***Official Inverness CT v Rangers Thread***

trueblue1872

The ones who are saying this is a disgrace need their heads looking at. We have no right to win these games

Yes we have no right to win these games but we SHOULD be winning them. Caley are probably going to find themselves in a relegation battle this year and we should not be losing to teams like them and Dundee United. We are capable of much better than this.

I agree by the way that Sebo clearly needs more time but I think where the despondency comes from is that he has not shown anything really so far, apart from an ability to work hard and I could offer that.

I really feel sorry for the guy and hope he proves everyone wrong.

The inconsistency of this team is what is so hard to take. I think we need a few more experienced players in the club who will exert a greater influence on matches. Lilian Thuram would be ideal. (Before you jump down my throat it's not a serious suggestion)

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, John Fleck, that's sensible

You play Football Manager by any chance?

By that reasoning you reckon we shouldn't have reserves at all?

Because you're implying we shouldn't play players from there at all in the first team.

I assume you were complaining when N'Daiye started against Partizan?

And of course you were spot on with such complaint. Wait a minute...

The reserves are there when we need them - mocking the notion of using them from time to time in our first team makes me wonder exactly what your football philosophies are.

Yes i do, but it wasn't that serious a suggestion (hence the ninja mask emoticon)

I realise due to injuries that Sebo is really our only choice, and I support his selection, to a point... he really needs to start scoring though. He IS a striker after all, and a 1.8mil one at that.

EDIT - Also agree with Danny

has Fleck turned 16 yet?

Come on man, I know you are angry after tonight but for goodness sake try to be sensible

And anyway, Fleck plays in midfield.

So you would advocate playing a boy who (I believe) is 15 in a SPL game in Inverness out of position?

No I did not complain with the selection in the Partizan game, those were all seasoned professionals in that game who were used to playing games at a senior level.

And why would I complain anyway? What is that going to achieve?

Well, we will find out in approx 30 months if it has turned out to be a waste.

Yeah, i was surprised we paid out that sort of money for any player, never mind someone of that age, but still, PLG is my teams guardian and I am willing to go with him - his track record is a tad better than mine

By that reasoning you reckon we shouldn't have reserves at all?

Because you're implying we shouldn't play players from there at all in the first team.

I assume you were complaining when N'Daiye started against Partizan?

And of course you were spot on with such complaint. Wait a minute...

The reserves are there when we need them - mocking the notion of using them from time to time in our first team makes me wonder exactly what your football philosophies are.

The boy is 16 and has never played for the 1st team. From what my friend has told me (and he goes to watch the reserves quite regularly) and from what I saw of him in the schoolboys stuff, he looks like a great player but has a long way to go to fill out. Putting him on from the start in an away match scrap on a cold night in Inverness vs a side furiously trying to avoid relegation is hardly the place to blood a youngster like that.

If he took a bad injury at his age it could be devastating to his career.

N'diaye played in a comparatively meaningless european match, hardly the same thing.

I don't think he was implying that nobody from the reserves should ever play in the 1st team, merely that just because a player has potential, it is very rare that a player instantly blossoms when moved up a level. Very few players successfully break through to the senior squad at the age of 16. Rooney and Milner spring to mind but both of them (and in particular the former) were physically very mature at that age. From all accounts, Fleck is not. A proper experience in the youth team and gradual introduction to senior football will be best for the boy in the long-term and that is the most important thing.

has Fleck turned 16 yet?

Come on man, I know you are angry after tonight but for goodness sake try to be sensible

So you would advocate playing a boy who (I believe) is 15 in a SPL game in Inverness out of position?

For a start I'd argue if you're good enough, you're old enough. Rooney sure was at 16, no?

As for the midfield issue, aye, ok, I accept that point.

has Fleck turned 16 yet? 

For a start I'd argue if you're good enough, you're old enough. Rooney sure was at 16, no?

As for the midfield issue, aye, ok, I accept that point.

I wonder if the players are happy on the ride home.

No I did not complain with the selection in the Partizan game, those were all seasoned professionals in that game who were used to playing games at a senior level.

And why would I complain anyway? What is that going to achieve?

So you do fully advocate the use of reserve players in the first team when we need them? Fair enough (tu)

Furthermore, I fail to understand your staunch overall defence of Sebo. It seems to beggar all logic.

Yeah, i was surprised we paid out that sort of money for any player, never mind someone of that age, but still, PLG is my teams guardian and I am willing to go with him - his track record is a tad better than mine

Fair point! I'm no football manager (but I'm only 18! B) ) and I think PLG knows best. He did inherit a tough job after all. It's not just Sebo after all! PLG needs a good January transfer window. Because the Gers fans demand virtually instant success... and as far as my memory goes back (not long I'll admit, I know how bad it has been in the past) the manager has delivered in the beginning. So it's tough but we will be back on top soon enough... I believe ;)

Do you honestly believe any team would persist with a donkey for 3 years?

If PLG said that, it was to buy time imo, with the hope a slow few months for Sebo would kick into gear by maybe about November.

The ones who are saying this is a disgrace need their heads looking at. We have no right to win these games

BTW, the 3 year comment by PLG was made on the day we signed Sebo.

At the time we were going to play with 1 up front and had plenty of options so that Sebo could take time to improve.

Now with playing 2 up front, and 3 injured, he has to play.

Just some info for those who continue to see through blinkers

Le Guen never once said it would take Sebo 3 years.

Sebo is p*sh and Le Guen knows it!

Just got back in from watching the game at our supporters club in Washington DC.

An absolute feckin disgrace, no spirit, no fight, and played at a pedestrian pace !!!

We never competed for any of the second balls, and even when we did go in for challenges they looked like complete shitebags (Adam, Sionko, Papac).

On the left side of the pitch tonight we were an embarrassment. Adam was extremely poor, while Papac is a comedy act. Shocking performance.

Every ball played forward by ICT was collected by their players and laid off to oncoming midfielders, we never had that. Long balls pumped up to Sebo and Novo were knocked down for their players to collect. I watch nearly every game over here and that has to be one of the most gutless performances that I have seen.

In my opinion we need to buy, or blood from the reserves, a right back, a left back (for cover when Smith is out), 2 wide players for either wing and a commanding centre half to play alongside Svensson. No offence to Hemdani, I think he is an extremely tidy player, but in the SPL he just can't cut it in that position.

What gives our players the right to think that they can go to places like Inverness and Falkirk and expect to pick up 3 points. Against the 'bigger' named teams in recent weeks we have rolled up our sleeves and got stuck in, but not tonight, looked like they thought they could have a stroll for 90 minutes and leave with all the points. <pbag>

I do advocate using reserve team players when needed. Todays game is a squad game

My understanding of Fleck is that he has only played for the U-19s up to this point, and at that he has only just started at that level.

I am not defending Sebo - I just havent formed an opinion of him. I am defending PLG more than him, as he said at the start it woudl take three years but circumstances have forseen that we have to use him now.

Why would Le Guen pay ?1,800,000 for a 22 year old who is going to take 3 years to settle and become a player?

I could understand if the guy was 16,17 or 18 and a wonderkid, but not some useless donkey who had been playing in the Austrian league.

To me that does not make sence.

What gives our players the right to think that they can go to places like Inverness and Falkirk and expect to pick up 3 points. Against the 'bigger' named teams in recent weeks we have rolled up our sleeves and got stuck in, but not tonight, looked like they thought they could have a stroll for 90 minutes and leave with all the points. <pbag>

Spot on. That kind of attitude has always driven me ballistic whenever I see it on the pitch. We HAVE to fight for the whole 90 minutes - nothing is a given just because we are Rangers FC (ESPECIALLY with this squad). After a result like tonight's , some gaffers of yore would've driven tackety boots so far up the collective arse of this team that they wouldn't sit for a month. Looks like that approach is what is desperately needed at the moment.

The Fleck comment I made was meant as a joke, I'm unsure if he is ready for 1st team football yet. Chiefly because I'm no PLG, or Ian Durrant etc.

Maybe we should get Coisty in to show Sebo a thing or two? Teach him how to score :P

(Or maybe to pull on the jersey again? :ph43r: )