Green hinting he will accept terms for spl1

albeartz

If he accepts what I believe is on the table then Green will be making the biggest mistake of his short tenure.

We deserve the right to determine our future and on our terms.

Giving in to those bastards is not an option

This is the most important post on this forum today and of many days I would think, yet no one has picked up on it.

"what is on the table".?

That's not a question to the post, more a nudge for all other bears to really see what's happening here.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alasdair Lamont@BBCAlLamont...right to legal challenge. Green says: "Did you refuse to pay the price of membership of your golf club?"

Charles Green has hinted he'll accept proposed conditions to allow newco Rangers SFA membership, ie paying football debt, fines & waiving...

Charles Green has hinted he and his Rangers newco would accept proposed conditions to win Scottish Football Association membership.

Under plans revealed by BBC Scotland on Thursday, Rangers would go straight into Scottish Division One.

But they would have to accept the football debts and fines of the old Rangers and waive rights to legal challenges.

Green says that "nothing in this world is free".

An application by Green for his newco to replace the old Rangers in the Scottish Premier League did not gain the support of top flight clubs and it was expected the club's next port of call would be applying to enter the Scottish Football League in Division Three.

But senior Scottish football figures are proposing that Rangers start next season in the second, rather than the fourth, tier.

Asked for his views on the proposals, the Rangers chief executive responded: "Did you refuse to pay the price of membership of your golf club?

"My opinion upon right or wrong doesn't matter.

"We will continue to work to ensure Rangers play football next season and that we can look everyone in the eye."

Meanwhile, Green has echoed chairman Malcolm Murray's call for unity at the club .

Murray issued a statement calling for for an end to "the vicious and gratuitous blood lust" among those vying to control Rangers' destiny.

Former Rangers player John Brown this week announced he was leading a group looking to buy the club and encouraged fans to invest in his consortium rather than buying season tickets.

"It's not right that a proportion of Rangers fans continue to attack my consortium and try to undermine our rescue plans," added Green.

"It's not right that every two weeks a Mel Gibson appears, delivers a Braveheart statement, then doesn't deliver anything."

"My opinion upon right or wrong doesn't matter.

"We will continue to work to ensure Rangers play football next season and that we can look everyone in the eye."

I hope this is an indication that he will be asking the fans what we think before accepting anything. He has to be able to collectively look us fans in the eye.

He is about to throw away any support he has left, how can he not think he is in a bargaining position the day after they accept without us scottish football dies, If he accepts being arse raped with no recourse as a condition then it proves he cares about only one thing, profit, and he doesnt give a fuck how many sanctions they impose, or how many titles they strip to get to his goal, fuck Green I am now firmly against the cunt if this is true.

he has to from a financial point of view. As ceo he has to look after the club financially first and foremost if he didn't he wouldn't be doing his job properly

Bollocks to that, to safeguard our future we must protect our history.

If they can take our titles, where will it stop?

"It's not right that every two weeks a Mel Gibson appears, delivers a Braveheart statement, then doesn't deliver anything."

Comparing a Rangers man to uber catholic Mel Gibson... very clever Charlie.

If he accepts what I believe is on the table then Green will be making the biggest mistake of his short tenure.

We deserve the right to determine our future and on our terms.

Giving in to those bastards is not an optionr

Would I be right in saying one of these terms could be titles goneV

This again,anything to back it up??

It's not even upto us,division 1 will only happen if the 29 sfl clubs vote for it.

Not true they are making it happen with a breakaway league if the clubs dont play ball.

Not the worse thing to happen and should be accepted if without sanctions.

If not fuck them.

Would I be right in saying one of these terms could be titles goneV

Not spelt out but it does mean that if they choose to strip titles we cant challenge them as we forfeit our right to legal objection, so basically it's a licence for them to do whatever the fuck Lawell wants them to do and we have to take it, UTTER FUCKING LUNACY!!!!

No owner would opt for div 3.

Indeed.

Green may well take some flack if he accepts this but the truth is any owner who wants the club to make £ is going to accept it.

It would also suit new owners if Green took the hit for this and they walk in having to stadn by the decision made.

This again,anything to back it up??

It's not even upto us,division 1 will only happen if the 29 sfl clubs vote for it.

And the same goes for division 3, not up to us. There would be nothing to stop Rangers applying to SFL3 but I think you'll find the conditions imposed on entry will not be much better than the ones for SFL1.

The longer we stay out the top flight the weaker we become. Harming Rangers to harm the "enemy" is not for me.

The longer we stay out the top flight the weaker we become. Harming Rangers to harm the "enemy" is not for me.

(tu)

We can do that by not harming ourselves. Don't go to away games, get back our Champions League place and win the league every year again.

Has it been stated anywhere that losing our titles is one of the sanctions? I've never read it anywhere

No but no punishment has been set out, it does mean though if they want to take them they can and there is nothing we can do about it as we forfeit our right to object.

This is fucking blackmail, pure and simple and some cunt should be getting the jail for this, basically what they are saying is accept whatever punishment we decide you deserve and waive your right to legal objection, or we wont allow you back into the league.

This is fucking horrific, medieval fucking bullshit from those fenian bastards at the SFA, blatant fucking victimisation and Green is about to bend over for them.

If he accepts this I'm fucking done.

This is ludicrous.

Firstly, he SPL say that Rangers are not good enough to play with them but then impose their will on the SFL with a "if you don't do what we say, we'll bypass you and get our way anyway.

Secondly, are the Div 1 clubs who have come out against Rangers playing in Div 1, prepared to boycott SPL2 if Rangers are playing in it?

What a shambles.

We are being asked to accept playing in Div1 under sanctions as yet to be agreed on. Surely this is unreasonable. How can a business agree to such terms? There has been much talk on RM on the financial side of Div1 as against Div3, but there is no guarantee that if we're in Div1 we wont be clobbered anyway.

Putting us in Div1 seems to appeal to Charles Green. He may think that he can sell us quicker that way. It suits the SPL as the financial implications for Scottish football are better if we're kept nearer the top league. But does it really suit The Rangers? Looks like we're being forced into a lose/lose situation.

(tu)

We can do that by not harming ourselves. Don't go to away games, get back our Champions League place and win the league every year again.

Champions league will not be there for at least 3 years and by then I doubt Scottish clubs will have very much chance of getting there due to the battering the co efficient will take.

It’s all very well saying these kind of things but we are leaving ourselves wide open to fines and future sanctions with no ability to challenge them. So we could see things like the embargos, fines from the ‘chanting’ which no doubt would lead to banning fans from games (never mind that those chunts have been doing it for years and nothing get’s said.)

Div 1 with the current conditions is horrific tbh and it WILL come back to bite us on the arse, if we do accept Div 1 then we have to get rid of a few of the conditions as Rangers will have a bulls eye on it’s chest for the immediate future.

No owner would opt for div 3.

Depends what the sanctions are. Judgement on how the fans will react. The clause suggesting we would forfeit the right to challenge any sanctions is simply unacceptable in my book and it could definitely affect the business. With Div 3, you know what you are getting.