It just gets better

sandymcm

Watched that fanny on tv that day and he looked raging with this decision, wankstain.

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/rangers-administration-court-no-place-to-settle-football-rows-says-stewart-gilmour-1-2327411

By ALAN PATTULLO

Published on Thursday 31 May 2012 00:00

ST MIRREN chairman Stewart Gilmour has hit out at Rangers for taking their fight against a transfer ban to court.

Lord Glennie ruled at the Court of Session on Tuesday that a 12-month transfer embargo imposed on Rangers was unlawful as the punishment was not contained in the Scottish Football Association rules.

Now Fifa, which has a long-standing policy of taking action against clubs and associations which use the law courts rather than keeping matters within football, look set to assert their authority after being alerted to the situation earlier this week.

World football’s governing body wants the SFA to take “direct action” against Rangers for taking the matter to the courts.

And Gilmour, speaking at Hampden after a Scottish Premier League meeting on financial fair play issues, said he also believed that the saga should not have reached the civil courts.

“The law is an ass,” he said. “I think that sums it up. What’s a court getting involved in football for? The decision had been made. Are we going to take every single sending-off to court? Is that what we are going to end up with? Sport should stay within sport.”

Lord Glennie’s decision overturned an SFA appeal tribunal, which was chaired by his fellow Court of Session judge Lord Carloway. The judge proposed the matter be sent back to the SFA appeal tribunal, although the SFA were given 21 days to appeal against the court decision.

Rangers could now face more extreme sanctions as the explicit punishments stated in the SFA’s rule 66 are a maximum £100,000 fine, suspension or expulsion from participation in the game, ejection from the Scottish Cup or termination of membership.

Rangers were also fined £100,000 for bringing the game into disrepute over their non-payment of PAYE, NIC and VAT since Craig Whyte took charge of the club in May last year.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, you might like to all pop over to this forum for a while to express your 'sympathy' with the St Mirren fans, lol: http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/forum/1-general-st-mirren-discussion/ The registration button is on the top left if you can't find it. (I had a little trouble.)

(tu) Totally agree. The SFL now appear to be the ones with the power at this point. They were asked to vote with the expectation of putting Rangers into div.1, but to their credit, stayed true to their word that div.3 should be the only place for us to enter their league set-up.

Of course, this could/will all change once again as the sfa bastards start to lean heavier on these clubs to ensure we are in div.1 or the fabled spl2 by dangling a bigger cash carrot in front of them.

The only clubs who have a problem with the SFL vote are the very same cunts who voted to keep us out of their league. What the fuck do they really want? They should have had the balls to vote with their business heads when they had the chance instead of cowering behind the sporting integrity banner and expecting someone else to make the tough decisions.

I have no sympathy for any of them. You've made your bed, now fucking lie in it. :wanker:

Don't think they can do anyhing now, silly bastards :lol:

Hey guys, you might like to all pop over to this forum for a while to express your 'sympathy' with the St Mirren fans, lol: http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/forum/1-general-st-mirren-discussion/ The registration button is on the top left if you can't find it. (I had a little trouble.)

One thing I've noticed in the years I've posted and lurked on here is that kinda shit is left to the bheasts, i can't recall a single thread starting in here of a bear boasting about posting on rival teams forums, we've got a bit more class than that (tu)

Hilarious.

Ignore the credible financial projections regarding an SPL without Rangers and listen to those motivated by hatred and jealousy and boot Rangers out the SPL.

Abdicate all responsibility and leave the SFL Chairmen in a difficult position. Threaten/bully/lie to and attempt to bribe those SFL chairmen with sweetners in order they give you a vote you want.

When they refuse to buckle to threats or bribes and display the only integrity in this whole sorry scenario - castigate them because they have acted with integrity.

This guy should be nominated for the dipstick of the year award.

I am actually speechless at the hypocrisy of the man. What a cheek he has. He used his vote. This was a democracy and he voted to send us out the SPL. What's wrong Gilmour did your rigged set up not quite materialise? You failed in your duties to your own shareholders and employees and now you can answer to them. You sacrificed your own people.

On phone don't know applause emoticon! He is responsible for his employees, he should have thought of them instead of listening to a few hundred of his 'fans'

Hilarious.

Ignore the credible financial projections regarding an SPL without Rangers and listen to those motivated by hatred and jealousy and boot Rangers out the SPL.

Abdicate all responsibility and leave the SFL Chairmen in a difficult position. Threaten/bully/lie to and attempt to bribe those SFL chairmen with sweetners in order they give you a vote you want.

When they refuse to buckle to threats or bribes and display the only integrity in this whole sorry scenario - castigate them because they have acted with integrity.

This guy should be nominated for the dipstick of the year award.

(tu)

So I have no class? I see my club - and specifically the club I recall as a boy attending many matches with as a kid with my dad, in the process of nearly sinking without a trace, while vultures lurk, and gloat and boast about their 'achievements' and how great it is to see this once great club in the predicament it's now in.

Did you even read some of the stuff that was being said there? Don't talk about 'integrity', or honesty or decency. The majority of these guys are motivated by raw unmitigated hatred. They would be happy to see Rangers sink - even if it meant potentially losing their own club. That's how much they hate Rangers and Rangers fans. The whole debate about 'integrity' is a joke. If it was about integrity, then where's the integrity in the harm that's been imposed on Scottish football, or in all of the jobs that will be lost, or on the status of Scottish football on the international stage. If all of these clubs shrink, it might take a generation or more until they bounce back.

So no I'm not sorry. I think this was by far and away a fan motivated decision. It was the hatred of a whole bunch of rival fans that led us to this point, as much as it had anything to do with Gilmour and co. The majority of these guys gambled. They caved in to fan pressure - but they thought they could dictate the terms of Rangers exit to Division 1 too. But clearly the SFL - and most fans weren't in a mood to listen.

They may think they have won something. But lets wait and see. There are plenty of people to blame for this mess - and I don't see any reason to think about forgiving any of them any time soon. The saddest and most ironic part of this whole deal though, is that the most innocent victims of all are the Rangers fan base themselves. We're told "we" cheated, "we" robbed, "we" stole, etc. But we were as screwed over by this whole thing as anyone. People need to know about this - and why the majority of us feel that the best place of all for us is to start again from scratch - and to rebuild our integrity from the bottom up - and to let those other clubs who lack integrity pay the price.

Not a better place to plug myself on here than this thread, but there has to be a serious look at the chairmen and directors of these SPL clubs that voted "NO to Newco" and the repercussions they could face via Section 172 of the Companies Act: Copland Road Org

I've had the point raised that they could say the threats from their own fans to walk away could cover for them in this case. A couple points to that:

1) Their revenues are still largely driven by television and sponsorship contracts contingent on us being in the SPL.

2) How many of the fans who cast votes in these kangaroo courts are actually shareholders? We know the absurdly low numbers involved in most of these votes, some in the low-200s. But the directors of a business answer to the shareholders, not the customers.

Killie chairman M Johnston specifically cited this law as playing into his decision making regarding his club's abstention in the SPL vote. If Regan is set to face a vote of no confidence, surely the same should be true for many of these chairmen as well.

Not a better place to plug myself on here than this thread, but there has to be a serious look at the chairmen and directors of these SPL clubs that voted "NO to Newco" and the repercussions they could face via Section 172 of the Companies Act: Copland Road Org

I've had the point raised that they could say the threats from their own fans to walk away could cover for them in this case. A couple points to that:

1) Their revenues are still largely driven by television and sponsorship contracts contingent on us being in the SPL.

2) How many of the fans who cast votes in these kangaroo courts are actually shareholders? We know the absurdly low numbers involved in most of these votes, some in the low-200s. But the directors of a business answer to the shareholders, not the customers.

Killie chairman M Johnston specifically cited this law as playing into his decision making regarding his club's abstention in the SPL vote. If Regan is set to face a vote of no confidence, surely the same should be true for many of these chairmen as well.

They clearly didn't act in the best interests of Scottish football, or their shareholders, given the degree of damage that is likely to ensue.

What they voted for was for a wrecking ball, to swing it's way through the entire Scottish game.

Not sure if you're aware mate, but MJ is actually a Lawyer, so you may have something here.

Let's get this into perspective here guys. The turkeys have voted for Christmas and we all think they should lie in the bed they made.

On Monday this could all change as they realise the consequences of the decisions they have been forced into by the hatred from their fans of our club.

The chairmen of the SPL clubs are now on the back foot as they have put themselves in an untenable position by pandering to these clueless, keyboard mafia that could have killed their own club with their hatred of us.

Mr Green, do not let the SFA or SPL change any decision that has been made already, regarding Rangers starting from Div 3 in Scottish Football. You will lose many fans if not all, if you capitulate to these people who want the fans money but want to punish us further.

The first club to go under and join us in Div 3 can't come soon enough. Please ensure the rules are applied FAIRLY and CONSISTANLY.

Good post. I'd mentioned the companies act a few weeks ago but too lazy to research it. These clubs could find themselves in trouble with creditors and business partners pretty soon. I would imagine some would break contracts with the clubs citing the above. The clubs won't be able to do much about it. Imagine you lend St Mirren £250,000 at 10%, after their reckless behaviour you'll want that money back asap. Remember the act doesn't just cover shareholders, it includes almost anyone who has a vested interest, i.e suppliers lenders etc.