Stripping titles doesn't necessarily mean handing them to the runners up

Peasie

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you do know this is a really bold statement.... hasnt there been more than 1 actual player who has said they were

hasnt there been agents who also confirmed this?

our best hope is when big Ogalvie was trying to save his arse by shredding everything he took the time to do a good job

Spoken like a true tarrier.

you do know this is a really bold statement.... hasnt there been more than 1 actual player who has said they were

hasnt there been agents who also confirmed this?

our best hope is when big Ogalvie was trying to save his arse by shredding everything he took the time to do a good job

You reek.

However, as far as I'm aware, HMRC's investigation of 3 years failed to produce a single signed contract stating payments would be made from the EBT, ergo, no contractual relationship.

Whether players believed it was contractual or not matters not a jot, in law, it's what can be proven. Players may well have been given demonstrations of potential outcomes of the EBT, none of that consitutes a contract.

Whether you like the idea or not, tax avoidance and planning is a fundamental industry in the UK. The players contracts were lodged with the SFA and SPL, the notification that payments were being made from the EBT seems not to have been.

I fail to see how this warrants stripping of titles, I'd be happy for someone to explain it to me.

Posted this on another thread earlier:

"The whole concept of stripping titles won years ago is utter nonsense. Yes, you can rewrite the history books if you wish, scratch the name of the trophy if it makes you happy. But we've already lived these title wins. We've already lived the moments of ecstasy. We've already missed the Mondays at work due to 48 hour drinking sessions. IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">And unless Liewell and Regan have a Men in Black-style memory erasing machine then we will always have those titles.uk.gif"

To tie this in with this thread, do people really think that the scum are going to go out on a 10 day celebration because of the 5 titles they've just "won"? Would they feel even a fraction of the joy that you feel at winning a title on the day? Of course not. It's more meaningless propaganda bullshit.

P.S. I do like the sound of this Juventus approach: just refuse to acknowledge it until they all get bored and forget about it. We could learn from this.

"The whole concept of stripping titles won years ago is utter nonsense. Yes, you can rewrite the history books if you wish, scratch the name of the trophy if it makes you happy. But we've already lived these title wins. We've already lived the moments of ecstasy. We've already missed the Mondays at work due to 48 hour drinking sessions. IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED.

And unless Liewell and Regan have a Men in Black-style memory erasing machine then we will always have those titles.uk.gif"

To tie this in with this thread, do people really think that the scum are going to go out on a 10 day celebration because of the 5 titles they've just "won"? Would they feel even a fraction of the joy that you feel at winning a title on the day? Of course not. It's more meaningless propaganda bullshit.

P.S. I do like the sound of this Juventus approach: just refuse to acknowledge it until they all get bored and forget about it. We could learn from this.

You reek.

However, as far as I'm aware, HMRC's investigation of 3 years failed to produce a single signed contract stating payments would be made from the EBT, ergo, no contractual relationship.

Whether players believed it was contractual or not matters not a jot, in law, it's what can be proven. Players may well have been given demonstrations of potential outcomes of the EBT, none of that consitutes a contract.

Whether you like the idea or not, tax avoidance and planning is a fundamental industry in the UK. The players contracts were lodged with the SFA and SPL, the notification that payments were being made from the EBT seems not to have been.

I fail to see how this warrants stripping of titles, I'd be happy for someone to explain it to me.

Well said. A lot of people (I use the term loosely) are saying that the FTTT and the dual contracts aren't connected. Well I would say the opposite is true. If there were dual contracts the FTTT would have been over before it started as we couldn't have claimed that payments were non-contractual. The fact it has dragged on without conclusion suggests to me that there are no dual contracts and may only be , as you say, demonstrations of what could be paid.

"The whole concept of stripping titles won years ago is utter nonsense. Yes, you can rewrite the history books if you wish, scratch the name of the trophy if it makes you happy. But we've already lived these title wins. We've already lived the moments of ecstasy. We've already missed the Mondays at work due to 48 hour drinking sessions. IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">And unless Liewell and Regan have a Men in Black-style memory erasing machine then we will always have those titles.uk.gif"

Excellent post.

the reason it has dragged on so long is because duff and duffer didnt send 1 single piece of paperwork to the authorities untill threatened with more punishments

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18283329

simple enough?

Not really as the FTTT was being dealt with by MIH and HMRC and nothing to do with D&P. I thought you kerryfail accountants would know the difference.

the reason it has dragged on so long is because duff and duffer didnt send 1 single piece of paperwork to the authorities untill threatened with more punishments

simple enough?

We've been under investigation a while now 'pal', we are subject to a test case that has been on going for a couple of years now.. The reason its dragging on is coz, and wait for it Declan, we might NOT actually be guilty!

If it was cut and dry, like your clubs Paedo ring, then they'd have already sent the bill! (bill as in tax bill, not the type of Bill that All knowing Big John should have called)

simple enough?

The court case finished months ago. Has it ever taken this long after a court case to deliver a verdict? It's not as simple as saying D&P took a couple of days/weeks to send a bit of paper. The court case finished MONTHS ago.

simple enough?

Touchy one.

D&P had nothing to do with the FTTT. What has that link got to do with the time taken in the FTTT?

all i want is to actually be able to say something that doesnt sound fucking retarded when timmy is like ahahhah ripped ur getting _____ happen to you

i want to be armed with facts so i can say things like actually it has been made perfectly clear in the media and there is 10 cases in other leagues to prove u wont be getting 5 more titles

oh no but you would rather say something witty and so full of meaning like THE BIG HOUSE MUST STAY OPEN!

yeah i must be such a terrible fan what an a bad advert i am for the great dingnified British establishment of Rangers i am when you would rather be known by the big house guy?

trying to bring DIGNITY to our cause... take me out and hang me

ARSEHOLE

Your good at thinking it's you eh being mentioned.

I'd rather be an assholes than a Tim, if your not stop acting like we deserve any of this.

i want to be armed with facts so i can say things like actually it has been made perfectly clear in the media and there is 10 cases in other leagues to prove u wont be getting 5 more titles

ARSEHOLE

Facts? Timmy doesn't deal in facts. They deal in hatred, vindictiveness and a warped sense of morality.

The facts are we're only guilty of two things:

1) Going into administration - Punishment was 10pts as per the rules.

2) Bringing the game into disrepute ( <cr> ) - Punishment was £160k fine and an illegal sanction which the SFA has yet to settle.

Other than that we're guilty of nothing.

There's your facts.

Facts? Timmy doesn't deal in facts. They deal in hatred, vindictiveness and a warped sense of morality.

The facts are we're only guilty of two things:

1) Going into administration - Punishment was 10pts as per the rules.

2) Bringing the game into disrepute ( <cr> ) - Punishment was £160k fine and an illegal sanction which the SFA has yet to settle.

Other than that we're guilty of nothing.

There's your facts.

(tu)

what court case would that be?

i wasnt aware an SFA investigation was taken to court?

which 1 was it :

wild west showdown?

sheriff court?

high court?

US supreme court?

the hague?

intergalactic super court?

none of the above and your a bell end for not figuring out the ppl who decide this are the same ppl trying to kill our club every day??

What fucking planet are you on? The tax case aint heard at the SFA or the SPL you fucking nutcase... Tax law is a total headache to sift through and sort out.. A panel of 3 judges have, or are still in the process of hearing evidence from both sides and will then make a decision on whether or not anything illegal took place.. It's also being heard according to Scots law, Scots law dictats that there has to have been "corroboration" (look it up) between parties to conspire to EVADE paying taxes due, that's the sticky part, trying to prove that is a fucking legal nightmare..

Proving years and years of institutional child abuse at sellic is not!

Lets take a reality check.

Are we honestly trying to say that titles won fair and square on the pitch, following all the sporting rules should be removed from Rangers because players participated in a legal EBT system and Rangers are 'potentially' guilty of not informing the SPL explicitly of this fact, despite our audited accounts showing the deductions?

As there was no contractual right to receive benefits from the EBT, what should we have filed with the SPL or SFA?

If this comes to pass, then truly our much vaunted Scots law and sensible nature will have been corrupted beyond reason.

What's law got to do with it?

It would appear that Reagan has decided that this should happen therefore the full weight of he SFA & SPL will try and make it happen.

I would doubt that any defence no matter how rationale and well constructed that proved beyond a doubt that this was a benifit, not a contractual obligation, would make any difference.

I would hope once the 'verdict' has been given our club will fight it with whatever means required including challenging it in court.