Get it right - Rangers did not Liquidate

I posted this in a different thread earlier but I didn't get many responses anyway I had the displeasure of being in some of their company today and the hatred towards us was actually embarrassing. I was told categorically that all our trophies will not be carried over to the newco but when I tried to explain that they will be they were having none of it.

So can someone please confirm that I am understanding things correctly.

We need to apply to the SFA for the oldco Rangers members share(SFA) and if they agree to transfer it to the newco then we will take all SFA trophies(47 titles and all cups) we have won to the newco.

We also need to apply to the SPL for the oldco Rangers members share(SPL) and if they agree to transfer it to the newco then we will take all SPL trophies (7 SPL titles since 1998) over to the newco.

Am I correct in my understanding or have I misinterpreted ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in a different thread earlier but I didn't get many responses anyway I had the displeasure of being in some of their company today and the hatred towards us was actually embarrassing. I was told categorically that all our trophies will not be carried over to the newco but when I tried to explain that they will be they were having none of it.

We need to apply to the SFA for the oldco Rangers members share(SFA) and if they agree to transfer it to the newco then we will take all SFA trophies(47 titles and all cups) we have won to the newco.

We also need to apply to the SPL for the oldco Rangers members share(SPL) and if they agree to transfer it to the newco then we will take all SPL trophies (7 SPL titles since 1998) over to the newco.

You are correct our history is intact whatever the outcome, we should add the wartime titles just to rub it in harder. :uk:

There are two aspects to this.

Firstly the physical tropheys were bought as part of the agreement, so they are legally ours.

Secondly, do we retain the history. The answer is yes. This is part of the company brand which was purchased and is contained within the goodwill.

Is this a decision for the SFA/SPL - No

Can they choose to say they dont recognise the history - Theoretically yes, but they wont.

The club are owned by a new company that is all, it is still the same club.

The Sfa membership and Spl share ate still with the oldco, hence why an application for their transfer has been initiatef

Absolutely correct! it's imperitive that that transfer takes place it's immensely important.

Absolutely correct! it's imperitive that that transfer takes place it's immensely important.

Its not really.

We can get a new league share a day before the season starts and we still keep our history.

Our history is not tied up in some league share, it is part of our brand, which is an asset on our balance sheet.

The league share just lets us play football in the league.

Leeds for instance were kept waiting ages to get their league share transfered.

Darlington had their removed and were relegated, they still kept their history.

There are two aspects to this.

Firstly the physical tropheys were bought as part of the agreement, so they are legally ours.

Secondly, do we retain the history. The answer is yes. This is part of the company brand which was purchased and is contained within the goodwill.

Is this a decision for the SFA/SPL - No

Can they choose to say they dont recognise the history - Theoretically yes, but they wont.

Thanks for clearing this up for me. My head was hurting today after listening to all their shite.

Its not really.

We can get a new league share a day before the season starts and we still keep our history.

Our history is not tied up in some league share, it is part of our brand, which is an asset on our balance sheet.

The league share just lets us play football in the league.

Leeds for instance were kept waiting ages to get their league share transfered.

Darlington had their removed and were relegated, they still kept their history.

You appear to be well clued up on this, we all know history can't be taken away as it's already happened mate.

From reading about all this in papers (to begin with) and seeing some members here having differing opinions it's all become a little confusing...i was under the impression we NEEDED to have the registration transferred to keep the history in an official capacity and not apply for a new one?..can i also ask about the oldco?

When the oldco is liquidated will we apply or buy it back and merge them? is that of any relevance ?

(tu)

We need an official statement or something alike to confirm this for everyone who disagrees(ie Septic fans)the media and the haters have all done a great job of brainwashing everyone(Bears included)that we have indeed been liquidated and are a completely new Club.

But as we all know this is bullshit and we are still the most successful club in the world = Fact!!!

You appear to be well clued up on this, we all know history can't be taken away as it's already happened mate.

From reading about all this in papers (to begin with) and seeing some members here having differing opinions it's all become a little confusing...i was under the impression we NEEDED to have the registration transferred to keep the history in an official capacity and not apply for a new one?..can i also ask about the oldco?

When the oldco is liquidated will we apply or buy it back and merge them? is that of any relevance ?

(tu)

Re: the OldCo.

No we will not buy it back or try to merge it. This idea comes from Millers incubator scheme which to be honest was legally meaningless!

The OldCo is now just a shell that will get wound up. It does not contain anything of note.

To give another example of how the history thing works, consider this non-footballing example.

====================================

Clinton Cards wins a Consumer award in 2011.

In 2012 Clinton Cards goes into admin.

Clinton cards assets are bought by an american firm, leaving the old corporate shell to be liquidated.

The american company keeps the clinton brand operating on the high street, not changing the brand, therefor keeping the value of the goodwill.

Clinton cards can still display that it won a consumer award legally, even though it is not the same company.

This is an example of how the historical achievements of the 'business' are different from those of the 'company'.

Re: the OldCo.

No we will not buy it back or try to merge it. This idea comes from Millers incubator scheme which to be honest was legally meaningless!

The OldCo is now just a shell that will get wound up. It does not contain anything of note.

To give another example of how the history thing works, consider this non-footballing example.

====================================

Clinton Cards wins a Consumer award in 2011.

In 2012 Clinton Cards goes into admin.

Clinton cards assets are bought by an american firm, leaving the old corporate shell to be liquidated.

The american company keeps the clinton brand operating on the high street, not changing the brand, therefor keeping the value of the goodwill.

Clinton cards can still display that it won a consumer award legally, even though it is not the same company.

This is an example of how the historical achievements of the 'business' are different from those of the 'company'.

Thanks for clearing that up for me mate (tu)

I just had a few wee niggling uncertainties which you've now cleared up..repped you for that :21:

We defo need someone in an official capacity to confirm all of this history etc, some posters are correct in saying that the dhims etc are just not having it, and only the official version explaining it as well as it has been done on here will do, i think this should be pinned and circulated to other forums if poss.

We defo need someone in an official capacity to confirm all of this history etc, some posters are correct in saying that the dhims etc are just not having it, and only the official version explaining it as well as it has been done on here will do, i think this should be pinned and circulated to other forums if poss.

You could pin it to every dhims forehead and they would still spew their bile about our titles. They see it as a way to overtake us and facts will never matter to their deficient, uneducated minds. Fuck them and their lies.

You could pin it to every dhims forehead and they would still spew their bile about our titles. They see it as a way to overtake us and facts will never matter to their deficient, uneducated minds. Fuck them and their lies.

Problem with the 'we dont care what they say approach!' is, how do we react when they start saying on the national news that Rangers are going for their first title. When they annouce live on TV at the next old firm game that celtic have 40 od more titles then us?

The important thing here is fighting to get the official line recognised. As soon as the lie goes mainstream that we have 0 titles, then thats what gets published.

This sit back and let the tims say what they like approach while they spin out their agenda does not wash anymore.

Problem with the 'we dont care what they say approach!' is, how do we react when they start saying on the national news that Rangers are going for their first title. When they annouce live on TV at the next old firm game that celtic have 40 od more titles then us?

The important thing here is fighting to get the official line recognised. As soon as the lie goes mainstream that we have 0 titles, then thats what gets published.

This sit back and let the tims say what they like approach while they spin out their agenda does not wash anymore.

this is something that need's to be addressed very soon by the club's pr people. they should release a statement every day if they have to just incase those hard of hearing in scotland dont get the point

Listen lads I've not been on this forum for quite a bit.

With regards to our history it will always be intact and we do take all our honours.

Leeds Utd unveiled a statue of Don Revie their manager from the 1970's only a couple of months ago and Leeds went through insolvency almost 10 yrs ago

Also, don't ever forget the 66 people who perished on stairway 13 over 40 yrs ago. They supported the same team as we do today and that for me settles any Timmy propaganda on the matter.

Now that you say that, you're right!

Rangers Football Club (RFC) were a football club owned by a company called Rangers PLC (RPLC), well, it was something like that.

RPLC had to sell RFC to another company called The Rangers Football Club (TRFC)

RFC are now owned by TRFC, and RPLC will go into liquidation in a few weeks.

RFC was transferred from RPLC to TRFC before liquidation took place.

:21:

Thanks for clearing that up (tu)

So can someone explain, if the Football Club is the same, why are we facing a vote into the SPL as a 'Newco', and why is our place in the fixtures known as Team 12?

Sure,

The SPL rules state that the League Share must be voted on if it will be transfered to a new corporate entity. The NewCo is a new corporate entity, it just happens to contain the club (the business which was transfered from the oldco).

We are down as Team 12 in the fixture list, as they are unsure where our club will be voted to. We can be voted back to the SPL and Teeam 12 = Rangers, or we can be pushed down to the 3rd division and then team 12 = Dundee. Untill the outcome of this vote is known, there is no way of telling who the final place in the SPL will go to.

Sure,

The SPL rules state that the League Share must be voted on if it will be transfered to a new corporate entity. The NewCo is a new corporate entity, it just happens to contain the club (the business which was transfered from the oldco).

We are down as Team 12 in the fixture list, as they are unsure where our club will be voted to. We can be voted back to the SPL and Teeam 12 = Rangers, or we can be pushed down to the 3rd division and then team 12 = Dundee. Untill the outcome of this vote is known, there is no way of telling who the final place in the SPL will go to.

(tu) Thanks for that mate. I was thinking it was the Football Club that owned the league share....not the other way around.

Cheers