Athletics - Jamaican Olympic Trials.

Gold, Silver and Bronze at the olymics right there.

Nah. Gatlin and Gay will both finish ahead of Powell.

Really not surprised Blake beat Bolt. His 19.26 200m (second fastest ever) last year was one of the best things I've seen in athletics. The guy is in insane form, and Bolt has been struggling with his start and general consistency.

Powell doesn't seem to have the bottle for the big races, and will no doubt choke.

Gatlin ran a 9.80 the other week in the US trials, beating Gay who ran 9.85. Insane performance from Gay who has only run 4 times in the past year due to an operation. He will get a lot faster before the olympics. And I doubt there is anyone hungier than Gatlin for a medal after his drugs ban.

I reckon it will finish

1.Bolt

2.Blake

3.Gay

4.Gatlin

5.Powell

6.Bledman / some other Caribbean

Also, Blake goes up against Bolt in the 200m later tonight :drool:

Definite golden era in Men's sprinting.

Nah. Gatlin and Gay will both finish ahead of Powell.

Really not surprised Blake beat Bolt. His 19.26 200m last year was one of the best things I've seen in athletics. The guy is in insane form, and Bolt has been struggling with his start and general consistency.

Powell doesn't seem to have the bottle for the big races, and will no doubt choke.

Gatlin ran a 9.80 the other week in the US trials, beating Gay who ran 9.85. Insane performance from Gay who has only run 4 times in the past year due to an operation. He will get a lot faster before the olympics.

I reckon it will finish

1.Bolt

2.Blake

3.Gay

4.Gatlin

5.Powell

Also, Blake goes up against Bolt in the 200m later tonight :drool:

You seem to have missed Dwain Chambers :lol:

You seem to have missed Dwain Chambers :lol:

The testers didn't! :D

Bolt appears to be struggling mentally with the start after his disqualification at the World Championships. He was a mile behind the field and had no chance of making it up on an on-fire Blake.

Yohan Blake ran the fastest 100m of the year, and the fourth fastest of all-time, finishing ahead of Usain Bolt and Asafa Powell.

Oh btw, it's not the 4th fastest 100m of all time. He's the 4th fastest runner ever though :pipe:

8th.

Bolt - 9.58 / 9.69 / 9.72

Gay - 9.69 / 9.71

Powell - 9.72 / 9.74

Blake will go faster though.

I remember not that long ago that going under 10 seconds just about guaranteed you a medal. Most of the time gold.

• 3 weeks later...

The documentary on Bolt was pretty good. He admitted a few times that Blake trained harder than him so maybe he has overtaken him, time will tell.

Until somebody breaks the world record nobody will overtake Bolt.

Just watched "can anyone beat Bolt" that Blake looks very, very good but i still see Bolt taking Gold at the Olympics, with Blake right behind him and Gatlin 3rd.

Why the fuck was Lemaitre even included in this programme? He will struggle to reach the final in London. :D

With the spotlight firmly on the Jamaicans, this is shaping up nicely for an American win in the 100m.

I can see Bolt being third with Blake second. This is Tyson Gay's year.

It isn't. Literally raced 4 times in a year. His start is fucking abysmal at the moment.