Performance of other clubs who were demoted

Shuggy

Rangers won't have a problem taking division one but we should be careful in declaring 20,30,40 point winning margins. Ally has to be prudent in the replacements he gets from the transfer market and not assume he can cut corners for SFL1. Once up, we will do what other teams coming up from div 1 do - strengthen their squads further when the bar is raised.

In terms of a team being demoted to the next division down and their subsequent performance, Juventus were relegated for match fixing in 2006 and spend season 2006-2007 in Serie B with a 9-point deduction. They won it by 6 points (which is 15 points if you include the deduction). So not quite a canter for them.

Serie B 2006-2007

Interestingly when Fiorentina were dumped into Serie C2 (their SFL3) in 2002-2003, they "only" won it by 11 points. Not sure of any points deductions.

Serie C2 2002-2003

Eh? Didn't Juventus have to face Napoli, Bologna, Vicenza, Genoa and the likes in Serie B?

We'll be taking on the likes of East Stirling, Dumbarton and Morton. I don't see the comparison as valid at all.

I wuld not have thought so. The standard of Serie B is indeed a lot higher than SFL1, probably as big as the gap between the SPL and Serie A. I think Juventus proved that when we took them on in the CL some years before and got thumped 8-1 over two games.

So what's your predicted winning margins for SFL1 and SFL3?

Motherwell came 3rd in the SPL, officially making them the 3rd best side in the country. They have an average attendance of 5000 & work off a budget per season of £4.3m (turnover for 11-12 season).

Even if we're in division 3, you think our average attendance is going to be anything like 5000?

if anythign this whole episode has invigorated the support. I for one feel like ive taken our club for granted all these years and i can't wait to get back into ibrox to watch the rangers. I think alot of bears will come out in force next season. Our attendances, and subsequently our budget, will smash Motherwell's to pieces.

Motherwell came 3rd in the SPL, officially making them the 3rd best side in the country. They have an average attendance of 5000 & work off a budget per season of £4.3m (turnover for 11-12 season).

Even if we're in division 3, you think our average attendance is going to be anything like 5000?

if anythign this whole episode has invigorated the support. I for one feel like ive taken our club for granted all these years and i can't wait to get back into ibrox to watch the rangers. I think alot of bears will come out in force next season. Our attendances, and subsequently our budget, will smash Motherwell's to pieces.

Don't get me wrong. I hope we easily win whatever league we are in. I just don't want a dangerous attitude of complacency which says to the other clubs - "we're going to walk all over you". We might find we are kicked all the way to the top.