Doncaster said

SPL vote on the 6'th June on Newco penalties

but they can't be retrospective

if we want to avoid any penalties SPL vote on

Then we've got to liquidate before then

Interesting, when was this? The SPL are as bad at delaying decision as D & P.

I am thinking this too. But is it also the case that the SFA transfer embargo wouldn't apply to a newco?

The reason I ask this that a very good mate of mine is just back from Portugal where he met David Goodwillie & Sone Aluko amongst other players from various clubs.

My mate got talking to them and Goodwillie stated he will be the first new signing once the transfer carry on is sorted. Aluko said he is also desperate to stay.

Goodwillie also stated that he should have signed last season but because Thomson got his fingers burnt in a previous dealing with Whyte, he demanded Whyte stumped up the full amount which he refused to do and the deal fell through.

My mate is not given to taking the piss on these matters and he got the impression Goodwillie is looking at a deal sooner rather than later.

Which is why I posed the question re the transfer embargo and newco.

No the embargo would apply I think.Logically if we transfer the history and SPL membership the embargo will also follow

but we wouldn't need to register Aluko....he's already registered

the embargo is against the registration of players with the SFA

Aluko's already registered

What " dealings " did Thomson get his fingers burnt with whyte ?

Sounds like a load of shite if you ask me

Goodwillie will be desperate to show he's good enough in the championship and getting paid way more than what he would get here

[/quAs far as Aluko That's right but we couldn't sign players not registered like Goodwillieote]

I've heard that any new penalties voted in can only apply to next season. When does that officially start? Is it match day 1?

I have always assumed new penalties would start at the start of next season - but that was one of the things they were voting on - to bring them in as from the date of the meeting (14th May rings a bell) and it was that part that was unjust. Penatlies seem actually needed if we are to prevent a CW situation again - it was the timing while we were in 'difficulties' that were the fking stupid bit.

I always asume start of the season is first 'real' game ?

What " dealings " did Thomson get his fingers burnt with whyte ?

Sounds like a load of shite if you ask me

Goodwillie will be desperate to show he's good enough in the championship and getting paid way more than what he would get here

You may well be right mate, there was no further info given by Goodwillie on this but I have no reason to doubt my mate's word for it. He has never taken the piss in the past and I see no reason why he would make this up.

Maybe Goodwillie like Aluko, actually wants to play for the Gers who knows?

Don't we have an option to extend his contract?

As much as I can't stand Thomson, Whyte acted disgracefully in his various attempts to sign Goodwillie, I wouldn't have dealt with him either.

I'm pretty sure the transfer embargo still stands with a newco, couldn't be completely sure though.