Di Stefano taking us to England

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy seems more mental than the bastard offspring of gazza and bomber, after a few bottles of buckie, or meths, or whatever the hell it is those 2 clowns are drinking.

At least they aren't interfering with kids though eh.

Two adults having a Drink how unusual.

What has the PLC got to do with eligibility to play in England?

Rangers participation in the FA Cup (1886-7) pre-dates the formation of the 'company' (1899). If any such right exists it belongs to the club. That is the club that was formed in 1872 by Moses and Peter McNeil along with Peter Campbell and William McBeth. The club whose formation was formalised the next year in 1873. A club that went on to be the most successful in world football. A Scottish Club from Glasgow. A club that still exists today, whose identity was formed before a PLC existed and whose identity continues after the PLC has collapsed. A club that, whether you support him or not, is owned by Charles Green and his consortium. A club that will not walk away, and will win Scotlands top flight again before they can reach 54.

Either 'Gio' is playing on the fact that anyone can join the English Football League, if accepted, and trying to steal our fan base OR it is a wind-up by those that sing about knowing their history. Well, we know ours. Good night.

I'll give him one thing, he isnt keeping secrets. Hes putting everything out in the open, even put up pictures of his letters. I wish everyone else involved would take fucking heed instead of giving it the old "somethings going to happen, and there are people who will make it happen we just cant say who"

it does all seem too good to be true though. Just because we are registered doesnt mean they have a place for us. Also cant see some tycoon paying off all the debt and taking us on as his new toy when its gonna be 5 years+ before we'd be in EPL.

Who knows, as i've said before - my heeds fucked with it all

Remember if he bought the oldco, he'd be buying all the debt too. Big tax case would become relevant again. It's a ridiculous plan.

It does seem far fetched, but money wise if you could get Rangers into the English league even after paying out a potential £100m or so that situation would be a license to print money for anyone who bought the club.

The new T.V. deal with BT/SKY is worth 3.1 billion pounds double what English clubs get now, also take into account another 600 to 700 million or so in radio rights, sponsership, ticket sales etc and English clubs will pull in near four billion in the next few years.

A club like Rangers that already has an EPL class stadium,training ground and over 1.2m fans in the U.K. would be worth 3 times what anyone would have to shell out for the plc company right now.

This guy seems more mental than the bastard offspring of gazza and bomber, after a few bottles of buckie, or meths, or whatever the hell it is those 2 clowns are drinking.

thats rich coming from a cunt like you the offspring of j torbett and osama bin ladens former sqeeze that makes you a paedo terrorist bastard

What has the PLC got to do with eligibility to play in England?

Rangers participation in the FA Cup (1886-7) pre-dates the formation of the 'company' (1899). If any such right exists it belongs to the club. That is the club that was formed in 1872 by Moses and Peter McNeil along with Peter Campbell and William McBeth. The club whose formation was formalised the next year in 1873. A club that went on to be the most successful in world football. A Scottish Club from Glasgow. A club that still exists today, whose identity was formed before a PLC existed and whose identity continues after the PLC has collapsed. A club that, whether you support him or not, is owned by Charles Green and his consortium. A club that will not walk away, and will win Scotlands top flight again before they can reach 54.

Either 'Gio' is playing on the fact that anyone can join the English Football League, if accepted, and trying to steal our fan base OR it is a wind-up by those that sing about knowing their history. Well, we know ours. Good night.

The right to play in England was granted 1885, that right was then incorporated into the plc in 1899.

I'm pretty sure there was 2 songs that were new maybe not.

They did play some B-sides like 'Something's Burning,' 'Where Angels play' and 'Mersey paradise.' Also 'Love Spreads' from the 2nd album.

No new material, unfortunately... Seems like it may just be a moneyspinner. Oh well, I can't begrudge them that. They deserve it after being screwed by the filthy music business the first time around. (tu)

If this guy has big financial backing then whats to stop him just buying the assets from Green and merging them back with the OldCo?

This has probably already been said in this thread though but I can't be bothered reading through 7 pages.

Although it's probably not even a goer anyway.

They did play some B-sides like 'Something's Burning,' 'Where Angels play' and 'Mersey paradise.' Also 'Love Spreads' from the 2nd album.

No new material, unfortunately... Seems like it may just be a moneyspinner. Oh well, I can't begrudge them that. They deserve it after being screwed by the filthy music business the first time around. (tu)

They got shafted hugely the first time round. Watch this it's a good watch (tu) It would have been Something's Burning and Where Angels Play that I didn't recoginse then the rest I all knew.

They got shafted hugely the first time round. Watch this it's a good watch (tu) It would have been Something's Burning and Where Angels Play that I didn't recoginse then the rest I all knew.

Cheers for that mate, good watch (tu) Mani :praise: