Here I stand....

D'Artagnan

There is a wonderful story from the Struth era at Ibrox about an away day at Shawfield. Struth asks the Ibrox kit man if the medical bag is all prepared and is met with a suggestion that “I thought we could borrow Clyde's should the need arise” Of course you can imagine the great man's response. The milder version suggests he told our kit man that we were Rangers and we would rely on no-one.

Milder version or not its a good ethos to take hold of – we are Rangers and we will rely on no-one else. Perhaps its something Charles Green wants to take hold of as he goes cap in hand grovelling around every SPL chairmen hoping to secure a vote for his newco back into the SPL. At least Charlie boy has been honest about 1 thing – he's only in it for the money and of course gaining entry to the SPL, even with sanctions, will make the money making dream come true sooner for Charlie.

But here's the problem Charlie. We the fans are not in it for the money. Nor the glory. Not are we in short term – ours is a lifetime commitment. So when we see supporters of other clubs revelling in our current demise...when we see them threaten to boycott their own clubs if they vote in a newco Rangers..(despite the predictions of a financial meltdown from the Arab trust should Rangers not be re-admitted)... then perhaps I don't want to go where I am most certainly not wanted.

You see Charlie that's the problem with hitting rock bottom....and we have certainly hit that rock called bottom......once you get there you have nothing left but your dignity and your honour. I never cheated....I never avoided paying any tax....I followed my club faithfully and will continue to do so. Here I stand I can do no other.

You would perhaps expect reasonably minded people to take the following viewpoint as Oliver Kay.....

@OliverKayTimes: Rangers to be liquidated? Jeez. Some will say the club deserve it for cheating HMRC. As so often, those who deserve it are not "the club".

@OliverKayTimes: It could happen to your club. The people who threaten Rangers, Portsmouth etc aren't "the club". They're just businessmen - crap businessmen

But they dont. Take a look around some other clubs message board forums....or the responses to newspapers columns....they want Rangers hung drawn and quartered. And apparently Scottish football will survive fine without us. Well ok fine lets let them get on with it.

But you know what....I really don't want Green to go grovelling to those who hate us to broker some kind of deal which sees us re-elected to the SPL with considerable penalties. Furthermore I want to make sure the slate is wiped clean with regard to our punishment. I never did the crime...but I was apathetic enough to let others who did run my club. I was here before them. I am here despite them. And I will be here long after they have gone. And I'm happy to do “the time”.

So forget about re-entry to the SPL.

Lets go down to Div 3 of the SFL. Lets us work our way back up with honour, integrity and hard work not some dirty back door deal with those who cant even abide our very presence.

Don't worry about revenue Charlie boy.....50,000 bears every other week will make sure of plenty of revenue. And perhaps if you stay around for a bit you will begin to get an understanding of what this club and its support are all about.

Great read, we are the club. Us as fans hold more power than anyone else in this, without us Rangers is nothing. Sfl division 3 for me aswell, no point in us staying in the spl just to help out the misfits at the helm of Scottish football, let them rot and we will emerge stronger than ever.

I would accept div 3 if it was our punishment but there is no dignity in being spiteful.

More chance of being lap-dogs to their spitfullness if we are allowed to slither back into the SPL as some form of Newco with whatever trumped up sanctions they decide to impose on us.

But you know what....I really don't want Green to go grovelling to those who hate us to broker some kind of deal which sees us re-elected to the SPL with considerable penalties. Furthermore I want to make sure the slate is wiped clean with regard to our punishment. I never did the crime...but I was apathetic enough to let others who did run my club. I was here before them. I am here despite them. And I will be here long after they have gone. And I'm happy to do “the time”.

So forget about re-entry to the SPL.

Lets go down to Div 3 of the SFL. Lets us work our way back up with honour, integrity and hard work not some dirty back door deal with those who cant even abide our very presence.

Don't worry about revenue Charlie boy.....50,000 bears every other week will make sure of plenty of revenue. And perhaps if you stay around for a bit you will begin to get an understanding of what this club and its support are all about.

Brilliant post. Let's get back to doing things the Rangers way. Fuck the glory hunters.

More chance of being lap-dogs to their spitfullness if we are allowed to slither back into the SPL as some form of Newco with whatever trumped up sanctions they decide to impose on us.

Exactly Smitzer....I certainly dont want those who hate us dictating our terms.