Le Tour de France.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stage 14 - Mountain Stage - Limoux~Foix

The riders enter the Pyrenees today, but are given a relatively gentle introduction. The three climbs within the 190km stage are a Cat. 2 after 30km with two Cat. 1's coming 100km later, one after the other. There is 40km from the summit of the Mur de Peguere to the finish, including a testing descent.

It's expected that there will be an early breakaway from half-decent climbers who are no danger overall and if one or two are strong enough, they have a good chance of taking the stage. I'm having a few quid e.w. on Casar, with the likes of Hoogerland, Vinokourov, Valverde, Leon Sanchez and Martinez also looking to take a chance.

The G.C. may be where the real action will take place today. I expect one or all of Nibali, Evans and Van Den Broecke to attack on the final 3km of the Mur de Peguere where it is at it's steepest. I expect the strength of Sky to cover any move and pull back any gap created, if not on the climb or the descent, in the run-in to Foix. If Evans is struggling again, it will be interesting to see what BMC do regarding Tejay Van Garderen who has been looking strong in the climbs.

Disappointed yet buzzing for today's stage at the same time. Not sure if it's necessary to have a 40km descent from the top of the Mur de Peguere to the finish, any time gaps on the mountain between the top contenders will probably be wiped out on the descent.

The Mur de Peguere will be a serious test for Wiggins (and Sky) though, it's the type of climb that doesn't suit him, last 3km are 12% at the flattest and near enough 20% at the steepest blink.gif

1. L. Leon Sanchez

2. P. Sagan

3. S. Casar

4. P. Gilbert

5. G. Izaguirre

A much needed win for a depleted Rabobank team, and an astonishing ride by Sagan. That boy can win the whole thing within the next five years. Class shown by Wiggins and the peleton in allowing Evans to get back after his puncture on the final climb of the day. Rolland - the jury is still out as to whether he sat up or was hunted down by the pack.

Found 28 tacks on the road on the top of the Mur de Peguere, maybe that's why Wiggins was shaking his head? Still it's disgraceful that people would do that to these guys (td)

Robert Kiserlovski crashed because of them and was forced to abandon the race due to his injuries. There must have been plenty of witnesses to this being done. Strange.

Robert Kiserlovski crashed because of them and was forced to abandon the race due to his injuries. There must have been plenty of witnesses to this being done. Strange.

Shame that. No one in the breakaway got a flat either? So someone surely must have seen something.

Pierre Rolland is a cunt!

He didn't know what happened and he is more on the nerves than any other players about that. There is not trouble among the cyclists as he was told what happend when he got back into the peloton, the journalists are making a fuss about nothing.

He didn't know what happened and he is more on the nerves than any other players about that. There is not trouble among the cyclists as he was told what happend when he got back into the peloton, the journalists are making a fuss about nothing.

Oh he knew what he was doing.

Bar those in the breakaway, every cunt in the race would have known the score. Rolland knew exactly what he was up to, and while Wiggins, Nibali et al showed class and sportsmanship, Rolland showed nothing but contempt for the long-standing standards of road etiquette that exists between riders.

Moreno Moser won today's stage in the Tour of Poland. One to watch in the next few years - and even younger than Sagan!

I only it was on the other day,I take it they brought the start date forward due to the olympics?

On the subject of Rolland(Im a nuthugger btw) If he had always planned to attck of the top then i dont blame him,he may have been in 'the zone' and unaware of what was going on,As for the ettique, ive seen countless races where people have crashed or had mechanical difficulties for others to take advantage.Im all for fair play but where does it start and stop,did the riders stop after the big crash early in the tour or when jvdb punctured? Allez Rolland

I only it was on the other day,I take it they brought the start date forward due to the olympics?

On the subject of Rolland(Im a nuthugger btw) If he had always planned to attck of the top then i dont blame him,he may have been in 'the zone' and unaware of what was going on,As for the ettique, ive seen countless races where people have crashed or had mechanical difficulties for others to take advantage.Im all for fair play but where does it start and stop,did the riders stop after the big crash early in the tour or when jvdb punctured? Allez Rolland

Rolland was talking to the Sky boys at the front and would have been well aware of the circumstances. When he decided to fuck off on his own, you heard Porte shout at him and gesture. Whatever view one takes with regatd to the subject of etiquette, Rolland was well aware of what he was doing - and the other riders know that too.

Stage 15 - Sprint Stage - Samatan~Pau

After yesterday's gentle Pyrenean introduction, the race director has come up with a short, undulating course of 158km with three small climbs to negotiate along the way, making it very likely that this should follow the 'breakaway made - breakaway caught - bunch sprint finish' format.

With Goss seeming to be just too desperate for that ever-elusive stage win, Superman Sagan likely to lose his edge after yesterday's heroics, and the strength of the Lotto-Belisol train, this looks teed-up for 5/2jf and birthday boy, Andre Greipel, to get his fourth stage win ahead of Cavendish et al.

The GC contenders should have a nice quiet ride-out before Tuesday's rest day - and plenty of time to look ahead to the brutal stages of Wednesday and Thursday in the Pyrenees proper!