Dave King on Green/McCoist.

PRW.

Ally McCoist is set to stay on as Rangers manager following Ibrox summit talks with new chief executive Charles Green.

Warned by former Ibrox director Dave King of an alleged plot to dispense with his services, McCoist was reported to be on the verge of quitting.

On Friday night, however, he was back on a family holiday after a Rangers spokesman confirmed 'constructive' talks with Green.

Angrily dismissing suggestions he ever planned to ditch McCoist, Green insists he has never met Dave King, let alone discussed the manager's future with him.

However, King told Sportsmail from South Africa that the two DID discuss the matter by telephone - and that Green also told him of plans to slash the manager's salary as part of a huge cost-cutting operation.

Preparing to fly to Glasgow to add his financial weight to the Walter Smith takeover consortium, King said: 'I can't comment on Ally's situation.

'What I can tell you as an absolute fact is that when I had a discussion with Charles Green - and Ally would no doubt be aware of it - he made it clear to me that he would not continue with a manager at the wage level Ally was being paid.

'My understanding from that was he'd replace Ally or say to him: "I want you to work for half your wages".

'It is 100-per-cent correct that Green said that to me. I don't know how he can possibly argue otherwise.'

King is keen to see Walter Smith's consortium take control and keep the current management, adding: 'What Green was saying was he would replace Ally with another manager at a lower level because his view was Rangers didn't need a manager of Ally's quality for the level of football they would be playing.

'They won't be in Europe. They don't need a marquee manager as they won't win the Premier League anyway.

'The reason we had the conversation was that he phoned me at home to convince me to be part of his investment. He then sent me a proposal, which I rejected.'

King rowed again with Green earlier this week when the Englishman phoned once more.

'There was another short conversation between Green and me this week. It wasn't cordial,' said King.

I have absoloute no reason to believe that King is lieing, a Rangers fan who has previously invested a heavy chunk in to the club and the fact he would be doing so to a very close friend of his.

Green made it very clear in his interview he hadn't spoke to King. More lies from him already.

I have absoloute no reason to believe that King is lieing, a Rangers fan who has previously invested a heavy chunk in to the club and the fact he would be doing so to a very close friend of his.

Green made it very clear in his interview he hadn't spoke to King. More lies from him already.

Yes, Dave King is above reproach, and an upstanding character in every regard. I'm sure he couldn't have any agenda.

PS: Still happy that he wanted the CVA rejected and for us to fold?

Yes, Dave King is above reproach, and an upstanding character in every regard. I'm sure he couldn't have any agenda.

PS: Still happy that he wanted the CVA rejected and for us to fold?

So, because I believe a Rangers man who is talking about one of his close friends over a man in it only for money and has lied to us already - I now agree with everything King says?

He didn't say he hadn't spoken to King - he said he hadn't spoken to King about Ally. Answer me something, what makes you think that Green would speak to a guy like King (who's been badmouthing him for weeks) and discuss his business paln with him? doh

So, because I believe a Rangers man who is talking about one of his close friends over a man in it only for money and has lied to us already - I now agree with everything King says?

I don't know if you do or not, that may be why I asked the question.

He didn't say he hadn't spoken to King - he said he hadn't spoken to King about Ally. Answer me something, what makes you think that Green would speak to a guy like King (who's been badmouthing him for weeks) and discuss his business paln with him? doh

Yes.

Asking him to invest, I believe that. The cunt has no money so he has to try and get as many on his team as possible

Somebody taking Dave Kings word for anything ?? :lol:

Judge Southwood, who heard the case, said of King: “We saw King testify in chief and in cross-examination for four days and are unanimous in finding that he is a mendacious witness whose evidence should not be accepted on any issue unless it is supported by documents or other objective evidence. It was remarkable that King showed no sign of embarrassment or any emotion when he conceded that he had lied to the Commissioner in a number of his income tax returns. In our assessment he is a glib and shameless liar.

"As his evidence progressed it became clear that he has no respect for the truth and does not hesitate to lie or at least misrepresent the facts if he thinks it will be to his advantage. There can be little doubt that on most occasions King lied as he knew the correct facts and obviously decided to misrepresent these facts….”

'What I can tell you as an absolute fact is that when I had a discussion with Charles Green - and Ally would no doubt be aware of it - he made it clear to me that he would not continue with a manager at the wage level Ally was being paid.

Dumb fuck. Does he not think by saying that that Green may ask Ally to take a pay cut?? <cr>

Whether true, made up or mischief making, I think King's read too much into that one statement. However, I'm pretty much doubting everything the multi-million Rand fraudster says these days! Seems intent on causing trouble at every opportunity!

Yes.

Asking him to invest, I believe that. The cunt has no money so he has to try and get as many on his team as possible

We would be so much better off if we ambled about waiting for any 'Rangers men' to actually do anything to save the club. Your attitude towards Green stinks. He has at the very least taken us this far, but after 1 day of owning the club, he clearly falls short of your expectations.

We would be so much better off if we ambled about waiting for any 'Rangers men' to actually do anything to save the club. Your attitude towards Green stinks. He has at the very least taken us this far, but after 1 day of owning the club, he clearly falls short of your expectations.

Indeed.

Some people really have not understood that it was Green who came forward while all the other 'Rangers men' sat and done hee haw. I guess the fact that Walters consortium has came to the frontline then Green is suddenly a 'bad yin' and needs to go NOW....

:rolleyes:

Sorry, but after all me you and every other Rangers fan has went through, anyone who makes even one lie is "short of my expectations" especially after all the hype about how he was so honest and would tell everything up front.

Sorry, but after all me you and every other Rangers fan has went through, anyone who makes even one lie is "short of my expectations" especially after all the hype about how he was so honest and would tell everything up front.

As long as you are not using the quotes above to suggest he has lied, as it is clearly King trying to destabilise Rangers, for whatever end.

Last week - King tells creditors to reject a CVA

This week - King tried to get Ally McCoist to quite.

Rangers man indeed.

As long as you are not using the quotes above to suggest he has lied, as it is clearly King trying to destabilise Rangers, for whatever end.

Last week - King tells creditors to reject a CVA

This week - King tried to get Ally McCoist to quite.

Rangers man indeed.

You can question how much of a Rangers man he is when you pump 20m of your own fortune in to Rangers. (tu)

and no, I'm not using what King said as the evidence he has lied.

Another thing people seem to forget about Green is he's not taking any money out of the club when he leaves - he taking shares. Share prices rise and fall dependent on how successful the company is that they are for. So it goes without saying that it is in Greens best interests to make The Rangers Football Club as successful as possible (on both the footballing and the business fronts).

You can question how much of a Rangers man he is when you pump 20m of your own fortune in to Rangers. (tu)

and no, I'm not using what King said as the evidence he has lied.

I'll go along with that, I've not put £20m into the club, so fall short of King in that regard.

Then again, I've not encouraged our creditors to force us to be liquidated, so, I feel pretty cool about life.

20 man consortium; never in debt again; Ian Hart consortium member; if fans don't want me I am sackable; players would all be transferred to newco; we wont be keeping our history; CVA is very likely and the constant chopping and changing in regards to having talks with Ally/not having talks with Ally.