Todd Cantwell

21 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

He's a cheat, I don't mind it but when it starts working against him it's something he's brought on himself

I mean this is the thing, it seems to be the modern game. I often think, should we doing more of it because how many times have you seen other teams get away with it against us. BUT - and its a big but - it has to be at least reasonably realistic, that dive was moronic at best. And the problem then is, referee's cotton on to it and you end up losing the benefit of the doubt. You have 'cheat' more shrewdly. 

He doesn't do.himself.any favours with antics like that today .

There are however plenty in this league who do it week in week out without any form of punishment or have ex players start campaigns to label guys like Cantwell.

it's blatant fucking hypocrisy from cunts like Sutton who is that much of a shitebag he doesn't call it out when others are doing it.

I don't want to see any of our players adopting these type of tactics but it can easily be argued that not participating in such low level cheating is idiocy in that it's encouraged and rewarded by officials .

It is having an effect on var in tussles that really are the sum total of fuck all interns.of being waved away as seen numerous times in today's game at Pittodrie but Walsh can't on one hand be told to go to var to see what every one sees is cheating to just waving.pay on in other instances there's clearly discrepancies between var and match officials in what constitutes foul play and cheating it's certainly being tested the last few weeks and at this moment in time the dissenters of var are being given plenty of ammunition to undermine and manipulate decision making around var and the rules of the game in general.

We all know who want to and stand to benefit from it whatever comes out of this ongoing fucking soap opera.

2 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Agree with all except that league was fucked before he arrived. The scum will keep leaving the door open as they are no great shakes. Hopefully we're still within touching distance at new year and Clement has some ideas for the January transfer window; maybe a player that he has worked with or knows about from working in a different league.

Every foreign manager we have had seems to have brought in a hidden gem. Advocaat had Van Bronkhorst, Le Guen had Jeremy Clement and Pedro had Morelos.

You obviously mean Sasa Papac. 

2 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

You obviously mean Sasa Papac. 

It's a good shout but what I mean is I'm hoping Clement has knowledge of someone that has played under him or he has knowledge about from a defferent league he has managed in before. Of those I've mentioned only Morelos doesn't fit that bill but I had to give Pedro something (even though it was JJ who identified him).

3 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I'll be honest, I don't mind someone 'diving' to win something for the team, he seems to be more interested in that than playing though. 

So fucking talented, maybe that shit is the reason he is playing in Scotland though.

He was once touted for a 40 million move.. He is talented, but that side of his game is not helping him.

3 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I'll be honest, I don't mind someone 'diving' to win something for the team, he seems to be more interested in that than playing though. 

So fucking talented, maybe that shit is the reason he is playing in Scotland though.

I get what you are saying in regards to the diving.. it is just a part of the game these days, but, that dive today was embarrassing. He should have been booked, really.

2 minutes ago, the old guard said:

If you take any player away from his prefered position his form will inevitably drop, he just doesn't suit playing on the right imo, seems hes the third choice no10 behind lammers and now lawrence, play him in the middle or not at all.

I dont buy that for a second. He has the freedom to roam, but his actual problem is that he looses the ball constantly.. he passes it to nobody and does the simple things terribly. That has nothing to do with being 10 metres away from the centre. 

17 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I dont buy that for a second. He has the freedom to roam, but his actual problem is that he looses the ball constantly.. he passes it to nobody and does the simple things terribly. That has nothing to do with being 10 metres away from the centre. 

Its no coincidence that his best performances have all come when he's played behind the main striker. Probably a mental thing when he's played wide right he just can influence the game the way he'd like to. Would rather he was benched than played on the right or left.

Playing a player out of position doesn’t or shouldn’t stop him being able to do the basic things like pass the ball to a team mate  beat a man ect like I said good players should be able to adapt, I think somebody said on here before that he’s played more games out wide in his career then through the middle? It’s just an excuse for a player struggling to find form imo

The petulance and diving stuff I think people are making far to much of it, he’s not worse than  literally hundreds of other players playing at higher levels, and a few in the scum team here. Far more was made about his dive today from the commentary than when the sheep player done similar, infact sheep players dive was only mentioned once when it happened that’s it while the commentators mentioned Cantwells a few times during the game even said that was the reason the sheep fans where booing him even though the booing never started till later in the game 🤣

14 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Its no coincidence that his best performances have all come when he's played behind the main striker. Probably a mental thing when he's played wide right he just can influence the game the way he'd like to. Would rather he was benched than played on the right or left.

Players go through bad times wether they play in their "preferred" positions or not.. He has had good moments "from the right" as well.. he comes central all the time and still does the simple things badly, so I refuse to believe its a position thing.

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Playing a player out of position doesn’t or shouldn’t stop him being able to do the basic things like pass the ball to a team mate  beat a man ect like I said good players should be able to adapt, I think somebody said on here before that he’s played more games out wide in his career then through the middle? It’s just an excuse for a player struggling to find form imo

The petulance and diving stuff I think people are making far to much of it, he’s not worse than  literally hundreds of other players playing at higher levels, and a few in the scum team here. Far more was made about his dive today from the commentary than when the sheep player done similar, infact sheep players dive was only mentioned once when it happened that’s it while the commentators mentioned Cantwells a few times during the game even said that was the reason the sheep fans where booing him even though the booing never started till later in the game 🤣

He has brought the attention onto himself by moaning about it on social media. Hard to be on his side at the moment.

Cantwell has bags of ability and it's been a long time since I've seen someone with his balance in a Rangers shirt but his attitude is honking at times, he seemed to relish it last season when Beale made him the main man after we had bottled everything else, it's alright being a hero in a loser team but we need a hero in a winning team and I don't know if he's got the mentality to be that guy, sink or swim with Clement, he'll be the making or the breaking of the boy, I hope it's the making because if he can channel his head to match his ability we'll have some player.

Don't condone his theatrics but think it’s typical of the Scottish game, the Scottish media and fans in general, that they more attention to that kind of thing rather than bad tackles.  Thought they were a couple on Cantwell today that he did well to keep his composure afterwards.  
Can’t help seeing the growing similarity in treatment of Cantwell and that of Morelos.  Compete emphasis on any negative reaction from them, with literally nothing said on the amount of abuse they take.