Gillete

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Div III for me.

If we can't be in Europe for three years, let's not do anything financially to help the clubs who want our scalps. Div III teams will be pickled to come to Ibrox. Their entire towns could fit in there! The atmosphere will be the same, blood the youth and grow Rangers FC from the ground up.

Scottish Football. We can either be a part of it, or apart from it. Either way, we will carry on. I will renew my internet subscription/iphone app and I will buy a kit regardless of what division we're in. I think Ally would really shine with the youngsters too as we move up the ranks.. legitimately.. then horserape the teams who by then will be so financially poor off they'll throw a parade at Rangers return.

If possible, wherever they'd let us in down in England would be my preferred option, second and more realistic would be Div 3, but I think the most likely outcome will be severe penalties for the 'pleasure' of playing in the SPL.

You know what that's not a bad point. If we get into the lowest England division and work our way up.. vs getting into the lowest Scottish division and work our way up.. even a blind man could see the benefit there?

Nice one.

How can we assume we will be up in 3? We will have to play our youth (assuming they stay!!) for a while and then we will have to work our way up the spl, this is going to take longer than 3 seasons Im afraid.

why would they leave??? they are regularly punted off to the lower leagues - this time, they actually get to play for us. i want div 3 if we cant get into the English league. with no Europe anyway, its a no-brainer. i dont want other fans turning their noses up at us that they let us in. particularly since we are so needed in the SPL. no-one will watch that crap if we are not there.

we'll be back in 3 years easy. just got to make sure we have a long term plan regarding playing style and bringing younger kids through the ranks.

Anyone who wants a newco Rangers in he Spl is a rocket.

We will be more than likely offering incentives to the smaller clubs for their vote to stay in the SPL.

WHY?...... because it's better for the club in the long term. Not only would be be killing the SPL by opting for div 3 but we will be killing ourselves. This is why clubs are ran by business men and not narrow minded fans.

All depends on the spl penalties. The harsher they become the more attractive Div 3 becomes.

But what owner or investor whether its Green, PM, BK or whoever will sign up in the first place to this ?

Div 3 2012/13?

Rangers

Annan Athletic

Berwick

Clyde

East Stirling

Elgin

Montrose

Peterhead

Queens Park

Stranraer

If we applied to the English league

Is there a law that stops us from applying ?

according to a post I saw elsewhere possibly no (the wording of the English FA's last statement being that they would not accept an application from another association (it all hinging whether we were still part of the SFA or not).... seems a bit flimsy to me tho.

We will be more than likely offering incentives to the smaller clubs for their vote to stay in the SPL.

WHY?...... because it's better for the club in the long term. Not only would be be killing the SPL by opting for div 3 but we will be killing ourselves. This is why clubs are ran by business men and not narrow minded fans.

:lol:

So if Gretna applied for the Spl today you would support there bid?

Would this count for all the other teams who are not in the leagues?

Killing ourselves? Think Murray and Whyte have already done that.

:lol:

So if Gretna applied for the Spl today you would support there bid?

Would this count for all the other teams who are not in the leagues?

Killing ourselves? Think Murray and Whyte have already done that.

Exactly what are you getting at?

At first you were going on about sticking it to the SPL. Now are you taking the moral stance for why we should be in the 3rd division?

Yes damaging ourselves more than we have to. You want to take a 3 year hiatus with even more loss of revenue so we can climb all the way back up to the SPL that we're trying to ruin? Where's the sense in that?

Exactly what are you getting at?

At first you were going on about sticking it to the SPL. Now are you taking the moral stance for why we should be in the 3rd division?

Yes damaging ourselves more than we have to. You want to take a 3 year hiatus with even more loss of revenue so we can climb all the way back up to the SPL that we're trying to ruin? Where's the sense in that?

Think it through.

As it stands we need a whole new team. We would need ALOT of money to get the quality of players we have now, with no European football.

I'd rather us get ourselves sorted out and they bastards suffer than us suffering and they bastards making money out of it.

Think it through.

As it stands we need a whole new team. We would need ALOT of money to get the quality of players we have now, with no European football.

I'd rather us get ourselves sorted out and they bastards suffer than us suffering and they bastards making money out of it.

And what? You think the revenue will from playing in Div's 3,2,1 will give us all that money in time for making it back into the SPL?

It sounds like you want us to take a cut in revenue so that they can take a cut in revenue without realising that they would still be making more money than us. F**K ME BTW!!!!

I think your the guy that needs to figure things out.

Don't you see how moronic that would be.... Honestly!

And what? You think the revenue will from playing in Div's 3,2,1 will give us all that money in time for making it back into the SPL?

It sounds like you want us to take a cut in revenue so that they can take a cut in revenue without realising that they would still be making more money than us. F**K ME BTW!!!!

I think your the guy that needs to figure things out.

Don't you see how moronic that would be.... Honestly!

We make about 1 million from the Spl, Massive loss.

We would be running on a profit. That's the way it will be!

Anyway, There is no chance that 8/12 clubs will vote for us to stay.

We'd be running a profit unless our existing playing squad chose to stay. How much did Alloa Athletic make for winning this seasons 3rd division?

You havn't read anything I've wrote. We will get the vote. I've already outlined why.

Exactly how big a profit do you expect to be turning in the 3rd division. Taking into consideration that you want to scupper our t.v deal by going into division 3. The spl will still have one. It might not be worth much but it all adds up.