Deal with Sports Direct

Macy21881

There's no details in the OP to make a decision on whether it is a good or bad thing if it's true.

I'd take £9m a year for the merchandise rights. :craphead:

As for renaming the stadium, they wouldn't really be renaming it, they'd just be paying millions to put up a board at Ibrox with their name on it. Money for old rope and we'd be mad not to bite their hand off if they made a substantial offer.

We've seen all to well what lack of money does to a club, so lets not go overboard when somebody offers us money.

It'll be interesting if any details come out about this deal.

Here is my advice to Charles Green , go and employ Mr David T Potts who after 38 years is leaving Tesco , a Master retailer and Marketing guy , and give him control of the retail and marketing departments and keep the business in house , oh but wait wait making Ashley even richer is a great idea . I think feckin not .

and how much money would it initially cost to set up shops, hire people accross Scotland? the answer is tens of millions which is money we can't afford to waste at the moment the only thing I would like to see is a Rangers shop in the centre of Glasgow that's it (plus the one at Ibrox). I believe most of the shops we had were not making money at all. Yes JJB were fucking shite for getting Rangers stuff in but we were guarenteed a lump sum of £10 Million odd plus a few million every year in an era where the highstreet is struggling many shops shutting down it's far to big a risk to start setting up shops. I would expect the Mike Ashley deal to only be 5 years odd with extra funds to extend it.

and how much money would it initially cost to set up shops, hire people accross Scotland? the answer is tens of millions which is money we can't afford to waste at the moment the only thing I would like to see is a Rangers shop in the centre of Glasgow that's it (plus the one at Ibrox). I believe most of the shops we had were not making money at all. Yes JJB were fucking shite for getting Rangers stuff in but we were guarenteed a lump sum of £10 Million odd plus a few million every year in an era where the highstreet is struggling many shops shutting down it's far to big a risk to start setting up shops. I would expect the Mike Ashley deal to only be 5 years odd with extra funds to extend it.

and one in Glasgow Airport

and one in Glasgow Airport

no celtic are supposed to be losing allot of money from it because the rent on it is so high perhaps we could set up a Rangers billboard or something so any tourists could see it and advertise Rangers games, shop location, ticket office number, tour detials etc... Plus we should sell match day tickets in the shop in Glasgow if we advertised it then tourists visiting could see it and decide to experience a Rangers match.

no celtic are supposed to be losing allot of money from it because the rent on it is so high perhaps we could set up a Rangers billboard or something so any tourists could see it and advertise Rangers games, shop location, ticket office number, tour detials etc... Plus we should sell match day tickets in the shop in Glasgow if we advertised it then tourists visiting could see it and decide to experience a Rangers match.

Agree on the tickets. I have been to a few games and other sports events when abroad in big cities and inevitably the tickets are sold in city centre shops. Stadia are rarely in the city centre and accessible to passing tourists.

Sporting you are bang here mate

The overall merchandising made 5-6 Million a year (in a good year) for Rangers prior to the JJB deal, when the deal was done Rangers got £18million upfront and £3million per year for 6 years, it was a fantastic deal for the club as they had no overhead costs for the shops and afterall they are a football club not a retail company. I believe that the Sports direct Deal will allow Rangers to sell from the megastore and keep the profits but not confirmed yet

Don't know what this deal is worth but I know someone close to me who is working on this

Another wee snippet, Rangers are talking to Puma and a company called warrior (sp?) over strips. Warrior are an American outfit who do Liverpool