Postdating the Registration Embargo

WillWard

Like everyone else I am unhappy about accepting the Registration Embargo but why in the name of god is it being post dated to 1st September? I would think we'd have been much better off with the ban applying to this window and Januaury's window given that we currently have a squad capable of winning the 3rd division. If we cannot sign players in next year's summer window we run the risk of starting our campaign in the 2nd division poorly with no chance to strengthen until the January of 2014. If we have to accept the Registration Embargo we should insist it applies from the date at which it was originally applied.

Aside from the whole farce of there being a transfer embargo full stop, I'm of the opinion that I'd rather get players in now to boost spirits than wait a year. Might just be me though.

I was thinking that our existing squad should be more than capable of winning the 3rd division but by postdating the embargo we will be prevented from signing players next summer and I can't say that I'm as confident of that squad's ability to win the 2nd. We also don't yet know what our budget looks like for this coming season because of all the delays in selling season tickets, so allowing us to buy players in this window is a bit of an Indian gift.

All good points. But I don't see a situation arising where we can't afford wages for players good enough to romp home in both the third and second division, regardless of number of season tickets sold. I could pay for about four 3rd division players wages myself and still pay my bills, so I'm sure Rangers could bring a raft of replacements to do us the next 2 (or even three) years.

We will be abLe to buy players in this window,AND next Summers window if we go down this line.

NEXT Summers window will close on SEPT 2nd as it is the first weekday after Aug31st......so it is to our benefit!

Most deals get done on the last day anyway!

From Wikipishia

If the last day of a transfer window is on a weekend, the deadline can be extended to the following Monday at the request of those involved for business reasons.[24] The first shift of the deadline since its inception took place in summer 2008, when the deadline was extended by 24 hours to fall on Monday 1 September at midnight.[25][26] The transfer deadline in England was similarly extended to 5pm 1 September 2009, due to the August Bank Holiday. The German football league has announced to extend the January 2009 deadline to 2 February.[27]

We will be abLe to buy players in this window,AND next Summers window if we go down this line.

NEXT Summers window will close on SEPT 2nd as it is the first weekday after Aug31st......so it is to our benefit!

Most deals get done on the last day anyway!

From Wikipishia

If the last day of a transfer window is on a weekend, the deadline can be extended to the following Monday at the request of those involved for business reasons.[24] The first shift of the deadline since its inception took place in summer 2008, when the deadline was extended by 24 hours to fall on Monday 1 September at midnight.[25][26] The transfer deadline in England was similarly extended to 5pm 1 September 2009, due to the August Bank Holiday. The German football league has announced to extend the January 2009 deadline to 2 February.[27]

We won't be. The SFA's intention is to prevent us from signing anyone until January 2014 after this current window closes

After losing so many players we need to get as many in as possible, both from a psychological point of view as a huge confidence boost, and more importaintly as our squad is so small right now, a couple of bad injurys like Naismith last year, could leave us in real trouble. Also alot of the players we seem to be going for are SPL players like Shields, Black and Sandanza, good enough for SFL3 and 2.

After losing so many players we need to get as many in as possible, both from a psychological point of view as a huge confidence boost, and more importaintly as our squad is so small right now, a couple of bad injurys like Naismith last year, could leave us in real trouble. Also alot of the players we seem to be going for are SPL players like Shields, Black and Sandanza, good enough for SFL3 and 2.

Since Green doesn't know how many season tickets we will sell he cannot set our budget for the coming year, and without knowing what the budget is we won't be signing Shiels, Black or sandaza imho

Since Green doesn't know how many season tickets we will sell he cannot set our budget for the coming year, and without knowing what the budget is we won't be signing Shiels, Black or sandaza imho

I hope we will be speculating to accumulate and planning ahead. I guess time will tell but i think even the most miserly of owners would see we need players like never before.

We won't be. The SFA's intention is to prevent us from signing anyone until January 2014 after this current window closes

It is a 12 month ban starting on 1st Sept 2012 and finishes midnight 31st August 2013

The Scottish summer transfer window closes on 31st August. If the window is extended they will extend our embargo too

2 points.

1 - it's best to post date it because frankly we're still going to lose players from our current squad. Boca, Goian, Bedoya will probably all leave and could see the likes of Wallsce, Broadfoot, even Perry and Hutton heading off too. Make no mistake, our squad is threadbare. We'll need 10 players or do to compete. Starting our ban now would be disastrous

2 - the SFA twitter account already stated next year's window would close on 31st August. They could extend it but, like it or not, they'd unquestionably just lengthen our ban til that day. It's a ban for two transfer windows. Hopefully what we can do though is add a few talented u18s to a half decent squad

2 points.

1 - it's best to post date it because frankly we're still going to lose players from our current squad. Boca, Goian, Bedoya will probably all leave and could see the likes of Wallsce, Broadfoot, even Perry and Hutton heading off too. Make no mistake, our squad is threadbare. We'll need 10 players or do to compete. Starting our ban now would be disastrous

2 - the SFA twitter account already stated next year's window would close on 31st August. They could extend it but, like it or not, they'd unquestionably just lengthen our ban til that day. It's a ban for two transfer windows. Hopefully what we can do though is add a few talented u18s to a half decent squad

I guess the choice comes down to being able to sign players for Division 3 or sign players for Division 2. As I've already said, I think we currently have the players capable of winning Div3 but I would be less confident of those players winning Div2 at the first attempt. If it was me I'd be pushing for us to the have the opportunity to strengthen next summer rather than this one.

We can sign players then register them on September 1st I'm sure.

Yes we can ...and the 2nd...Transfer deadline days have to be a weekday!

The original punishment was an illegal 12 month embargo NOT twelve month and 2days!

It's time WE used the loopholes for once...they have Fucked up!

(mind you we have to sign up for the ban yet)

The original punishment was an illegal 12 month embargo NOT twelve month and 2days!

Transfer deadline days don't have to be a weekend. They close on the 31st of August unless they are extended but an extension is at the discretion of the SFA and we know what the chances are of them doing us a favour :wanker:

I guess the choice comes down to being able to sign players for Division 3 or sign players for Division 2. As I've already said, I think we currently have the players capable of winning Div3 but I would be less confident of those players winning Div2 at the first attempt. If it was me I'd be pushing for us to the have the opportunity to strengthen next summer rather than this one.

Yea but half these players we have might move on. Could literally be looking at a squad of 12-13 players. There's is a need simply to get numbers in.

Also, if we can sign players such as Dean Shiels/Ian Black then you have players more than capable of dealing with all divisions

I would imagine the SFA will make damn sure there is no loophole for us to use. Make no mistake, it's a two window ban

means we can sign people this season, once we appeal it after Reagan is punted we'll get next summers window too...

We really. Do not want another appeal or the rest of Scotland will use it as a stick to fine us doc points and relegate us all at once. We are better than that.

WATP