Division 3 please

Gillete

All depends on the spl penalties. The harsher they become the more attractive Div 3 becomes.

But what owner or investor whether its Green, PM, BK or whoever will sign up in the first place to this ?

Div 3 2012/13?

Rangers

Annan Athletic

Berwick

Clyde

East Stirling

Elgin

Montrose

Peterhead

Queens Park

Stranraer

Any good investor should be looking for a long term strategy. yes, i agree that short term, playing teams like this isnt going to be attractive (no offence intended for any fans of these teams). But in the long term, we should be in a more stable footing, and likely have a better, more confident team.

I would argue that if we stay in the SPL, and have sanctions, we will be worse off. even without sanctions, (and it hurts me to say this), i dont think McCoist has the managerial know-how to be able to beat a very poor-to-average scumtic team. maybe three years in the lower leagues could be the making of him.

edit: my main thoughts are that it will be refreshing for us to take a long term (at least 3 year) view on things, rather than the usual one year 'us against them' thinking we've employed for decades

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How would 3rd div work? Would we still charge SPL match prices? Will the overall matchday expenses still be same price? If we charge same season ticket price will we be savin extra by time we hopefully get back to SPL? Who is goin to want to play for us? Even run of the mill SPL players probably wouldnt want to play in 3rd div

We'd be running a profit unless our existing playing squad chose to stay. How much did Alloa Athletic make for winning this seasons 3rd division?

Alloa are lucky to get 500 people every home game m

We will have no debt

Total profit so can you imagine we will get 40000 of people paying

Obviously we won't have £20k a wk players now but we build our youth and for when we are back , the money is there for us to buy and get the odd bosman etc

The JJB deal is fucked now so we will make money on all merchandise

You havn't read anything I've wrote. We will get the vote. I've already outlined why.

Exactly how big a profit do you expect to be turning in the 3rd division. Taking into consideration that you want to scupper our t.v deal by going into division 3. The spl will still have one. It might not be worth much but it all adds up.

3rd division-

We will have a share issue, 30-40,000 season tickets and possibly our own tv deal.

1 million tops for a new team.

Small contracts.

Must be turning a profit in there somewhere.

Spl-

Share issue, 30-40,000 st's, 1 million from Spl.

30-40 million for a new team, considering they all leave.

Big contracts. No European football for 3 years.

Put ourselves in some mess.

I know which one puts us in a better situation for our future.

We will have no debt

Obviously we won't have £20k a wk players now but we build our youth and for when we are back , the money is there for us to buy and get the odd bosman etc

So why cant we stay in the SPL and still do this? <cr>

3rd division-

We will have a share issue, 30-40,000 season tickets and possibly our own tv deal.

Small contracts.

Spl-

Why £30-40m for a new team? And why big contracts? There is no need for either of them.

3rd division-

Small contracts.

Spl-

This doesn't even merit a response.

You must be part of that 'Lunatic Fringe' Super was going on about.

We will have no debt

What did they make in prize money?

Why would contracts be smaller? If every player chooses to stay then their terms and conditions are protected by TUPE. So how exactly do they become 'smaller contracts'?

Please explain how we 'obviously won't have 20k a wk players'? Are they all going to choose terminate their deals? Is this a regular occurence when teams in the uk Newco?

Why wont we get our own merch in the SPL?

Do you mean those 'new tops' which are already on sale?

The total profit on 40,000 paying. To watch East Stirling? When we had 18,000 for a cup tie with Kilmarnock not too long ago? Or 30,000 for a Europa League tie vs PSV Eindhoven? But 40,000 a week? Sure about that?

Its very weird that so many prefer the 3rd Division, oddly I too like it! Not only do I believe a whole rebirth, starting from scratch, ditching any gloryhunters and gradually building our strength to what we once were of recent times is the correct path to go I also think it will be wonderful for Scottish football. The lower leagues will have such a spotlight placed onto them, the clubs will gain from our visiting fans, all round, yes we will be making the sacrafice but Scottish football will win :D